Diablo or Starcraft DS

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
yeah I thought about using an advance cartridge for aa memory card or something too, it might work

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
sc on ds,bnecause of the posabilites.

D2 on psp

thats what we need.

Highfive55

High to the five
Reaction score
Heres some concept pics Tell me wut u think

-

-

??? Post wut u think

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Think About This

How would these games fit on the DS better?

Both:

First and Foremost, the DS has a microphone! 'nough said, but I'll continue for any detractors.

The upper game-screen can be used for the map, and the bottom can be used for direct game interaction. StarCraft and Diablo were made for touch screen! Why do you think you have a mouse? Duh.

StarCraft DS:

Besides what's stated above, StarCraft just isn't StarCraft without customized maps. Sure, the 64 pulled it off, but there's no way (without a ton of Memory Sticks) to pull it off for the PSP. Want to know what the DS has to advantage? Do you really want to know? Well sure! I'll tell ya ^_^

The DS has Nintendo's free servers at GameSpy to store any maps you create! Blizzard can even use their Battle.net servers for map storage! Wait! You ask, "Well dear BAM, how will this work?" I would be glad to answer you, once more ^_^

This is where the beauty of my own idea comes to play. Wether or not Blizzard does this won't be known until they release the game. Who really knows when/if that will be? Anyway. They make the game multiplayer only with no story and cost goes down. They can include a "map custimization CD for your PC" in the game's box and still release it at the normal starting price of DS games. The CD can be loaded onto your PC. You can create maps using the CD. You can then load these maps onto a server.

If StarCraft DS is WiFi, you can load a map on your account and play on it against your friends. Viala. You have a perfect StarCraft release on the handheld DS. You can touch control your units (perfect for a mouse designed game). You can create and load maps. Most importantly, you can play for free as you were meant to.

Game. Set. Match.

Diablo:

You can play the game from over the head as it was originally created. You have free servers, of course, to save your characters on. I haven't thought as much on this game, as you can tell >_>;

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Starcraft, mostly because Diablo gets boring really fast.

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Not a bad idea for the Starcraft on DS but i highly doubt it. I suggest you keep rethinkin your d2 idea haha.

Reaction score
I could see Starcraft being easily converted, but, there'd be trouble on D2

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
I wouldnt be able to see anything with Diablo 2, your character would be the size of an ant.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
-_- Hammer90. I hate it when people make pointless, flamatory posts showing naught but pea-sized intelligence. We were having an intelligent conversation and discussion until you came along. Thank you for showboating why I hate fanboyism.

Urza208

Member!
Reaction score
mmm put em bnoth on ngage for the win....

seriosuly though. starcraft alll the way. I mean diablo relies to much on OTHER people.. to play with. starcraft has a great single player game that many peoepl overlook.. diablos... peopel dont even realize exists... sc all the way.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
>_>; The N-Gage is all but burried XD

Yeah. SC just fits better. Diablo is much harder to pull off on a handheld. I'll admit it's not impossible, but it takes a whole lot more thought and ingenuity. I'll note; it took me only about two or three minutes to come up with all the SC DS ideas I came up with (see next-to-last post on first page). It actually took me longer to write them down, and that actually allowed me some refinement time.

The long-into-short of it is this. SC just fits on a handheld better, and the DS delivers everything that is needed.

Urza208

Member!
Reaction score
yea.. sc would juts be easier.. and then you could link up between 2 systems.. or maybe even more.. and do some insane in the membrane 2v2 action!

o man.. i can see it now. we all get it.. sc on ds... they make the wireless link thingy. you and 3 other friends can play sc on the way to school every morning.. oooooo *smiles*

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Again, sorry.

If I want to play D2 or SC, I'll just play the 5/7 year old games on my computer. I'm not going to drop 45$ on a 5/7 year old game. Not to mention that I'de hardly play it unless I was out doing something that I actually wasn't doing anything.

Why (smart) people wouldn't buy it;

They realize the only time they play DS games are when they're either on the road for short amounts of time, or they're playing some DS exclusive game. If you throw SC or D2 on DS, sure people would buy it. But (hopefully) they'de realize that "hey, this is just the same thing as what I have on my computer, whyde I drop 45$ on this?"

Sorry, it just doesn't seem like a smart idea. Now, if they make a SC2 and release SC on DS the same week, I can see.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
:rolleyes If you were "(smart) people", you would have realized that this is a discussion of pros and cons of a hypothetical release. The average cost of a DS release is $35, so affordability is better than you put it.

The smart idea, company wise, is to release the game onto as many platforms as possible to reach as large an audience as possible. There are more DS units in the general populace than PCs or PSPs. Fiscal DS sales outdo Fiscal (PS2 + PSP) sales. It's a classic game that many-an-audience already admires. The "smart" idea would be to rerelease it to a platform that has the Internet capabilities and closest-match gameplay. The DS delivers both.

Urza208

Member!
Reaction score
mmmm starcraft as an rpg... mmm keregan or raynor.. pikc one. and fight your way, building stats you choose.

Piloting (better handle vehicles for more dmg and speed)
Armor (DUH)
Health Training (think)
Marksmanship (again think)

the possibilitys.. make me waNna just make it myself

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
See. That's a most interesting idea. I, however, would prefer to have "base" characters available that can be named and modified as desired. An example would be like this.

At the beginning, you can choose "Terran/Marine" or "Zerg/Zergling" or "Protoss/Zealot" -- maybe more based on how it's done. As you play, you unlock things like "Terran/Ghost" or "Zerg/Hydralisk" or "Protoss/Templar". Of course :ninja: you can also choose gender.

The idea of an RPG based in the world of StarCraft for a handheld is most intriging.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
or more liek u start as a civillian and u earn points to what ever skill u want liek
o say a golaith piolit :)
and certian atributes like
take aim more damage or Fighter piolit increese teh speed and hp of a flyign thing

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
SC without hotkeys would be kinda hard....but D2 works well on DS.

Urza208

Member!
Reaction score
Bamthedoc you got a point. I never thought of having liek a civilian start out, and build them. That way, you could train them TOTALLY how you want. Maybe he/she could be an expert Wraith pilot. Or maybe your char. could be a sharpshooting ghost. Or maybe.. just maybe.. with increased intelligence.. you could pilot a science vessel... mmmmm yea baby. Sci Vessels for the win :)