Do you deserve a free WoW account?

DirtyDog

Reaction score
Well it seems that if you are an addiction therapist you might be in luck!

Medical staff are creating their own ‘avatars’ in online fantasy games such as World of Warcraft in the hope of treating youngsters addicted to virtual worlds.
Dr Richard Graham, a consultant psychiatrist at the Tavistock Centre in London has called on Blizzard Entertainment to waive or discount the costs associated with joining WoW so that therapists can more easily communicate with at-risk players in their preferred environment.

Full story here.

Do you deserve a free WoW account? ;)

Kheyre

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
You know, in the end they might end up addicted themselves which would be ironic.

Sept

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
WoW is drug leave it my frend is playing wow 24/7

SugarChick

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
That's such bull, there is no way in hell that Blizz is going to give them free accounts. Game developers make games specifically to be addicting, except they don't actually say that...they say they're providing 'hundreds of hours of gameplay'. For them to pay for accounts that might actually "unaddict" the WoW addicts(which would never happen) would cut into their bottom line. They're not going to pay people to cut into their profits.

Apparently whoever this joe-schmo is has never been a hardcore gamer to understand the mental aspects behind it. Study books all you want, until you have actually been addicted to a game you have no idea how to truly combat it. Becoming a "peer mentor" defeats the purpose...it's like never taking a drink and then telling an alcoholic that drinking is bad, you look like a hypocrite. If you really want to "relate" you need people who have overcome their addiction and can work with people outside the game to regain their lives, not in it.

That being said, I have fallen back into the addiction so I shouldn't really comment on the situation lol.

derektrainwreck

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
my mom pays for my WOW coz i am too addicted and cant go out in the real world and get a job