Do people not see the benefit of joining a clan???

CCCP

Member!
Reaction score
Ok, i havent been on the forums very long, but i see that there are almost no posts in the clan section. Is this because people dont want to join clans, or because the clans admission requirements are too strict. In my opinion a clan is a good thing, because someone can get your back in a duel even if you have never seen them before, they will fight with you. A clan can also be your way to riches, as you progress up the ranking ladder. So why is it that people insist on not being a clan member? Any remarks?

Mr.Sloth

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well some people think that a clan kind of takes away the individuality of there character which i think is ridiculous. secondly a lot of people think its just a big hassle ( i do).. like having to xfer for all ur clan members etc.etc.etc.

and should this belong in d1-d2 discussion not strategies and tactics?

Mongyu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Myspace.Com
Clans are stupid..

A) They req. you to have some 3 letter words to represent your Clan.. ( In the end the Clan dies out anyways, and people will ask what does this and that mean, you go "Oh its a dead Clan!")

B) Clan just show how badly you suck.. Depending to gang up on people.. If they gang up on you, just leave..

C) People get ****ed over in clans

Nothing to gain from Clans.. For a rush all you need is a good friend.. :hxc

FWI

Member!
Reaction score
I've been in three clans... two of which I started. Another interesting thing is although I've whored through three clans, more than 90% of my time on d2 was clanless.

Clans were ok through .09 when remaking a character was as easy as making a microwavable pizza dinner. Nowadays the good people usually spend a lot of time making their characters, and don't feel like remaking just to slap a tag on the character which takes away their individuality.

Having a strong link of friends gives you the same benefits, without clan politics and people who are only there to betray the rest of the clan.

CCCP

Member!
Reaction score
I think that clans allow you to enhance the diablo 2 community, because there are clans that are still alive and have been alive throught all 5 years of diablo. I too have started a clan, however it died out and i got all my friends items like 3 accts full of gg gear, some clans also give free items just for signing up, and that is a big bonus for people who sign up and are new, there are gay clans who pick on individuals in duels and those are the ones that really suck ass. In genereal however, i like the idea of clans because diablo 2 never supported guilds of any kind and it gives players a chance to get together and gives the game a certain sense of organization that is hard to find elsewhere.

zackdizzle

Member!
Reaction score
Agree with everything CCCP has said. Clans can never be a bad thing. I haven't really had a clan since 1.10, but now with the come of 1.11 and my slow enhancement to GG, i've decided to make a clan. If you dont join clans because you dont like the hassle of waiting 5 mins in a game and doing a meph run or w/e while a friend xfers then shame on you. Quit d2 because your too lazy to go anywhere. Sure, clans die out, but if you find a clan with a roster list, and not necessarily a forced clan tag, then you still have that same individuality but a clan to fall back on. Where-as a normal player wouldn't have the luxury of "/f m clan come in here, gg team duels" and have anywher from 3-4 people join. Clans are good for everything, whats wrong with them?

dremis

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
What bad with them? Well, probably nothing, It's that damn friends list that's the problem. With all those messages scrolling across my screen I can't see the monsters and die.

Darth-Laoshi

Member!
Reaction score
Unfortunately, a big part of this game throughtout it's history has been avoiding pk'ers, hackers, and scammers. It has gotten to the point where you can't trust anyone unless you actually know the guy sittin' behind the computer. Aside from learning how to kill and how to survive in the game itself, players must learn how to trade securely, how to exit games when hostiled, etc. Indeed, a few rotten apples have spoiled the barrel (or somethin' like that)... and I will never join a clan.

Those familiar with this site have surely seen posts from a member, FlamingIce. I'll admit that there are times when I don't know what the heck this cat is talkin' about, but nevertheless he/she comes correct with screenshots and everything to give perfect examples of the kinds of fools out there desperate to scam you. Search FlamingIce's posts for plenty of reasons not to join a clan. The worst seems to be those "clan initiations" where you have to give quality items, drop all your items on the floor, or any other ridiculous thing.

The fact that I play hardcore only also makes me take less risks and makes me more skeptical of who to trust. I have friends from college that play anyway, so I don't need a clan for transferring, rushing, etc.

Aqua-THF

Member!
Reaction score
Clans are pretty dumb, it is better to just have a Friend List full of trusted friends.

L

Laharl

It's easy to avoid pk. If somebody hostiles, unhostile them dash to tristram and sit there. Laugh if they try to get in.

Note: The cow level (at higher levels) works just as well. If not better.

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
I've been in the same clan for over a year and a half. My clan is not a d2-only clan, which is nice for people that play more than 1 game. We play all blizz games, gb, wow, cs, rose, etc. When I did play diablo2, in my clan it was easy to find a rush, leveling team, etc.

Clans help provide several friends that are just as good as you. They can rush, create chars at the same time so you can power level together, and help you xfer. I just ignore the nooby people that would ask for help though.

Some of the d2-only clans, that you have to provide free items to the clan mules and shit are stupid though. Also, in my clan, you don't have to create a new account if you already have a good account made. You also don't have to remake your chars with a clan tag (my clan=K9, so you can't anyways...) so it works out good, especially if you have a godly account already made.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
omg im in a clan guys lol 1337

CCCP

Member!
Reaction score
my clan worked because i managed to keep most of the people in the clan as friends, i could go to any game and name every single one of the 25 something members by their real name. In other words it was pretty close knit. That helped the infrastructure of the whole thing because we were less likely to break up for no reason, we did eventyally after 2 and a half years and i would like to say that we were very effective at being a clan

Giallorossi

Reaction score
Aqua-THF said:
Clans are pretty dumb, it is better to just have a Friend List full of trusted friends.
Wo_Ot! I totally agree with ya!!! :shoot :hxc

[Koolaid]

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
COTA-GoD said:
clans HERE suck ass. I dont want to be stuck helping a bunch of bf noobs.
*tear * You took the words right out of my mouth

Trojan

Respected Member
Reaction score
Usually clans are long term scams. I lost a lot of stuff to clans in the old days.

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
I have been in the same clan since 1.09. We do not require anything, but to be friendly and helpful to the rest of us. Yes it is like a group of friends who play, but only plus to ours is their is a mule account set up for everone to look threw, if they need items. Yes this can be done without a clan, but how many of you can truely trust someone else with your account pass. This eliminates that. I find it helpful, since their are many better at trading and mfing than I,and their are of course some lesser in mfing and trading talents. As for xfering we normally leave that to the bottom of the totem pole to do it.

To each their own I guess.