Easy way to get rich - obvious method, though surprisingly scarse in use.

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Ok, ive rejoined diabloII multiple times, ive quit, lost everything, and started up, becoming godly within a month.

This DOES require work, its not a quick fix, but it sure is quicker than the normal method.

sure, you can sometimes be lucky and have rich friends that giv eyou stuff to build with, and thats great, but they sometimes quit too, or your not one of the lucky ones, well heres what i do every time i start back up:

Start off making a sorceress, blizzard sorc to be exact. Use this character to get some MF going, gather the best gear you can find, and do MF runs (do norm cows and norm meph for some beginning gear, move on to NM meph for some advanced gear, then try and do meph on hell)

once you can beat hellmeph you shoul dhave some fair gear, some diecent mf, but a sorc with wasted points (when you have no gear, you really have no choice)

its time to gather the best gear you can, remember, this is a MF sorc, so get mf gear (ie travs, mf charms, shako, topaz stuff, etc etc)

rebuild your sorc using your new mf gear, by this point you should have spent 1-2 weeks mfing for this gear, so you should be okay.

Do 1 weeks worth of hell meph (1-2 hours a day is all thats required, but the more the better)

heres the trick: we will NOT be IDing all your items.

Things not to ID:
Rare amulets !!!
Rare rings !!!
Rare belts
Rare boots
Rare gloves
Rare druid helms !!!
Unique rings !!!
Unique amulets !!!

more than likely, every item you find is going to be of little value, i can nearly gaurentee if you have found 30 uniqe rings, the best your going to get is a ravens, the chances of getting SOJ/BK are so low, its not going to hurt to sell these off.

now, you need to register at the jsp forums. post some, get an account up, people dont trust noobs.

Create a post selling "Gamble packs" you can normally (last i tried) get anywhere from 20 - 500+ gold for these, i once sold a full character of rare druid pelts for 300 gold, and every one of them were junk.

great places to mf to find rares: Pindle, Eldrich, Mephisto, andarial, these are all fast mf locations, and you will find a ton of rares (not just pelts) from them.

This allows me to earn about 2-3k gold a month with casual gameplay every time i start up again, and its an easy way to get those runewords your after.

you can then setup a hammerdin, and if you like, use MMbot after that, setting up a script to run at night (ill be posting about this later) and generate crazy income with this method.

note: its easier to buy the runes and socketables than the runewords themselves, keep that in mind when trying to build your next character.

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
Run a redvex plugin called "IDBlock" and then you can gamble circlets all day. I used to get about 2 rare circlets (id & sell the magic unless they are good) per 1 mill game gold. You can buy game gold for 1 fg on jsp (or find them with a gold find barb like I used to). With a pack of unid rare circlets, you can sell them for 22 (1 full character worth) for at least 50fg. When I did this I would sell them at 100fg each, but prices have dropped quite a bit.

Edan

Reaction score
NIce guide dragn, I have other ways of gettin rich :)

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
I see. That must be a big community. Maybe I should make an account there seen as I have been using your guide. Good guide btw.
They are rank #9 or something like that for "biggest forums" on the internet, I believe.

IDBlock is a fantastic plugin, some people get upset when you sell them 90+ ilvl stuff that shouldn't exist, ie. 96/97/98, etc.

TopGun

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Guide really helps, and works.

When getting that fg from your unid packs, invest in better mf gear. But research it first.

There are certain "ranges" of mf that provide different results go for the "rare" range, and that is where you will get most of your better "package deals" to sell on jsp. Alot of people like to get Pelts, because they can be worth a LOT of fg. So, do this until you have a decent amount of fg, then just start trading on jsp, find good deals then simply Re-Sell the items.

There are many people on jsp that sell full characters and mules full of gear for very cheap because they are quitting, or desperately in need of Forum Gold. Thats your opportunity.