Diablo movie!? wtf?!

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
well, its not D3, but at least it shows that were not forgotten.

in an enterview with someone from/working with blizzard, they said something about a Diablo movie in the article. at first, this was thought to be a mistake by the reporter, a typo, but now its pretty much confirmed not to be.

Monday, June 18

Diablo Movie Listed on Legendary Picture's Site - Elly [0:59:pST]

A couple of news posts ago we mentioned that Legendary Pictures were working on a Diablo movie which was being written by Garry Whitta. On the Legendary Pictures site, Diablo is now listed as one of the projects that is being worked on so we can safely say that the Hollywoodreporter.com article that mentioned the project was in development was correct. Good to see it confirmed and on the Legendary website finally. Thanks Ericbrighteyes.

Zoltar

Premium Member
Reaction score
Look at Doom.
Sucked.
FF, Sucked.
What else?....
Im sure theres others.
They all sucked.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Mortal Kombat movie was awesome

REsident Evil Extinction is being directed by the same guy that did Highlander. And highlander was amazing.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
street fighter did pretty good with cash
Esident Evil Extinction is being directed by the same guy that did Highlander. And highlander was amazing.
too bad second one blew

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
thats freaking dumb. why make a movie just to get instant sales when you can make a new and improved d3 hell.. make it p2p and still be a lucrative investment.
You do realize if a D3 movie was made, Blizzard would have nothing to do with it. It would just be the studios, the director and the writers.

Fei_Rushes

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.helbreathusa.com
You do realize if a D3 movie was made, Blizzard would have nothing to do with it. It would just be the studios, the director and the writers.
but who's to say that with a D3 movie comming out, that blizz won't even consider a 3rd installment. That could be their cure-all to all us hopeless romantics, letting them finally be able to wash their hands and concentrate on WoW...

Or maybe I'm just over-reacting...?:usad

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
naw, the diablo Fan base is to large for them to ignore it with another game. The biggest fear for me is if they turn it into a mmo. That would piss me right the hell off.

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
"lets not focus on our 100's of thousands of buyers from the D2 series, lets just drop them for the wow players we have"

that makes no sence, that would literally cut there income. they wont stop the diablo series.

L

Laharl

Why not? They can leach millions a month from the WoW playing fetuses. Why would they need us?

Shadowni

Reaction score
It would probably be a really sweet movie. Especially if it was made by the japanese. They have awesome special effects.. If you don't believe me watch the movie called Devilman.. I saw it yesterday and it looked so awesome. =D
I would totally watch the movie if it was made like that one special effects wise.

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Why not? They can leach millions a month from the WoW playing fetuses. Why would they need us?

because we = money just like wow players = money

they already have the wow players, why would they drop the d2 players for something they already have? it just doesnt make since.

a buisness is there to make as much money as possible. regardless of whatever else you say, money is the primary goal.

if htey already have money coming from wow, which is fresh and stil lbringing in new people daily (aka STILL rising in cashflow, illbeit slower) why wouldt hey not release d3, to bring back the 200k+ people from the diablo series? it woudl bring back an entire market to there profits.

Saint

Member!
Reaction score
Yeahh dude. the movie part of this i think is total BS. there is alwas a rumer about a game being made a movie, and it never ****ing happens. but, on the other hand. i am pretty damn certain that they will make a d3, because WOW or not, they havent forgotten about us little diablo nubs. they reset the ladders and got like 10k people playing on the ladder the first day. so they know that it is still alive. but... time will tell

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
If they made a diablo MMORPG it would probably suck all the WOW fetuses into it....people are predictable like that.