Diablocraft: Do-able or no?

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
You think they could make an RTS outta the Diablo universe? Think about it, they got all the different races

Amazonians, Vizjeri mages, "Humans", Knights of Zakrum, ...what's the other ones, I can't think of them...

But anyway, do you think it's feesable?

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Yeah, it's useable but I personally wouldn't like to see them change Diablo II's RPG elements, it's makes the game so fun.

FuLouZero

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
It really wouldnt work. There would be 2 races. Light and Dark.
And if you did have all those races it would be gay It would be nothing like diablo.

But... Oh God a World of Diablo game would be THE SWEETEST thing ever. I'd love to see that :)

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Fu_Lou, they have a bunch of races already, who said all barbarians and amazons get along? ;)

LordOfMars

Member!
Reaction score
Fu_Lou: Yeah, a MMORPG of Diablo would kick ass. Imagine the gameplay of Diablo II, crossed with the huge world of Ultima Online, and the 3D graphics of Dungeon Siege and/or WarCraft III. It would be gamer heaven.

But, I see the point about an RTS. It would certainly shake things up a bit if they made an RTS in the Diablo universe, and a single player diablo style RPG in the WarCraft universe. Meaning, swap game types between their two fantasy universes.

It's certainly sad that Blizzard is pushing their WarCraft universe pretty much exclusively. They come out with WarCraft III, plus an expansion, and now World of WarCraft... all while neglecting the Diablo franchise and the world of Sanctuary. You'd have thought they would have made WarCraft III and then made a MMORPG out of Diablo... it was the Diablo Series' turn, after all.

Meh... we've yet to see StarCraft II yet also, so whatever.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
It could work. But, that's a lot of races for a RTS platform. Maybe scim it down a few to categories or something. Something such as....

Humans (Classes and npc's, some of them)

Heavenly Forces (Angels, spirits, Paladins, Arch Angels, etc.)

Demonic Forces (Doom Angels, Doom Knights, Chaos warlords, Oblivion Knights, Prime Evils, Etc.

A forth race....lol.

Just a thought.

simpleforce

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
how bout a sucky turn based rpg lol, lets make fun of this idea