Dragonball Film?

L

Laharl

Apparently there is a Dragon ball based film in the works, and apparently it's not to be a very faithful adaptation. The release date (last I heard) was to be April 10, 2009.

I, for one, am confused about a number of things including the actor chosen to play Son Goku, the alterations to the canon, and why they chose such a seemingly random season to base the movie off of (The King Piccolo saga).

The actor chosen to play Son Goku is Justin Chatwin. Behold his amazing whiteness. Behold it. The question here is: Why would they choose a white man to play an asian-ish boy? What were they thinking?!

Also, what of the two sequels? What seasons would they be based off of?

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I for one do not care and have no intentions of seeing this movie.

L

Laharl

I know it's going to suck, but I want to try to have as much of an open mind as possible going into it.

It might be good, but probably won't.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
it'll probably take 5 movies to tell one fight scene just like the anime.
(insert hilarious laughter.)

L

Laharl

it'll probably take 5 movies to tell one fight scene just like the anime.
(insert hilarious laughter.)
That's completely inaccurate? Most fights are under one episode, and the rare ("important") fights, take three or so episodes, tops. Per direct fight.

Christ, did you even watch Dragon Ball?

Glowy

Premium Member
Reaction score
If it's the haha my power lvl is higher thans urs , *oh yea* ahhhhhhhh now mines higher than yours. Oh yea? ahhhhh now whos stronger?

Than I pass.

Dbz was great until the end of the frieza saga after that it went down a spiraling hill of retarded.

L

Laharl

Actually, in Dragon Ball they never once mentioned "Power Level". Then again, Frieza doesn't exist in Dragon Ball. You guys are thinking of the wrong series.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
What? Did you seriously just say that? Shut the **** up. Glowpole wasn't intending to be 100% accurate with his post, crikey. Are you that socially inept that you couldn't realise that?

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
lol he is taking our hilariously hyperbolic criticism and defending his show by saying we are slightly inaccurate.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
lol an anime with no teen angst and androgynous males? no thanks ****s gonna suck

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
He's speaking on Dragonball, which is roughly what the movie is supposed to be based on. Not Dragonball Z, the anime that just about everyone of you is refering to about.

Stop bringing that **** up, discuss the movie, or I'll ban you.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
He's speaking on Dragonball, which is roughly what the movie is supposed to be based on. Not Dragonball Z, the anime that just about everyone of you is refering to about.
DragonBall Z was only ever called DragonBall Z for the anime, and english versions of the second half of the Manga.

Otherwise Dragonball refers to the entirety of the two from the Manga, therefore we are talking about Dragonball. kthx

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
And the english version of DBZ and the second half of the jap manga is when all that other stupid **** started, like you all started bitching about.

kthnx.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
And the english version of DBZ and the second half of the jap manga is when all that other stupid **** started, like you all started bitching about.

kthnx.
Which is still just Dragonball, when referring to the jap manga.

and since this is an American Production, and Dragon ball Z was far more popular than Dragon ball, and the original title was to have the movie called Dragon Ball Z(warranting more focus on that section of the manga), any and all grievances to that section of the Story are valid in this thread.

PLUS this movie is planned to start a trilogy, take your pick at when they are going to put in the straight Dragonball Z section of it, but it is clearly going to happen.