DOTA for Starcraft 2?

Sakuhta

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I figured you'd know that Defense of the Ancients was originally on SC, which was based off Aeon of Strife from WC2, but that's giving you guys too much credit.
The original DOTA was not created until WC3. There were some, very bad and very rare AoS on SC, but no, DOTA was not original to SC.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
And everyone will have a reason to buy SC2 if its crap.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
u do know its been a while since blizzard made a crap game right?

alls i knows is that hopefully tower defense will be revived!

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Every strategy game is not complete without it. Well, at least the ones that have more advanced customization.

J

Jum-Jum

There will be a Dota for SC2, they even added a hero system in SC2 just because of dota. Gotta have hero system if custom maps are gonna get better than Wc3. Besides, the editor is just a updated version of Wc3 right? With like 1000 triggers, insane. Im gonna love it =)

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Do you where this information is confirmed?

But probably in melee, they aren't gonna use it.

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
There is not a hero system in SC2, they aren't making ****ing WC4, and it's a SC2 map editor.

Two totally different style games cannot be compared that well. The only thing they have in common is that they are RTSs'

Sakuhta

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
There is not a hero system in SC2, they aren't making ****ing WC4, and it's a SC2 map editor.

Two totally different style games cannot be compared that well. The only thing they have in common is that they are RTSs'
SC2's map editor IS an updated version of WC3's, and they have plenty in common, considering they're using the exact same game engine.

I would almost guarantee that there will be a hero system in SC2, probably not in the melee / ladder games or in the campaign, but probably available for the map editor.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
lol dota for starcraft? dota came from AoS, and AoS originiated from starcraft

ChrisH36

Reaction score
SC2's map editor IS an updated version of WC3's, and they have plenty in common, considering they're using the exact same game engine.

I would almost guarantee that there will be a hero system in SC2, probably not in the melee / ladder games or in the campaign, but probably available for the map editor.
Quoted for the truth. The problem with heroes is they could get overpowered pretty fast, depending on the situation. I wouldn't be suprised if a Marine hero could shoot down a Mothership in a few shots.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
That could be possible. But the way I saw Zerglings was like Ghouls in Wc3 when upgraded.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Hopefully the dota isn't incredibly unbalanced till like the first ten virgins.

ÆtherDemon

Reaction score

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
The Map editor has the ability to make HEROEs like in WCIII and make units and such carry Items based on the editor. There is no Meele heroes, and there will be no leveling heroes for Single player.

The Map editor will be Warcraft III editor with enhanced functionality, and will contain ALL of the original SC units, even ones not in SCII competitive play. I also believe cut units will be somewhat included in the editor.

EDIT

above Link confirmed what I just said. should probably read before posting.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
as long as SC2 custom games arn't all DOTA, i can stand having a hero system. :)

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
As long as EVERY game doesn't use a hero system, I'm fine with. My only gripe with WCIII was everyone felt because there was a system, it should be used.

R

RAW-BERRY

DotA ruined custom games on Wc3... If they figure out how to make it on SC2, and it becomes as big of a hit as it is on Wc3, I will probably not play SC2, but instead play Halo 3 LIVE. I hate DotA for two reasons, I don't find it fun or entertaining in anyway, and as I said earlier it ruined custom games on Wc3.