Do you think we can SCV rush in this game?

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
As the title says, do you think it will be possible to pull off a successful SCV rush in the new starcraft game?

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
i think so. maybe a tad harder

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Who knows. I mean, its all guesses now. It also depends on the map. All strats depends on the map, plus a lot of other factors.

For an extra comment on the SCV:

Notice the artwork. No longer is it a Private who just enlisted for college money doing the work. But rather, it looks like the SCV is contracted out.
All these little details are what make SC a great thing. Although I will be in Iraq (most likely) when SC2 is released, I will at least be able to play SP.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
You probably could, then build Thors within thier base when you get the technology fast enough. Then again, you would need to build a barracks fast and setup bunkers.

Max

Member!
Reaction score
It's too hard to say at this point. I'm going to have to agree with Bret, there are too many factors we just don't know about.

Zmoney

Reaction score
SCV rush is weak.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
That video somebody posted had a pretty badass SCV rush. Really, it was played off pretty GG.

As for in THIS game, I think it could end up pretty badass...considering CC's can liftoff, fly, and land faster, and carry like 5 SCVs at once. In a close-proximity map, you could be one someone faster than white on rice.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Yeah but once you land, you need a resource node to continue to produce within the guy's base or it won't work.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Damn U Vadriel For Being So Smart :)

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Ok, then he has basic infantry or fighters to kee-haul your SCVs, so what then - cheater?

PauseBreak

Reaction score
You must consider some things now to then (when the game is released)

Now, look at the Lurker drop/DT rush. If preformed correctly, it can happen very fast; under 5 minutes. But this is after the player knows building counts, resources needed, etc etc.

For later, when the game is released, regarding a worker rush we just do not have the information at hand.
How many workers will be in the beginning of the game?
How much does it cost to build a worker?
How much time does it take to create a worker?
Can the workers heal themselves? How so?
How fast does the unit move? Attack? Repair? (self or assisted)

We know these things now, but with the information we have on SC2, who knows. You might even start out with a few military units. Who knows. This would make for completely different strategies. Who knows. There may be a timer for when attacks can take place? There may be an option for it, who knows. Its too early, but its great fun to speculate on these strategies.

Zmoney

Reaction score
You must consider some things now to then (when the game is released)

Now, look at the Lurker drop/DT rush. If preformed correctly, it can happen very fast; under 5 minutes. But this is after the player knows building counts, resources needed, etc etc.

For later, when the game is released, regarding a worker rush we just do not have the information at hand.
How many workers will be in the beginning of the game?
How much does it cost to build a worker?
How much time does it take to create a worker?
Can the workers heal themselves? How so?
How fast does the unit move? Attack? Repair? (self or assisted)

We know these things now, but with the information we have on SC2, who knows. You might even start out with a few military units. Who knows. This would make for completely different strategies. Who knows. There may be a timer for when attacks can take place? There may be an option for it, who knows. Its too early, but its great fun to speculate on these strategies.

Of course you just copied that out of a internet article.... You yourself could never pull anything off.

PauseBreak

Reaction score
lol. I didn't pull that **** from anything Zee. You know I'm smart-er when I put my reading glasses on. :p

Zmoney

Reaction score
YOU SUCKED AT STARCRAFT! YOU WEREN'T EVEN GOOD MAN!

I hate how your like the forum bull **** artist. Like you read the game guide and your the man now or something.... you just state obvious things.

PauseBreak

Reaction score
YOU SUCKED AT STARCRAFT! YOU WEREN'T EVEN GOOD MAN!

I hate how your like the forum bull **** artist. Like you read the game guide and your the man now or something.... you just state obvious things.
You haven't even played me? I didn't think so.:nooob

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
I loved nukes in the original games...nothing like hearing NUKE DEPLOYED!!! and then having to scramble to find it in your base lol.