Diabloiii Is Coming Now! Proof Inside!

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
The teaser splash page has been updated around 12:10am -- it is going the route I had said in one of the forum threads. Each day it seems the ice will crack further and further until the WWI announcement day where the ice will be broken to reveal the new game.

http://www.blizzplanet.com/content/diablo3/wwi-2008-teaser/day2-ice2.jpg

A new symbol appeared on the upper-right side of the ice fissure. This ice image might not mean anything yet except being just a teaser: that a new game announcement will be made.

At this point, it could be a Diablo game (most likely due to Diablo II Anniversary being the same date as WWI closure), Starcraft: Ghost or Warcraft IV. All these games have been hinted a lot by Rob Pardo, Paul Sams and Itzik Ben Bassat in the past year.

http://www.blizzplanet.com/content/diablo3/wwi-2008-teaser/rune2.jpg

xusnlivin reports one of the runes shown in today's image resembles the Hel Rune from Diablo II.

http://www.blizzplanet.com/content/diablo3/wwi-2008-teaser/hel-rune-big.jpg

forsinain points out a pattern on the master.CSS file for today. Yesterday the name was Tundra. Today the name is Cavern. His pattern points toward one of the Diablo Acts' locations:
Glacial Trail -> Frozen Tundra (.tundra in CSS)
Glacial Trail -> Drifter Cavern (.cavern in CSS)

The speculation was true: D (04.jpg - fourth letter of the alphabet) and today's image O (15.jpg - 15th letter of the alphabet). At this rate the image numbers will reveal DIABLO. Tomorrow's image might be named as any of these file names ... 01.jpg (standing for the first letter of the alphabet: A), 02.jpg (standing for B), 12 (standing for the twelve letter of the alphabet: L) or 09.jpg (standing for the nineth letter of the alphabet: I).

Today's Tundra image merged with yesterday's shows this, and it looks a lot like a evil-smiley penguin to me:
http://www.blizzplanet.com/content/diablo3/wwi-2008-teaser/day2-image.jpg

Update: 12:55pm EST - The WWI Europe website revealed the WWI Shop showing the following image:
http://www.blizzplanet.com/content/diablo3/wwi-2008-teaser/wwi08_016b.jpg

=================

GOOD GAME?!

edit: Source: Diablofans.com

munchyman

Eat your vegetables!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I hope for the sake of my career that you are wrong..

but I don't think you are....the evidence is really quite compelling.

GOGOGOGOGOGGOGOGOO D3

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
lol@ protoss insignia
one is frostmourne rune
two is the protoss symbol
three is one of the symbols on a rune in D2

The "DIABLO" letters has been broken:
/*.icy {background:url(_images/23.jpg) no-repeat 0 0} */
23 equals to W

also this
World of Blizzard

Defeat the Elemental Devil of Ice with demonic holy space paladins.

k same time as tomorw guys

edit: first rune changed lol
edit2: nvm its just ice

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
wow dragnskull u didnt even put in the source of where u directly copied all of that from diablofans?

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
wow dragnskull u didnt even put in the source of where u directly copied all of that from diablofans?
ya its from diablofans, been working with a few people to make my own list but its filled iwth scattered ideas, im in disarray from all this

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
well maybe u should of put that in ur posts and the new image has the number 23 witch is W so it rules out the spelling of Diablo and now the protoss symbol is showing in the picture

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
images are also getting bigger and less detailed at certain parts. so far they are doing the same thing as last year Just a little more obscure to the general audience.

Who knows what it could be. Most likely something being announced @ the convention rather then something appearing through the ice

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Diabloii.net has an announcement saying they have inside sources that have confirmed DiabloIII will be announced

i take that with a grain of salt, but in the years ive played diablo, i dont think diabloii.net has -every- been willing to say "We can confirm _____", its always been "We were told ____, but we wont know for sure until it happens"

munchyman

Eat your vegetables!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Pray for it not to be an MMO...

The last thing Blizzard needs is to make yet another one of their most popular franchises pay-to-play.

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
god damnit drqngskull just edit ur post to show the sources plz

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Pray for it not to be an MMO...

The last thing Blizzard needs is to make yet another one of their most popular franchises pay-to-play.
i wouldnt be shocked if it was, thats the going trend, but in turn it allows for more support from the company

munchyman

Eat your vegetables!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I'm fearful that it may be, but I fail to see the allure. A darker, more sinister version of WoW might indeed appeal to stragglers not warming up to the cartoony World of Warcraft, but releasing a whole different game in that style would not help the sales of the upcoming wow expansion, i should think.

And if the teasing turns out to be for WoW-Wrath, I'm going to have to choke a *****.

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I'm fearful that it may be, but I fail to see the allure. A darker, more sinister version of WoW might indeed appeal to stragglers not warming up to the cartoony World of Warcraft, but releasing a whole different game in that style would not help the sales of the upcoming wow expansion, i should think.

And if the teasing turns out to be for WoW-Wrath, I'm going to have to choke a *****.
wont happen, blizzards teasers and lead-ups are always for announcing a new game, not announcing something for something that was already announced.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
lawl /v/ is fun @ night

munchyman

Eat your vegetables!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
haha very funny wing....

although you certainly have made our fanboy balls drop.