Excellent Char Idea Unlike the Rest!!

gatsu08

Reaction score
Instead of how everyone keeps posting new ideas for specific characters why not make it a little more broad. As everyone knows, Diablo 2 is a D&D based RPG. So why not make it a little more D&D since we know that that is what everyone loves. Instead of adding one or two new specific characters why don't we make the characters we already have more individual to the player. Let the player decide which charact they want and then decide what he/she wants that character to be within that main character class. EX. Choose a paladin and then be able to make him a death knight or a holy avenger; choose a sorc and then be able to make her a dragoness or witch or even a spell caster specified class such as transmuter or something. Sure you could still add a new character or two to the collection but I think that would make the game far more fun and interesting to see who is going to have what when you enter a game. Thanks and sorry for the long post but I could go on for a long time.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
So, you want to add MMORPG Style, or for lack of a better word, Final Fantasy Class/job switching to Diablo II? Someone could only make one character and have him master every class then swtich to whichever one he needs at the given time or situation I dislike the idea mainly becase of that. Also, because it kills any sort of variety that you would expect from a Blizzard Game, one especally like Diablo. Maybe if they could switch to make a half-class, maybe once, or twice to switch, but not more then 3 times, due to what I have implied above. Besides that, it's an ok idea in my opinion.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
You got it all wrong DM.
Think Morrowwind, except with LESS customizations as to what skills you have.

It's actually not a half-bad Idea, but it's been discussed over and over again on the other D3 forums I go to. Unfortunatly, the people that I talk to, and myself, have come to a conclusion that anything that complex would be too hard for the average 10 year old that playes D2 to comprehend.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I still think it would sway off from the original mechanics of the Diablo Series. Makes it seem too MMO-ish. Maybe adding a few of the characteristics, but not ALL of them, as you said.

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
Nah...I dont get what is up with some people...DIABLO IS DIABLO! Why do we need to change it to something else? I mean its the best rpg, why make it some cheesy rip off of D&D?

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
That's what I'm saying, but maybe add a little more variet as a D&D Game might have, while preserving the basic mechanics that Diablo is built on and enhancing them at the same time for a new game that is just a bigger, better Diablo II.

alduran

Reaction score
what if you take a multiclass and you cant gain levels in your previous char level. and you could be able to that only once.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Well, that would generally work depending on how many tims or how many classes you can contain within the mutli-class character itself. If you make it 2/3, then it's fine since if the guy thinks he can be godly by mixuing 3 classes together, he ends up being wrong and can't change it. :D

alduran

Reaction score
what i was trying to say was if you are a barbarian and want to gain a little sorc abilities and you take sorc multi class then the only available class for you will be sorc.
but barb skills and stats remain the same

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Grieving Mendacity said:
You got it all wrong DM.
Think Morrowwind, except with LESS customizations as to what skills you have.

It's actually not a half-bad Idea, but it's been discussed over and over again on the other D3 forums I go to. Unfortunatly, the people that I talk to, and myself, have come to a conclusion that anything that complex would be too hard for the average 10 year old that playes D2 to comprehend.
This is what he means people, not what you guys are saying. It's not that ****ing complicated.

Tact

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.fusiongamers.com
D2 is NOT a D&D based game. D2 might have similarities but D2 is not nor will it ever be Dungeons and Dragons. D&D is made up of other games that would not give their copy rights to Blizzard just so Blizzard can compete for sales with other D&D games. NWN is D&D. Baldur's Gate is D&D. IWD is D&D. D2 is NOT.

LocalBoyZ

Member!
Reaction score
gatsu08 said:
Instead of how everyone keeps posting new ideas for specific characters why not make it a little more broad. As everyone knows, Diablo 2 is a D&D based RPG. So why not make it a little more D&D since we know that that is what everyone loves. Instead of adding one or two new specific characters why don't we make the characters we already have more individual to the player. Let the player decide which charact they want and then decide what he/she wants that character to be within that main character class. EX. Choose a paladin and then be able to make him a death knight or a holy avenger; choose a sorc and then be able to make her a dragoness or witch or even a spell caster specified class such as transmuter or something. Sure you could still add a new character or two to the collection but I think that would make the game far more fun and interesting to see who is going to have what when you enter a game. Thanks and sorry for the long post but I could go on for a long time.
LOL! Diablo 2 has nothing to do with d&d you newb. Baldur's gate, neverwinter nights, pools of radiance, are all examples of d&d based games. D&d is a turn based, slow, boring system to use. D2 is real time combat newb, learn the difference. And I HATE the d&d combat system. The games are usually fun, I loved bg2, but the combat is horrible. Diablo 2 has way better combat then any d&d game, it's real time and it takes tactic. In d&d you swing and stand there and wait for them to hit you. Turn based is the worst combat system you could ever have for a pc game. And not everyone likes d&d. Diablo has sold way more then any other d&d game and I hope for the love of everything holy that they never even think of having anything to do with d&d. Turn based really means you take turns swinging at eachother and just stand there and let the other guy hit you. Turn based SUCKS!

LocalBoyZ

Member!
Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
I bet more people actually enjoy playing D&D out of fun then playing Diablo II out of stupid addiction.
Point is, d2 sold more. Alot more then any d&d game has. Doesn't matter what assumptions you make becuase numbers are more accurate then your opinion. And the numbers say more ppl enjoy d2.

I love the epic feeling and the story line of most d&d games, but the combat is just god awfully horrible. No skill required what so ever. It's all based on statistics, wich eliminates any game play.

P0w3rGam3r

Reaction score
D2 has the same lack of tactics as DnD, if you want to put it that way. If you play a fighter all you do is click and wait for the target to die.

If you're a mage or spell caster things are quite different. You buff. You cast disabling spells. You kill the guy with slaying spells. Nothing different there, either.

By the way, how many DnD games have there been? And how many Diablo games? Add up all the DnD games sold and you have way more than D2 and Diablo added together.

Tact

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.fusiongamers.com
Sounds to me like mr. 1337 p0w3r is talking out his ass. For one thing, D2 takes WAY more strategy just in the sole fact that it is REAL TIME combat.

Add up all the DnD games and Diablo games? Sure thing, you got first and second for d2 and then diablo 1 along with diablo hellfire. Then for DnD you got NWN, IWD, IWD 2, BG, BG2, PST. Get me some statistics and I will be willing to bet those four diablo games from the Diablo series will still have more sales than the D&D games. If you love D&D soooooo much, mr 1337 p0w3r h4x0r boy, go play it and get the hell off the D3 forum. Better without idiots like you here anyway. Come to a Diablo 3 forum and then say how shitty D3 is compared to D&D... Real intelligent. You'd do better getting a damn random flame generator. The point to D&D even being brought up by localboyz was to say that it had nothing to do with D2. You must have also thought that it did because obviously you seem real butt hurt that it isn't. You've been proven wrong; get over it.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
LocalBoyZ said:
Point is, d2 sold more. Alot more then any d&d game has. Doesn't matter what assumptions you make becuase numbers are more accurate then your opinion. And the numbers say more ppl enjoy d2.

I love the epic feeling and the story line of most d&d games, but the combat is just god awfully horrible. No skill required what so ever. It's all based on statistics, wich eliminates any game play.
Addict, not enjoy. Numbers are better then my opinion, but my school grade doesn't mean anything to me when I can't stop playing a horribly imbalanced and crappy RPG thats dying. You seem to have found a new word for enjoy in your vocabulary, and I find it most disturbing. And Diablo II? Requring skill? Please guy, Diablo II lost any real skill once 1.10 came out. Don't believe me? Go make a Blizzard Sorceress. I guarentee you'll kill atleast a few astupid people just by clicking. There you go. :)

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
LocalBoyZ said:

Oh, you are SO wrong it's not even funny. Dungeons and Dragons has sold so much more crap than D2 ever will. It's not even a contest.