Do people not see the benefit of joining a clan???

Hamtaro

Official Forum Hamster
Reaction score
I dont duel, nor do my friends.

L

Laharl

Dueling isn't fun anymore. If you beat somebody they whine about how they lost even though they had "1337 gear". Pity they don't know how to use them.

I asked a smiter who claimed to be "skilled" (LOL) at d2 why smiters use grief. He said "speed". Obviously he just copied off somebody else.

CCCP

Member!
Reaction score
yeah but before u duel someone, or anyone for that matter block it so you cant hear them and they cant hear you, this helps get rid of the stupid text and you dont have to listen to their stupid whining then when u decide its over and either u got beat or they did, then you unsquelch and unhostile. I hate whiners too...

D

DBR_Goober

most peeps are too immature to stay in a clan and help it function

L

Laharl

I have never seen a "decent" clan. All of them were whiny brats who ganged up on people. Count me out of that.

Dream_Walker

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
dremis said:
What bad with them? Well, probably nothing, It's that damn friends list that's the problem. With all those messages scrolling across my screen I can't see the monsters and die.
that is my biggest beef with d2.

CCCP

Member!
Reaction score
some clans are full of gay people yes, but some of them actually have a meaning, maybe its because people on diablo 2 are gay and think there godly when they suck ass. just maybe or maybe they too scared to 1v1 anyone but mfing clans and trading clans can be good as long as everyone realizes its just a game and doesnt get greedy

4ero

Member!
Reaction score
Clans are for geeks and they all suck i dont want a crappy DMG- in front of my name why do i have to make a new acc for a gay clan

Reaction score
Website
www.Darkchivalry.com
All clans are made for is scamming. And people who think they're cool cuz they get to pretend to be gangsters......which are the ones being scammed...i should know, i've scammed many a'fool in my day. Call me an ass......but i was 9, so wtf ever

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
That is you then, but this does not mean everyone in a clan is like that. I have never scammed anyone, because I find that true friends on bnet are far and few, so I like to keep them. I don't duel for the sake of laughing at those who have less skill or lesser gear. For god sakes, every time the ladder resets I give all my gear away free,I even made a thread in the market. I enjoy helping people, and so does the rest of the people in the clan I am in. Every person in the clan has a strength and a weakness. We as a whole, make up a really good team, weather its lvling, mfing, builds, trading, dueling, doing runs, ect.
We are not about scams, dueling pks, showing off, ect. Just about having fun, and helping anyone who wants it.

4ero

Member!
Reaction score
no body is good hearted like you anymore on bnet its all about "LOL NOOB GREIF IS WORTH 15 HI NOT 13 AND AN IST RUNE ROFL NOOB LOL" theres no more giving they all think theyre sooooo good playing diablo
SWORN ENEMY, if the world was more like u there would be no need for heaven, because there mcdonalds hamburgers are only 49 cents on mondays

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
4ero said:
no body is good hearted like you anymore on bnet its all about "LOL NOOB GREIF IS WORTH 15 HI NOT 13 AND AN IST RUNE ROFL NOOB LOL" theres no more giving they all think theyre sooooo good playing diablo
SWORN ENEMY, if the world was more like u there would be no need for heaven, because there mcdonalds hamburgers are only 49 cents on mondays

Wow man share the bud please.

BTW was that a flame or are you being nice cant tell?

Nedr(a)h

Member!
Reaction score
I would like to say that i have never been in a large clan or a clan that takes stuff really serious. But a close real life friend of mine and I thought it would be funny to make our own clan. It is made up of mostly close friends we have played with for awhile but we have taken on a few trustwrthy new members. There is no requirement or trust drop crap required to be in, that to me is a scam waiting to happen. We also thought it would be funny to not make so stupid 3 letter clan, so we call ourselves IFistedUr-( w/e you want here) To me its just friends who help each other out and we all kind of look uniform so we get a bit of recognition. I do agree with some of the stuff said here about clans being a hassle and sometimes stupid but to me its just good fun. And its nice to see ur friends with the same name. We arent all godly actually we are all just decent to good players. And we duel sumtimes but other than that we keep it real and thats all a clan should be i think.

jmcn R

Member!
Reaction score
hmmm.....not responding to too much in this thread as the clan vs nonclan battle has honest pros and cons.

i agree with what somebody said about joining a non d2 oriented clan, that way for many a reason you stand a better chance at forming a stronger community.

one thing i also think is that the bnet community is so rotten these days that forming a genuine strong network is going to be pretty damn hard..if not..impossible. i wouldnt want to spend too much time associating myself with most of the characters i see these days.

in the end the latter is just my personal stance. to date i have seen a handful of decent d2 clans that really were clans. never joined them but i associated in some way. they all left the game as a group though.....

in the end a clan is only as good (or bad) as its members. so calling the general idea of one good or bad cannot be correct either way.

***edit*** for the record i used to play with up to a dozen persons which i had some familiarity with in the real world (ie away from your keyboards and your alter ego E-personalities) so i know the value of a group...as it is ultimately one of the more crucial factors to games like these...with that said i have to double up what sworn enemy said....and just say that having good friends (may be few and far between) is priceless....

trust me,...i am soloing now as i have since i restarted. its challenging and fun....but very rough.