Diablo or Starcraft DS

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
ReiGn said:
SC without hotkeys would be kinda hard....but D2 works well on DS.

Not so ;) You can create a "hotkey" system using the touch-screen technology of the DS. I wouldn't want to look into that myself >_> however.

>_<; Pwease... BAM are my initials. I'd prefer not to see "Bam" as it reminds me of Bam Bam. "the" is a modifier. "DOC" is, well, short for Doctor...so I guess that could be "DoC"...

In anycase... Yeah :p RPG idea sounds good.

Urza208

Member!
Reaction score
o soo... bam... wouldnt it be sweet thoguh...

imagine.

online... just screw the ds idea for a sec.

online, connected with gamers all over. rts... the rts WAY!

you and tyour friends each make a char... liek in diablo style rpg type. where you choose your path. wraith pilot, or ghost, or marine.. or wathever.. choose a race too. mmm hydra fps (ahhh yea)

but ne ways.

you all join on a team.. according to your race, and you join with friends, and fight. omfg thatd be hot!

id def. be... a drop ship pilot.. and like.. pimp out rides for people....

think of the possibilites. and you have to work togther on runs n shit, to get money to upgrade ur stuff. if you accomplish a task your team gets money to upgrade your vechile or wepaon if your infantry.. omg.. then fight whenveert you see fit... omfg it would rock so bad.

then after each game.. your stats dont reste.. your upgrades do.. start back wiht normal weapons and shit.. so you can battle again.. thatd be soo awsome. rpg/rts/fps!!!!

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
>_> Get off the caffeine or crack man :p

RTS are, and it's not unusual to combine the RTS and RPG genres. In fact, it has been done with, at least, moderate success. The problem with the particular idea of "losing" weapons/upgrades is that you'd have some disappointed fans. Part of strategy would be to have your upgrades, weapons, and vehicle (not plural ;) ) remain. In otherwords, "lose" or "cap" resources.

I haven't thought too much on the combined stylization or anything, yet.

Urza208

Member!
Reaction score
yea.. but you know itd be sweet. having a fps type look. with rpg elements. and theres still the rts in there... ooooooo yea baby

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
There was a game like that. Where you were either a warrior (and controlled one unit through a FPS view) or you were the commander, that controled the armies through a RTS point of view.

It flopped horribly.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
-_- I'm beginning to think you have a one-track or one-dimensional mind. Think outside the box, man :p

Yep. In anycase, you can link many'a'genre to RTS. Afterall, you are making "strategy" in anything "real-time" :D

I'm not...that much a fan of FPS, though.

Urza208

Member!
Reaction score
iMike said:
There was a game like that. Where you were either a warrior (and controlled one unit through a FPS view) or you were the commander, that controled the armies through a RTS point of view.

It flopped horribly.

cus it wasnt starcraft related.. duh!