Does anyone want Blizzard to focus more on the RTS Warcraft games again?

dexterlablab1

Member!
Reaction score
Warcraft as a franchise has done great for Blizzard.

It's done even better when it became an MMO.

But with all the attention they give the MMO WOW, they leave their RTS roots behind more and more. It would be nice if they gave a little focus back to how the franchise started.

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
Warcraft III was one of the greatest games of all time. Not because of the stand alone game but because of some of the great maps and mods people made out of it. Angel Arena is one of the best gametypes I have ever seen and I wish I would see something like that made today.

dexterlablab1

Member!
Reaction score
Warcraft III was one of the greatest games of all time. Not because of the stand alone game but because of some of the great maps and mods people made out of it. Angel Arena is one of the best gametypes I have ever seen and I wish I would see something like that made today.
That's all the more reason Blizzard should at least considering delving back into the RTS part of Warcraft more. Even the modifications of Warcraft 2 were cool. Although, those tend to get messy.

Isabellas2007

Reaction score
I would love to see this come back again! I know that I would become seriously interested in the game again and have more faith in the company because they are producers of such great games, even if they are banning some users for supposed cheating.

Jessi

Member!
Reaction score
Eh. Don't get me wrong. I wouldn't be heartbroken if they went back to their roots some. I don't think it's the best business move, though. I'm afraid they'd just ruin whatever they end up working on, too. I know Diablo was a big hit with a lot of people, but it was also a huge failure to many of the same people who have spent years looking forward to it.

dexterlablab1

Member!
Reaction score
Eh. Don't get me wrong. I wouldn't be heartbroken if they went back to their roots some. I don't think it's the best business move, though. I'm afraid they'd just ruin whatever they end up working on, too. I know Diablo was a big hit with a lot of people, but it was also a huge failure to many of the same people who have spent years looking forward to it.
I guess you have a point. And using Diablo is exactly right.

For all the years of waiting, Diablo 3 has got to be one of the shortest games I've ever played. Not to mention the RMAH isn't any where near the smash hit we all thought it would be. If Diablo didn't have the iconic franchise name going for it, it would have tanked hard.

Imoverthere

Member!
Reaction score
Sometimes I think they should, but things definitely have changed and at this point I think it's simply best to let it be. Lorewise, there's really no real way I can see them tie it together unless they change some things since WoW. However, if they managed to do that and well, I would love seeing new factions, units, heroes, and such.

Jessi

Member!
Reaction score
For all the years of waiting, Diablo 3 has got to be one of the shortest games I've ever played. Not to mention the RMAH isn't any where near the smash hit we all thought it would be. If Diablo didn't have the iconic franchise name going for it, it would have tanked hard.
Yep, pretty much. And in all honesty, a lot of people are already completely done with it. They're already burnt out, so it doesn't even have long term appeal. They messed the RMAH up so much, too, that those who would've stuck around even longer, are starting to lose interest. Obviously not everyone will leave, or even half the people, but it sucks that they didn't do something to try to retain more overall.

dexterlablab1

Member!
Reaction score
Yep, pretty much. And in all honesty, a lot of people are already completely done with it. They're already burnt out, so it doesn't even have long term appeal. They messed the RMAH up so much, too, that those who would've stuck around even longer, are starting to lose interest. Obviously not everyone will leave, or even half the people, but it sucks that they didn't do something to try to retain more overall.

They probably felt that because they get away with stuff with Call of Duty and World of Warcraft, the same could be done with Diablo 3.

Libralesso

Member!
Reaction score
I miss the RTS Warcraft it was one of my favourite games. Also I feel the storyline was more complex and better as an RTS, and I loved the Warcraft storyline from 1-3.

CyanSleepy

Reaction score
I like what they're doing right now. I would leave the RTS to Starcraft II, because they are doing one hell of a job there.

Libralesso

Member!
Reaction score
I like what they're doing right now. I would leave the RTS to Starcraft II, because they are doing one hell of a job there.
Ye but especially after Warcraft 3, the Warcraft RTS and Starcraft RTS are completely different styles. I actually prefer the Warcraft RTS over Starcraft. Which sometimes makes me wish they made WoS and kept Warcraft to an RTS.

micromachne

Member!
Reaction score
They should have done this long ago. But with the current state (of quality) that Activision Blizzard is in, I wouldn't want them to bother.

Libralesso

Member!
Reaction score
Ye I would agree, as much as I have played blizzards recent games I do much prefer the old blizzard more; especially for storyline purposes.

CyanSleepy

Reaction score
Ye but especially after Warcraft 3, the Warcraft RTS and Starcraft RTS are completely different styles. I actually prefer the Warcraft RTS over Starcraft. Which sometimes makes me wish they made WoS and kept Warcraft to an RTS.
Ah, I see your point. World of Starcraft? I'm not too sure about that. For example, a marine seems to be just a pawn, someone unimportant. I wouldn't be able to imagine a customized marine. What would the classes be like? And there are three races, too, which would over complicate things in my opinion.

dreyz

Reaction score
I think they are much focused on online games now instead of releasing single player ones. The "under development" tab on their website practically says it all.

I hope the StarCraft 2 saga wouldn't be the last of Blizzard's single-player mix multi-player games.

micromachne

Member!
Reaction score
I think they are much focused on online games now instead of releasing single player ones. The "under development" tab on their website practically says it all.

I hope the StarCraft 2 saga wouldn't be the last of Blizzard's single-player mix multi-player games.
If anything, they'll treat any single player games the way they do D3 now and find some way to monetize them.

Libralesso

Member!
Reaction score
Ah, I see your point. World of Starcraft? I'm not too sure about that. For example, a marine seems to be just a pawn, someone unimportant. I wouldn't be able to imagine a customized marine. What would the classes be like? And there are three races, too, which would over complicate things in my opinion.
Lol perhaps we should create another topic for this off topic post. But marine could be a class. My guess would be you have to pick your race and then you class like Protos than zealot. Because I can't see mixing race and class like a protos infester lol.

my main point though was that I like warcraft rts over starcraft and I wish it was the other way around so they still make warcraft RTS's.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Warcraft III is still the best blizzard game ever made. Overall, it's true. It was the last "old blizzard" game, before they started to suck.

I'd like a Warcraft IV made by the not-crazy people. I'd rather have a new universe though. WOW torpedoed the lore completely, so now it is a cluster **** mess.

Libralesso

Member!
Reaction score
Warcraft III is still the best blizzard game ever made. Overall, it's true. It was the last "old blizzard" game, before they started to suck.

I'd like a Warcraft IV made by the not-crazy people. I'd rather have a new universe though. WOW torpedoed the lore completely, so now it is a cluster **** mess.
Even though I played WoW for a really long time, that is one of the reasons I hate it. I loved the story of Warcraft III and WoW screwed it up and made it so childish IMO. I would also like to see a Warcraft IV if it will be of the same gameplay and story quality of Warcraft III.