Dungeon Leveling > Questing?

H

hinataprime

Four Reasons You Should Try Dungeon Leveling

Dungeon leveling came to World of Warcraft with patch 3.3, and it truly is the fastest way to power level your character. The dungeon finder now makes it easy for anyone to find dungeon groups at any time of day. Here are four reasons you should try dungeon leveling.

1. More Experience— Instance leveling gets you far more experience than power leveling through solo quests, and there are several reasons for this. First, your down time is kept to a minimum. You’ll get many more average kills per second and spend a lot less time trying to track down your corpse after you die. In fact, you’ll find that you probably don’t die as often because you have four other players helping you.

Completing the dungeon quests is also a very important part of dungeon leveling. Blizzard has increased the rewards you get for running the dungeons, granting double the experience for dungeon quests. It means you’ll have to run twice as many solo quests to get the same amount of experience you’ll get from the dungeon quests.

2. Better Rewards— Dungeon leveling also gives you access to much better rewards. You’ll find that the drops you get from killing the bosses inside of the dungeons are much better quality than the drops you’ll get from solo questing. Better gear will make you more powerful, which, in turn, makes power leveling your character even easier. You’ll also find that the rewards for completing dungeon quests are of much higher quality than the rewards you get for turning in solo quests. Instead of gear that’s made up entirely of green items, you’ll have a chance to get the highest quality blue items that are available for your current level.

3. More Fun— Instance leveling is also much more fun than playing by yourself. You get a chance to interact with players from other servers and learn how to work as part of a team. Before the dungeon finder, many players didn’t set foot in a single dungeon until they reached level 80. Most of these players got all the way to level 80 without a full understanding of the three roles needed for every group: rank, healer, and DPS, also known simply as damage. Dungeon leveling will truly unlock the fun that was meant to be had by all.

4. More Gold— Instance leveling also gives you a great new way to make gold. All of the old gold guides are out of date now that the dungeon finder exists. Sure, you can farm your way to plenty of gold, but dungeon leveling gives you unique access to enchanting materials whenever you happen to have a player who has the enchanting profession. Enchanting materials always bring in gold on the auction house, and rolling to disenchant green items that you don’t need is a great way to get these materials to sell. You also get gold with every single kill, so naturally the amount of gold you make is much higher since you’re killing more monsters per second.

Let's debate if dungeon leveling is best or not. I'm standing by my opinion. :yikes:

ph0enix_lynn

Reaction score
I think it also depends on where you're questing and at what level. I think that for entertainment purposes, Dungeons are way better, but sometimes you can get ridiculous XP for silly quests.
Personally, I would rather do dungeons all day long than questing, but I also don't have an 80 yet and I've been playing for...hmm...years. My opinion on this probably doesn't count.

Darallan

Member!
Reaction score
If you know what you're doing questing is still much faster.