DOTA: Heroes and Core Items.

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
i agree. its rare for me to get a skadi for lina the game will past an hour and a half by that time.

boots of travel.
scepter.
dagger.

after this 3 items, i either go for the guinsoo/heart/ or the skadi.

i agree about the diffusal/manta but imo its also situational even for heroes with illusions. you wont give the chaos knight manta as a core item, would you? the skadi will work great for terror blade if you do't get diffusal. Your enemies can't escape specially your on demon form.

maxwellr

Reaction score
My fav. hero yuri (yurnero) and its first three items to have are these;
*pt
*bf
*bf(battlefury)

so , additionally if you buy some more attack speed items, he will be hitting extra during ulti .

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
I personally wouldn't get more than one BF on Juggernaut. That extra % of cleave doesn't make a big different unless the hero already has a cleave skill. The only hero I could ever imagine getting dual BF on is Magnataur - and I do - and it's an awesome build. It never fails to dominate.

punchy

Member!
Reaction score
im not sure about battlefury for yunero, sure it works well with his critical but i think the whirlwind is enough for farming.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
I personally wouldn't get more than one BF on Juggernaut. That extra % of cleave doesn't make a big different unless the hero already has a cleave skill. The only hero I could ever imagine getting dual BF on is Magnataur - and I do - and it's an awesome build. It never fails to dominate.
It works good on sven as well. Gods strength + 2BF's + his natural cleave and you're ****ed. Take a whole team out in a few swings.

punchy

Member!
Reaction score
i agree about battle fury, god strength, natural cleaving skill, can take out a whole team, but, the enemies shoud be really close to each other or simply they are near to the one you attack which don't usually happens unless you depend on your teammates like magnataur's reverse or enigmas black hole.

so with that reason alone i won't suggest a battlefury or two for sven. I rather go with buriza, coz crit always do go with cleaving. Plus buriza and god strength will allow you to kill enemy hero easily.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
It works good on sven as well. Gods strength + 2BF's + his natural cleave and you're ****ed. Take a whole team out in a few swings.
Yeah, what mole said. It's not very easy to get enemies close enough to take advantage of cleave killing plus his ulti can be purged off and not recasted within the purge. Magnus, however, can recast and has the ability to force them to get closer. BF can be good on Sven, but there's just better items for him.

Kuro Neko

Reaction score
Nerubian Gamewinner ( Weaver ) I just usually start out with the +3 agility items, then work my way up with getting core damage items, since he's already safe with his WW and Ultimate. It all depends afterwards what heroes they have to alter his gear, of course that's with any hero, no?

Other 2 I play, since I havn't in a while as I don't quite remember is Ursa and Mercurial.