Does blizzard spend too much time working on patches?

Does blizzard spend too much time working on patches?

• Yes, they should put more effort into making new games.

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • No, their current games need more work; new games can wait.

Votes: 48 31.0%
  • They put the right amount of effort into both patching and creating new games.

Votes: 47 30.3%

• Total voters

Swooper

Respected Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Now that the portal is up and running again, we'll be bringing you weekly polls looking for your opinions about current events in the blizzard community or about changes to BattleForums. This weeks poll: Should Blizzard be putting more of their effort into creating new games or patching up old ones? Its a disputed topic, so make sure to take your time and cast your vote!

Additionally, the BattleForums administration will be conducting some tests on the server over the next few days that may strain that database and cause longer-than-normal load times. We don’t have any set schedule for these tests, so please bear with us. We will try our best to keep any server lag to a minimum.[/

SephirothX89

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yes, they should put more work into new games (Ex. WoW)

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Yes, they should put more effort into making new games(sc2).

IDefy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
1.10 took about 15 months to be released. They could'ved easily used that to concentrate that time on another game. They have so many projects they just leave unfinished it would seem embarassing.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I prefer them spending time on warcraft 3. one look at SCG, and WOW, And I know there is no hope beyond thier success at diablo II and starcraft.

Khull

Premium Member
Reaction score
No, their current games need more work; new games can wait.

New games would be great yea, but I think some of there already made ones could use a few more tweaks.

aphextwin

Reaction score
they should make it equal........ 1/2 patches 1/2 new game ideas........ even 1/4 patches 3/4 new game ideas....

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
They don't spend enough time on patches. The games that are out right now need to be balanced. Games that are being made don't have any patches yet and different people work on the two things. They need to spend more time on the patches. I'm sure they can make WoW and still have time to make GREAT patches.

OMGLOLWTFPWN

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
They need to spend more time on patches, warcraft III Frank and I AT'ed twice, our first two games together and we got matched against a level 22 team and a level 23 team... Make sure their current games are balanced and bugless before starting new ones. Having good previous games will draw customers towards the newer ones.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, diablo is still the best RPG, SC maybe is a little old game i think but they have success with warcraft. I think they need t work on what they currently have. Creating new games would just kill the interest to warcraft and the rest of the games.

IceDevil9

Reaction score
Website
www.rcthaven.com
Their current games need to be patched more. Has anyone noticed how unbalanced the RTing system is in Warcraft 3? Sometimes they put a lvl 9 solo vs a lvl 18 (Happened to me today, still won ^.^). They shouldn't base it so much on win percentage, moreso on the experience levels.

I don't play D2 or SC anymore, but I know that hacked items and dupes were sneaking onto D2 by the time I left.

-Frank :cool:

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pan
I prefer them spending time on warcraft 3. one look at SCG, and WOW, And I know there is no hope beyond thier success at diablo II and starcraft.
-_- Yet another silly and biased opinion by Pan.

If they spent all their time on WC, then they'd run out of business. But you make a small point, in that Blizzard screwed up WC3 so much that it isn't balanced and needs more patches.

Unlike the godly SC :)

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Renzokuken
-_- Yet another silly and biased opinion by Pan.

If they spent all their time on WC, then they'd run out of business. But you make a small point, in that Blizzard screwed up WC3 so much that it isn't balanced and needs more patches.

Unlike the godly SC :)
WC3 is not screwed up so much. it is jsut more advacned/complicated than SC. Warcraft would have been balanced like sc, if there were no heros, items, mercs, creeps, and 4 races. There is a higher degree of difficulty when it comes to warcraft, cause not only does blizzard want to balance all units to be viable in games, they need to make sure there are no advantages.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Let's not make this yet another Water Closet vs StarCraft discussion topic...

I'm all for new games.

Darkzero190

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.unitedmarines.cjb.net
Originally posted by SephirothX89
Yes, they should put more work into new games (Ex. WoW)

i agree with you Seph i played some of blizz's games and there ok not bad...but after a while you do get tired if u want to stay up on top of the business you need 2 stay fresh and new.