External HD for an xbox 360 arcade?

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
I got a 360 (arcade) for christmas (sigh), and it doesn't have a hard drive. This means that I can't play any of the normal xbox games, as well as I cannot download or store vary much content (came with a 256mb memory card...). What type of external hard drive would work for the 360 (connects via USB port, I think)? Are there any options that would work for this that are made for regular computers, or do I need an xbox one like this? How would I got about installing and formatting the hard drive?

I really wish my parents would have just gotten me the normal 20gb one, for only 70$ more. I've already spent an additional 30$ to get a headset & 3 months of XBL.

edit: It seems that there are 2 ready-made choices for 360 HDs, the 20gb and the 120gb, so I guess I'll be going with one of those since my xbox has a special spot for them.

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
2 ready-made choices: a 20 GB or 120 GB. If 120GB is expensive for you , you can get 20 GB. You can get a 20 GB with $50 instead of $100. This is a awesome deal:
Xbox 360 20 GB hard drive $50
Hmm, I didn't even think of Toys 'R Us, I have a friend that works there that can get me a discount. I wonder if they have them for that price in stores?