Every one knows Undead has a bijillion advantage over NightElf lets prove it.

DigitalElite

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
fishdynastyproducts.deviantART.com
What you do, is get quick hunts, but get a rush force of your hero and two archers first, and rush them, knowing it to be unsuccessful. This prevents them from rushing and you can tech to the hunts...then? gg ud...or attack at nite and use shadow meld as part of a microing scheme...I was amazed when I saw someone use that.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
You can shadow meld but I'd run back out of range before melding. If you meld in battle it can get in the way, dust of appearanced, and it will take additional damage before melding. I always juggle units back and forward with NE instead of melding.

NeverGoingBack

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pan
u do know that that is well over 840 gold to upgrade 6 towers, 2 being nerubian.
And you know perfectly well that 840 for defense is nothing to ud overtime. 10.000 gold in a starting mine, and if the game proceeds to the use of expansions^^

ud units have cheap resource cost... that extra money easily goes into defending your base and expo.

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
Originally posted by Theroy
That may work but that's so hard to get in solo. Espcially on maps that permit harass getting too tier 3 is hard enough with out a hard tech.
hmm depends..ghouls will never beat hunts very early on..specially if you do build your base defensively and with wells well placed for a good healing.

Something I have also seen working are couple sets of heroes.

panda (with haze) and DR (with silence and skeleton..maybe even drain). the good thing about it is.. she can silence that nasty Lich since she is immune to coil anyway.

WD + Panda= fok + haze

i have also seen BM + panda (this being sort of classic)- haze, pig.

the harass you are mentioning about is not truly effective against Night elves so you have nothing to fear.

if he got RON simply dispel using 1 wisp...the rest..just go creeping. in the end the match will come to..who has a lvl higher of hero and which ones are alive.

just remember 1 thing theroy...the more variety your army has...the better you can respond and counter a particularly strategy. I don't believe in gargs being overpowered...just that it requires a little more knowledge and flexibility in beating them.
You cant expect every time to be able to counter a combo using 1 or 2 type of units.

NeverGoingBack

Reaction score
1 or 2 girl? try 4 at least... hunts, dotts, archers, dryads. You could probably even use some mgs in there.

and Warden is the Ne greatest hope in this battle, if she makes it to level 6 most likely ur gonna win, if not :(

oh and the most unique combo I have seen that basiclly humilated the ghould garg strat is Panda + Pit Lord. Theroy disagrees, and likes the warden better... but i like it.

even at level 1 your heros will cuase the ud army to have a 45% chance to miss, and cuase 30% less damage putting the odds in your favor.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NeverGoingBack
And you know perfectly well that 840 for defense is nothing to ud overtime. 10.000 gold in a starting mine, and if the game proceeds to the use of expansions^^

ud units have cheap resource cost... that extra money easily goes into defending your base and expo.
mines vary each map, and for cheap costs, tell me why ud has the highest priced tier 1 ranged unit? we have the most expensive tier 3 air unit and the most expensive anticaster, not to mention the 300 gold anticaster is a 5-foodunit. Necros and Banshees are rather expensive.
145 for necros
155 for banshee

Priest is 135, sorc is 155(and incredibly more useful than a banshee), shaman is 130, witch doc is 145, DOTT initiate is 135, and DOTC is 255 but does double as tier 3 meele.

NeverGoingBack

Reaction score
haha but are using those hell no cheap ass air and cheap ass melee.

why does ur anticaster cost so much... you know why!!! cuase it flyes and has splash damage... and in it other form is a walking moonwell.

145 for necros a bad at all considering in mass they can create up to 3 armies.

and your tier 3 air.. also freezes buildings can attack air, and cuases slow.

oh and ur high cost tier 1 ranged unit is like the secksiest ranged unit in the game and turns into anti air at tier 2.

its all about vesatility with ud. ranged that turns into aa, healers that turn into anticasters, casters that turn into melee etc.

Silynt Rage

Member!
Reaction score
hey theroy, have you tried countering with Talon? Bird form? see how that goes... I mean... being that they can be ground or air... maybe that would be beneficial... keep them on the ground, when the ghouls start going for the Talon, turn them to crow form...

or what about just a sh!tload of ranged units? dryads archers and talon? or just dryads and talon, of course dryads and talon are teir 2... but by then you could have a ton of archers anyways. Throw in a Priestess with aura... that probably would be a fun test...

NeverGoingBack

Reaction score
thats standard noob

talons with wind isnt all that great, good, but not great its tier 3 and the only thing worth microing out the spell is the heros...

and talons crow form is pointless to... gargs will eat it them + your making your ground units even more vunerable to ghouls.

besides if they see you tech that they usually mass ghouls with stats and own it.

saw aether beat a NE with ghoul garg strat in under 8min today :(

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
No that dosen't work. FarieFire isn't that good on gargs I don't notice a diffrent because gargs don't need hp with that damage and attack rate. Unholy + Vamp + lich nova + Statues healing = Out does FOK The hypo get raped and the FarieFire wont even know it's there. and there's still the gouls raping up your ground. coil. and the sleep. :(

Darimus

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceman.vze.com
How come you so strongly believe that undead is better? Night elf could win if the player wasn't stupid. And as long as he counters good.

C

CooterDan

I think that everyone should stop whining about imbalances and unfair advantages in the game of Wc3:TFT. The fact of the matter is, blizzards developers are experts in their fields, and they aren't paid to sit around and play with their dicks all day. They have come up with a complex system of advantages and disadvantages, bonuses and penalties, that reflects the skill of the player. If you get beat by an undead player in 1v1 while using orc, it doesn't necessarily mean that UD is better than orc, it means you need to quit bitching and practice. I get my ass handed to me about as much as I hand out asses, but I at least have the decency to admit that I should just practice on ways to decrease my build time, work on microing, etc.. instead of writing a 3 1/2 page bitchuary on "How much I suck with NE"... and FYI, I've seen Garg/ghoul countered many times, by different types of units, its about 25% what your units are, and 75% how you use them.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by CooterDan
The fact of the matter is, blizzards developers are experts in their fields, and they aren't paid to sit around and play with their dicks all day. They have come up with a complex system of advantages and disadvantages, bonuses and penalties, that reflects the skill of the player.
OMG they don't? they coulda fooled me.

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
Originally posted by NeverGoingBack
1 or 2 girl? try 4 at least... hunts, dotts, archers, dryads. You could probably even use some mgs in there.
You cant expect every time to be able to counter a combo using 1 or 2 type of units

what you said is exactly what I've said... the greater variety you have in your army.. the better you can counter what he has. of course going just 2 sets of units is not recommended but it can be done..IF you outplay him.
hey theroy, have you tried countering with Talon? Bird form?
heheh rage.. in ft talons birds aren't half as good as they used to be in roc. because they received magic attack while in bird form also.. talons bird are to be used ONLY if you have 0 anti air and they are your last way out. otherwise.. they don't worth the boder.

Priest is 135, sorc is 155(and incredibly more useful than a banshee),
it all depends how you look at the things.. what can be greater than possessing an unit? making it your own? NOTHING. banshee are hardly used for other reasons..and necros are better than priests in some cases. some races have a hard time in getting aoe dispel. necros are better against NE and orcs than are against humans (because of the priest aoe dispel). you cant say sorc are good against a NE that has faeries. they will die before they get to cast the second time slow...etc

you guys should stop theorizing on this subject there are too many factors to take account on and depends on the situation, player skill and experience.

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Talon do nothing on gargs. Hypo are far better choice. I find the only way to counter that bs start is. Big map with no fountain of health and well tech chims stop his creeping then creep yourself. Wont work on small maps liek the bridge of ****ing gayness map. Or you can get a good map like plunder go warden fast expand hope he dosen't and then you can go through tons of units and then you can win.

NeverGoingBack

Reaction score
i still say the fast expand is crap on small maps... they will surely scout it out and make sure your attempt at expanding merely waste ur time and resources, a better choice would be to fast expand on a larger map.

and Orc have aoe dispell now too that is actually dam sexy even in 4v4 where necros are usually a game decider, infact orc have the best dam caster support in the game next to hu.

mass casters in a 4v4 = lust, heal, and dispell. GG

I say 4v4 cuase its what I use to test build orders, and units. Not really good to display skill, but if you mass a certain unit type, it helps you learn all its abilities, strenghs/weakness, and build order.

mass hunts, dotts, hipps maybe?

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
4v4 and such you wont be facing goul garg.

NeverGoingBack

Reaction score
well u got that right... basiclly only thing u do see from ud is necros, fiends, wyrms, and occasionally aboms.

I was just wondering when the last time you seen somebody say they are massing windwalkers :p its actually pretty fun untill you meet the smart guys who mass mellee, and AC.