DotA?

Dream_Walker

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
i think the most deadlist combo would have to be a slayer cm combo, but thats just me. with the skills of my crystal maiden, and a friends slayer, we make almost everybody leave. we have never lost with that combo, granted the game has never lasted that long either :).

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Or the fact when you try to run, the pissing annoying Balanar comes up and Voids you. I always hated that!

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
lol yes, that is always a pisser. but all of those heroes may be good, none of them has as much potential as the phantom assassin herself. she can be the most godly of the heroes, or as sucky as sap from a pine tree. its all based on how you do her; for instance if you die a lot in the beginning, your ****ed. if you get 2-3 kills in beginning without dying, you've got a high chance of winning. because if you die a lot, you dont have the money to buy the items that are NEEDED for pa to be good; thus putting yourself behind and screwing you and your team mates. she is godly, but the counter is shes fragile -_- .

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Most assassin type hero's are pretty fragile. Like Rikimaru in 6.0, you need to start attacking from behind a lot to get his full potential. Blink Strike will help you get behind opponents, but you still need to watch out for the damage.

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Rhasta and Lion make a deadly combo... There is hardly a single second when you AREN'T disabled. They own hard early game, are scary as hell mid-game, and are excellent supporters late game. Give each of them a sheepstick and you can literally disable an entire team... Not to mention Rhasta is also an excellent pusher...

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I like Lion, kept screwing up one Rylai's player with Impale and Hex to keep FF from really affecting me.

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
mortred > rhasta late game. and if lion has already used the fod, he is probably weak and mortred will scrap up the remains of whats left of lions health.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Rhasta and Lion can drop Mortred pretty easy if they have sheep stick. Aside that I usually see Aggy or Refresher orb on them which furthers the slaughter. Mortred has too low of HP to really make threat to a INT Hero with a Disabler.

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
well if it helps any i've taken them down... :)

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It's possible to take them down as Mortred. But you have to get the jump on them. I've destroyed an entire team by getting the jump on them before, wasn't that hard since they had no real disablers and they were mostly caster heroes. I shoulda saved a replay, it was a prime example of why you DON'T let Mortred get a Battlefury. ^^

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Dream_Walker said:
mortred > rhasta late game. and if lion has already used the fod, he is probably weak and mortred will scrap up the remains of whats left of lions health.
FoD is a weak ultimate unless you have Aggy and a Refresher Orb, then you can deal some real pain. Lion is a good disabler, there are just not many people who use him correctly!

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
yes then he can be a real pain...

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I've seen Finger used mostly as an afterthought, like right when most of the enemy hero's HP has been taken off, or in conjunction with a Dagon for double pain. It's a pretty damn painful attack, and one of the few spells that can pass through the dreaded Avatar effect. On the other hand, there's another use for Finger, and this goes for Laguna too.

...It's one hell of a KS spell. I hate Lions and Linas that just KS to improve their already outrageous score.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I was just thinking about that when I was playing DOTA last game. When I get Lion from now on, I usually try to get Dagons are high as I can :)

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
RageWinterchill said:
I've seen Finger used mostly as an afterthought, like right when most of the enemy hero's HP has been taken off, or in conjunction with a Dagon for double pain. It's a pretty damn painful attack, and one of the few spells that can pass through the dreaded Avatar effect. On the other hand, there's another use for Finger, and this goes for Laguna too.

...It's one hell of a KS spell. I hate Lions and Linas that just KS to improve their already outrageous score.

why do i feel like that was directed toward me? *looks the other direction*

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Dream_walker said:
why do i feel like that was directed toward me? *looks the other direction*
It wasn't it was directed towards me

RageWinterchill said:

Lion gets annoying with Guinsoo added to the equation. He can hex, impale, attack, cyclone. Then Finger of Death you when you are near death. With Aghanim's, the FoD ends up doing ~1000+ damage.

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
yes if that happens you might as well bend over and kiss your ass goodbye!

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Or you could get BKB and only deal with getting Fingered.

That sounds funny.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Dream_Walker said:
yes if that happens you might as well bend over and kiss your ass goodbye!
unless you have blink and you do it before you get sheeped or hit with a status effect.