Efficient enough?

Weeeman02

Member!
Reaction score
Is a crappy item'd lit sorc effective to do reasonably quick pindy runs? [Thinking so she can double as a count runner]

life_source

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
how crappy of items?

i had a cold sorc that i thought had shit items, but when i actually looked at them, they gave some nice bonus's and wheren't that bad. they where no shako/skulders/occy, but they got me by till i could get/trade for better.

so give us a list. rares? magic? junky low level set? what do you think is crappy?

Weeeman02

Member!
Reaction score
So far, a +1 to fire bolt wand and a buckler.. rofl just starting up on ladder season 2 :p

life_source

BattleForums Member
Reaction score

o... k...

well... for starters, runes are your friend. well... not really, rune WORDS are your friend. stealth armor (tal eth), lore helm (ort sol), and rhyme shield (shael eth) are the strongest runewords for low levels. those are basically your res/good stat items. one other rune word you might want is leaf (tir ral) for a weapon, its normally for a fire sorc, but it gives + mana after kill and warmth, which is always good for low levels. for low level mfing, your going to want ptopaz's, find some 3/4 socket armor and 3 socket helm and put ptopaz's in them. thats about 150~ mf right there. pick up ALL your rares. some rares are actually good, especially boots, i've found lots of rare boots with 10-20 mf and some res, same with gloves. and hoard ALL uniques and sets you find. you never know what people will trade for. i got a lidless for a normal topaz, so you never now when you might find a real steal deal. magic items are the same as rares, they could have mf on them, and every bit counts normally. try and get some high level friends. they will sometimes give you free crap thats actually good. there are lots of exceptional uniques that lots of high players think are crap, but for low level players, their god sends.

just play conservitavly and run what ever bosses you can, you ALWAYS eventually find something of trade value.

also,
your a light sorc? you should be fine in the damage department. lightning does good damage, so you wont need to sacrifice many +skills items for mf items

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Also, don't forget that Lightning can drop out (do like no damage), so some FCR is needed (just my opinion, though).

Weeeman02

Member!
Reaction score
Yeah those 3 damage casts will eh.. hurt :()

One last thing, what are you guys liking for MF these days?

On NL i use just over 800....and have found atleast 1 of everything on my pickitlist in... but I know plenty of people suggest 300-400 instead..

life_source

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
right now i'm struggling with about 100~ mf, but i'm personally thinking 300 would be most productive.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
During 1.09 my sorc had about 200 (just a little over), and was doing very well in Meph runs. I think that speed is more of an ally than high mf, especially for Pindle Runs.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Nah, 800 is gawdly.

Guru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by COTA-GoD
lol, You people can use what you want, but IME 300-400 works wonders while high mf works like shit.
In you're opinion maybe, but the more mf=the more uniques, and I'm a big fan of uniques so..

-Edit-

and as for mf, i think 1157 would be ideal :butterfly

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Or you could go with 97k like my Open Amazon ;)

Weeeman02

Member!
Reaction score
Well dutch, i just realized jhjs only casts chain.. good enough to take him down? I know chain has a pretty low max.. atleast for havin a 1 min :p