Different Idea for D3

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Hows this sound:

Instead of the normal look that diablo has had (d1/xp, d2/xp)
give it a whole new look.

i say since the worldstone was destroyed in the end of d2 lod, this means the world could change in devistating ways.

say things begin to mutate, humans dont look human anymore. Barbarians become powerful beasts, sorces become creatures of the sky, paladins gain the highest honor, becoming soemthing like tyreal, and necros become what they control, the undead.

this is just an idea. think of the possiblilites. different looks for bodies, armors could have a totaly different idea. maybe instead of "armor" you have "body parts" where you adjust the way your creatures body is formed. instead of a breast plate you have pecs ya know?

this is just a crude idea, ne imput is welcome

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
So basically just change the way they look?

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
lol ya pretty much. but it could change storylines. maybe the prime evils themselves get changed, mutate n whatnot, maybe diablo gets morphed. or hell, god himself might change

or possbily go with this:

since barbarians mutate into muscular freaks: give them a limit on what they can do, have them able to wear the toughest suits (like the character-specific items in LoD) but maybe theyve become slow movers thanks to there size.

Note: one thing i think d3 should have is a vary in the characters speed, depending on wut class you are, i dont think its fair to have a muscular bald man run as fast as a skinny man in armor

Hellishcompany

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I like that idea of how things would change in d3 since the worldstone destroyed like maybe this....

Everybody is gone the world is completely different every person has changed into horribly mutated creatures but some are still good....

Through each act you have to collect pieces of the worldstone so you can hopefully restore it....

Then maybe each boss's of the act are characters from D2 but horribly corrupted...And as you beat them they give you some corny speech and turn back to there normal selves And give you a piece of the worlstone to restore

iknad

Member!
Reaction score
why change the look? why put any work into it at all? its gona suck. it might be fun fo a few days then people will hack it
cmon how many of you have fun playing d2?
its the same old things for hours =/

drax

Member!
Reaction score
Meh, I think it sounds kind of weird.

But it's good that people are giving more thought to it.

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
the idea is good, but i still like the whole way that diablo 2 looks and id like to see D3 look similar to how D2 looks, only with better graphics