Does massing=nOOb

Grimace

Member!
Reaction score
Massing is okay, if you know what the enemy is doing.

I don't really see why it could be considered noobish, if you can mass and win, its no reason for others to call you a noob.

I would usually go with different casters or air. (mass garg sucks!) With undead you usually go Aboms/ghoul/necro, or garg/frost/fiend. I do this cause u only hav to upgrade 2 things, armor and attack ;). (gee i'm cheap)

ConfedMonkey

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Its considered noobish because its cheap, but usually in warcraft massing usually fails if the other person knows what he is doing.

zeroxuz

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i mean that massing can be very good take mass gauls, if u play VS a bad orc spellcaster player thay could do a pritty good damage but u will not win easy.
(the same counts for Humen SC)

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
caster massers are noobish. I laugh at people who mass air, or mass casters. seriously it is the most noobish thing in the world. especialy mass human casters. everyone thinks human casters are the best, but they have to be the worst casters in the game.

Diablo7

Member!
Reaction score
i dont think that massing is noobish at all, as long as ur allies are there to back u up. like if u ass meelee unit ur allies should try to get a ranged unit to back up ur meelee. today i played a game were i massed grunts, then i went for raiders, and my allies went air and anti air because i told them i was going meelee, since i did that they 'massed' other units to help back up my meelee. exept for one ally who got chims,hippos,and hunts. and that player was very very good, not saying that massing is bad but it is not always the best choice there is. to have a trully great army it must b of different units that varry, so u can take on wut ever cums ur way.

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
Well Massing when you have a plan for it is a good idea but some people just mass things without saying it. And you dont have enough support to help him if he's in need. If the plan one guy to mass something with AA and the other mass melee or something to that effect it might be good. Never tried it.

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
hahahah pan...i dunno how cgood human casters are but they certanly own the ud ones. and how many time haven't i saw mass necros with few statue massed up.

human casters are ok in combination with other units but i still think the orc ones are the best like they have always been.

although ne casters ( if u can call therm like that) are the best in the whole game...just try DOTC with DOTT and 2 heros of ur choice...just godly good. they are very versitile and they can transorfm them selves into combat (dotc claw) and anti air ..talon.
how good is this?.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by VBadGirl
hahahah pan...i dunno how cgood human casters are but they certanly own the ud ones. and how many time haven't i saw mass necros with few statue massed up.

human casters are ok in combination with other units but i still think the orc ones are the best like they have always been.

although ne casters ( if u can call therm like that) are the best in the whole game...just try DOTC with DOTT and 2 heros of ur choice...just godly good. they are very versitile and they can transorfm them selves into combat (dotc claw) and anti air ..talon.
how good is this?.
Undead casters are not meant to be massed, but they completely own the human one. what are they going to do? slow the undead to death? please AMs owns slow/poly and cripple is so much better then slow and if u want possess those bastards.

Well, in TFT they can even cast in their transformed state.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
UD casters are really nice. They are extremely versatile and with AMS, they can be unstoppable. Skelies are really nice too. Cripple helps so much in a battle, I think it is better than poly. However I hate slow....it is the most annoying spell ever thought up. Curse doesn't match up to it. Slow makes all your units attack slower...and that is a killer for the UD.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
But cripple also:Reduces movement speed by 75%, attack rate by 50%, and damage by 50% of target enemy unit

while slow only: Slows a target enemy unit's attack rate by 25% and movement speed by 60%.

yeah, cripple owns

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pan
But cripple also:Reduces movement speed by 75%, attack rate by 50%, and damage by 50% of target enemy unit

while slow only: Slows a target enemy unit's attack rate by 25% and movement speed by 60%.

yeah, cripple owns
Cripple costs more mana...that is why you cannot really compare them. Cripple costs 175 mana while slow only costs 40 mana and is autocast. Cripple is better in way of effects but once it is dispeled then you probably can't recast it again because it costs so much. Slow can be cast over and over for a long time.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
but slow is not that devastating. and if u can get a running hero with cripple all the better.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
If you don't have dispel it really owns you, bad. Because even if you want to retreat you can't because you are as slow as sh*t. Cripple works better on enemy heros though...you are right.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
but with slow, it is pretty much like bloodlust and fairy fire. it feeds the destroyers. man 3 destroyers drained a group of shamans and trolls casting bloodlust over, and voer and over....

Minnesota

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Massing can help you, and it can also be suicide. Generally massing turns out good. Usually massing casters and air is the way to go.

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
hahahaha pan...u lost ur touch my undead god :D...what it well pan..let me see..spell breakers will steal frenzy, cripple and add it to ur own units..priest will dispell ur skellies, sorc will slow u to death and polimorph u plus the breakers have feedback which will consume ur mana also..plus guess what they immune to magic..like a friend of mine likes to say...GG no RE.

I always knew hum ones are better than ud ones..plus if u add an am and a bm frying and blizzing ur slow arse...umm yes..u know it!.

zeroxuz

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Pan
caster massers are noobish. I laugh at people who mass air, or mass casters. seriously it is the most noobish thing in the world. especialy mass human casters. everyone thinks human casters are the best, but they have to be the worst casters in the game.
A big LOL @ you. Humens does not have the best SC. The Race that have the best SC is NE.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by VBadGirl
hahahaha pan...u lost ur touch my undead god :D...what it well pan..let me see..spell breakers will steal frenzy, cripple and add it to ur own units..priest will dispell ur skellies, sorc will slow u to death and polimorph u plus the breakers have feedback which will consume ur mana also..plus guess what they immune to magic..like a friend of mine likes to say...GG no RE.

I always knew hum ones are better than ud ones..plus if u add an am and a bm frying and blizzing ur slow arse...umm yes..u know it!.
if u add spellbreakers, i will add destroyers, and that would own you. think about it, im talking puire casters not casters and anticasters. and ams will protect against and slow and poly. what are humans going to do?

and I never said that humans have the best you moron, i said their casters ****ing suck and they do

ConfedMonkey

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by zeroxuz
A big LOL @ you. Humens does not have the best SC. The Race that have the best SC is NE.

.....thats what he said.....

quick question that i wanna put out here:

how many basic unit factories do you make?(barracks, ancient etc)