Does blizzard spend too much time working on patches?

Does blizzard spend too much time working on patches?

• Yes, they should put more effort into making new games.

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • No, their current games need more work; new games can wait.

Votes: 48 31.0%
  • They put the right amount of effort into both patching and creating new games.

Votes: 47 30.3%

• Total voters

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Originally posted by IceDevil9
Their current games need to be patched more. Has anyone noticed how unbalanced the RTing system is in Warcraft 3? Sometimes they put a lvl 9 solo vs a lvl 18 (Happened to me today, still won ^.^). They shouldn't base it so much on win percentage, moreso on the experience levels.

-Frank :cool:
Blizz's system keeps you from playing 50 useless games before you get to your regular level. before 1.15 people would go 40-0 without to much of a strugle, blizz is just trying to keep it so people will be able to play decent people earlyer on.

Darkzero190

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.unitedmarines.cjb.net
Blizz should just shut down all the games out there and start fresh wc3/sc:g/D2:lod etc.... thos games are pretty good but for how long can they last with all these new games out HL2/CS:S/Doom3/GTA:SA etc.... if they dont do nothing fast there going 2 be left in the dust with all the nubs playin there 1st game a sc......etc.. i can see them charging 1/mo just to play online for something.

Edit: sorry to drag out those other games BTW ......just wanted 2 prove my point.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
I personally would love if they would update the SC ladder system. Although I do enjoy warcraft, it gets a lot more attention than starcraft. Starcraft should have a much more interactive ladder system much like Warcraft 3. In starcraft... the ladder is barely used, and all people play is BGH. If blizz wanted to fix one game's online experience...it would be starcraft.

Fix it so that all of the maps actually get played and people can find games by hitting a button. I liked that functionality in Warcraft 3, and it should be implimented in all of the games I think.

I wouldn't say this unless Starcraft 2 was coming out soon, which it isn't, we all know that.

TheNamelessYam

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
they should stick to making new games, and also veer away from MMORPG's and whatnot. they should do what they do best: RTS games :p.

Nicholas The Slide

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
more effort into patches definately.. diablo ii needs better patches..they should put more work into it..it tkakes to long for there patches to come out.i mesn it took almost 2 years for 1.10 to be realesed and in another 2 years noone will probably be playing d2...so they sould work better and do more with patches in that secttion

ShaftedTwice

Reaction score
Yes, they should put more effort into making new games.

Reaction score
if they make more games than patches your gonna be spending a heck of a lot more mmoney on blizzard games(i know i would)

Biske

Reaction score
Eh, true, they do spend alot of time on patches, but they're only trying to make their existing games better, to keep up competition with new comers.

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Yeah blizzard is great for there patches a lot of places like patch twice and don't care blizzard keeps supporting there games. I personally think they suck at patching when it comes to warcraft but I like how they didn't stop at 1.03.

t3h-g0d

battle g0d
Reaction score
From New York City To Sweden and Sarajevo City!
Rofl,,,... New Patches Of Course Wtf you think? Why?
here's why cuz im addicted to d2 and there is no game that can UNNADDICT ME from it
LOL and i have made special moment for the Patch my d2 running now for 28 Days without shutting down im planing on duping my account when 1.11 comes out :D! whala!!! i got all items from 08.. every single one.. cept for the 08 ls ISO!! FOR IT!

this is not just a game its a spiritual AIR in the Air that makes you inhale it when you play so you start feeling the game for rea,l
Ohh yeah and i dressed my dad like my barb he looked so cool with that Carbor box ITH OMG!! its so cool!! u should try drugging your mother and dressing her
as a SORC with bugged items :D she would pwn
specially when she jumps out the window NOT SAYING AAAAAAA *ouch*

Far Daries Mai

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.ZDLR.net
Man They need some new games, my friend is obesed with d2, i dunno why, the story is lame, gamplay not too fun, and everyone is a complete ass on the realms. Oh, i strongly dislike what ive seen from there RPGS and WoW. STAY WIT THE RTS's but also balance and work on ur games, dont make them and leave them dead in the water with bugs and balance issues.