Diablo2 closed accts

clubbey

Reaction score
hi got onto diablo today clicked on acct and got following message
"Your account has been closed (8)
Any idea whether this is an official diablo closure or has someone hacked my accounts?

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
Yeah supposedly there was another mass banning, about damn time. About the same amount of accounts as the last one- 3 or so years ago. This one was across d/sc/wc though, I guess warden is back in full force.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I know. One of the guys me and Theroy ATed against actually got banned and his account wiped clean for Maphacking.

We had proof in a replay where he actually clicked on our structures when he had no sight to our buildings.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Heh, that is a lot.

It is pretty sad when people have to hack, just to play a game.

I mean, the only useful "hack", is Diablo II's maphack. The ones for the strategy games aren't fair.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
Ya know, back when i used to play d2, one of the only ways I could play was with MH. I mean, sure, when I first started out I didn't hack, but after about a year of doing the same shit over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, night after night after night after night after night after night after night after night after night.

What was I talking about? Fuck it, at least they're still "looking out" for their oldass games. Most companies don't give a shit about non-mmo games 2 or 3 years after release, but they're STILL watching D2 and SC.

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
Ya know, back when i used to play d2, one of the only ways I could play was with MH. I mean, sure, when I first started out I didn't hack, but after about a year of doing the same shit over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, night after night after night after night after night after night after night after night after night.

What was I talking about? Fuck it, at least they're still "looking out" for their oldass games. Most companies don't give a shit about non-mmo games 2 or 3 years after release, but they're STILL watching D2 and SC.
I think they're setting a message that they're still able to control some shit, for when SC2/D3 come out.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Well, that is why people still play SC/D2. Hell, there are people who play D1/Wc2: They are all waiting for D3/Sc2.

Personally though, I only see Maphack "fair" when you play an RPG like D2. It is like a tool to help you reach the bosses without having to spend 20 minutes circling around a dungeon.

In an RTS though, it isn't. Cause you are playing against people, and it gives you an unfair advantage - especially when ladder games are involved. But I have still beaten people who use MH.

That is actually why I don't allow hack discussions except for CD Key Extractions in the Wc3 discussion.

TopGun

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
hi got onto diablo today clicked on acct and got following message
"Your account has been closed (8)
Any idea whether this is an official diablo closure or has someone hacked my accounts?
You hack/mod and thats what happens.

Put nicely, play legit or quit.