Does anyone...

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
PauseBreak said:
In a way, each character had a certain build. If you did not build it that way then forget about dueling or magic finding (PvM).
The 1.10 sorc is a great example of that. Although, the .09 sorc was build many many ways. Okay, I take that back. 1.10+ is cookiecutter. The older versions were much more lax in how characters could have been built.

And every great D2 player knows that anything 1.08+ is lame.

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Just because the old games were full of hacks and people who thought they "ran" the economy doesn't make it a good version. 1.09 was the best. It just was, 08 wasn't that good.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Negative my friend. .09 had the most amount of hacked/bugged items and the most imbalanaced builds, makeing it pretty much one of the worst versions

PauseBreak

Reaction score
Imbalanced? Extremely. I remember the sorc could have Orb, Hydra, and Nova all work very well for a cowing. The nec was only good for CE in cows (Cows was the only thing people did, and I was fun. I miss cowing :*( ) The pally was a good zealer with iths or shaeffers. The barb....WW. Zons, bow MS. And that's about it. Asn sucked, and so did druid. Asn had DS but other than that it didn't do too much.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Which is why 1.09 wasn't the best. You didn't have to do anything to get to 99 except cows.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Negative. Cows were mindless and boring.

PauseBreak

Reaction score
You don't enjoy life much do you? lol. So negative all the time. :(

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
I enjoy quite a bit of my life, however that doesn't change the fact that every oldschool D2 player knows that .09 was one of the worst things to happen to the game.

DeViouS Zerg

Member!
Reaction score
I want them to put the game out, I mean I don't come to these forums because I don't want to play the game. I just wish they would be done with the game already. the sad thing is, by the look of the newest screenshots, they still haven't put the needed polish on the game. SC:G release 2/17/07....if we're lucky.

PauseBreak

Reaction score
Okay, I wasn't going to respond. But seeing the new screenshots the game is very close to being finished. How can you say its not? Polished, its polished and polished over again. If you remember the 2002 screen shots then you would know what unpolished was. Even late 2003 the game was still in its infancy. The revamp, which gives the graphics of most newer games is beyond polished.

DeViouS Zerg

Member!
Reaction score
I've seen better looking games on the Xbox and Ps2. If that is done then.. wait I gotta wait and see how it looks in motion, but in my opinion, it should look a little bit better.

PauseBreak

Reaction score
If you are talking about the movies then yes, the quality isn't as good as seeing the game close up.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Most Movies are either CGI, or... basicly most are CGI. The game looks alright, but considering it took 5 years, it shuold be better.

PauseBreak

Reaction score
How much better can you get may I ask? The only techs that would be 'better' are xbox360 and PS3 which isn't out yet.

DeViouS Zerg

Member!
Reaction score
The game doesn't look that good, Pausebreak. Not for 3yrs & 5 months of work. Blizzard is still have lots of work to do, why else would the game not be out yet, with no clue of when a release date will be. Man This is just plain sad, Blizzard needs to get their act together, nobody wants to wait 4 yrs for a game.

L

Laharl

I agree with you, Zerg. That and I would need a new console just for it.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
DeViouS Zerg said:
The game doesn't look that good, Pausebreak. Not for 3yrs & 5 months of work. Blizzard is still have lots of work to do, why else would the game not be out yet, with no clue of when a release date will be. Man This is just plain sad, Blizzard needs to get their act together, nobody wants to wait 4 yrs for a game.
They made the mistake of releasing the info early. They've had to build 3 versions of the game, which is why it's taking them so long.

But still, chop chop blizzard, people getting impacient.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
People already have been =(