Diablo III Summer 2006

timerun

Reaction score
actually they are holding a bizzcon or some shit in october and are realeasing info about diablo 3 and have even bought a band to play before announceing it

Wiggly_Tug

Member!
Reaction score
I doubt they are making Diablo 3.

They are already loaded they don't need to work their asses as hard off anymore, cuz their insanely rich.

Look at them.. World of Warcraft.. I bet billons of dollars come in every month.

They are taking their sweet little time while every pre ordered SC Ghost.

Everyone Pre Ordered SC Ghost w/o even knowing what its like.

If its crap I'm gonna laugh.

I doubt these are blizzard employees, i bet their wannabe nerds that spend their time trying to talk 1337 when they don't got the azn skills.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Wiggly_Tug said:
I doubt they are making Diablo 3.

They are already loaded they don't need to work their asses as hard off anymore, cuz their insanely rich.

Look at them.. World of Warcraft.. I bet billons of dollars come in every month.

They are taking their sweet little time while every pre ordered SC Ghost.

Everyone Pre Ordered SC Ghost w/o even knowing what its like.

If its crap I'm gonna laugh.

I doubt these are blizzard employees, i bet their wannabe nerds that spend their time trying to talk 1337 when they don't got the azn skills.
Assuming WoW has 2mil subscribers ( I think thats what it just hit a while back. Something like that ) -- figure that its 15$ per account per month. Thats only 30mil in 1 month. Granted, that's alot. Now, figure in they have over 100 servers. Each server costs (from what I've heard of DAoC) roughly 25k a month to maintain.

2,500,000 into server maintance assuming they had 100 servers a month. Thats a lot. Now, figure all the money the need to spend to keep people on the WoW project, and the gms.

Chances are, they bankroll about 5-10m a month off it. It's not that bad, but they also don't just let that money sit and collect up to nothing.

Granted for a major company like them need all kinds of money...

I mean, come on, why not make DiabloIII, they'de just make more money off it.

Grim_Grom

Reaction score
Afterwards I would expect a StarCraft II before a Diablo III.
That makes no sense, if Blizzard are creating StarCraft Ghost, why would they then go and update their franchise again, I'd say Diablo 2 holds a bigger following than Starcraft, I personally think there is a D3 in the pipeline, and much like HL2, it wont be revealed until it's done [or very nearly done]. I reckon we'll see it in 2007.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
WC1 --> D1 --> WC2 --> SC --> D2 ---> WC3 --> WoW --> SC:G --> SC2

Kthx.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Show us some proof.

fattyxp

Member!
Reaction score
Website
shawnjcox.sh.funpic.org
Blizzard north got realeased to work an an "unannounced project" Many believe to be Diablo 3. Maybe they will shock us all with a new franchise or even a new gaming style.
and...
I am a very big blizzard fan. I would love to see SC2 and D3. to think that they are working on only one project is just plain stupid. Especially with the money they have rolling in. (they could make even more if they were smart and sold stuff they can create out of thin air on ebay)
I'm sure just about every penny of WoW money is being spent in some way or another.
Much of it I'm sure goes towords server maintenence and bandwidth charges. The rest goes to employees... health insurence and other bens, office staff, programmers, artists... It's crazy. I'm sure they don't make a whole big bank roll off of everything. Especially since Diablo2 and starcraft are still somewhat popular games and warcraft 3 is still a hugly popluar. The servers for those are free, but not free to maintain. I think it's safe to say they might bank 1-2 million profit a month from everything put together.
As for people having to buy new copies of games for valid keys when they get banned for hacks/bots. Those copies on the store shelves have already been paid for and I'm sure those stores won't restock such old games and are happy to finally get rid of them. Except for warcraft 3 of course.

NtRik_ said:
WC1 --> D1 --> WC2 --> SC --> D2 ---> WC3 --> WoW --> SC:G --> SC2

Kthx.
WC3 --> WoW only because of the market. They figured they could get a nice chunk of the MMORPG pay per month pie and they did, now taking a very large section of the pie.
If you notice there is no other two franchises repeating themselves in that bracket besides warcraft. and the bracket goes more like WC3 --> 1.10 --> WoW --> SC:G --> D3 which would follow the same pattern. 1.10 was a very big update to the diablo series. Obviously the largest update to the game besides LoD itself.

[Koolaid]

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Pan said:
Knowing blizzard, a summer 2006 launch means a christmas 2008 launch.

LMAO, thats so true =)

spikeman488

Member!
Reaction score
diablo 3. hmmmmmm. have u ever thought it may be like warcraft. u may be able to control armies since warcraft has gone to a true rpg and starcraft has gone from armies to a one person shoot out. so u may be in charge of controling armies instead of one person. but most likley not. or is it. hmmmmm.

also i no its a little long ago but whiteschimmy u shouldnt be posting that comp. it rlly bad. 2ghz athlon=ultimate crappy.

WhiteScimmy91 said:
http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=320322&pfp=cat3

I swear to god i will never be able to play diablo again. This is the computer im getting soon. My whole account is gone. Tsh....Time For starcraft?....... :-/

Cell

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Your a pussy u shoulda kicked their ass... Like get a bat and shit pound them.. they deserve it..

fattyxp

Member!
Reaction score
Website
shawnjcox.sh.funpic.org
Wouldn't be the first time gamespy posted something that didn't come out =/

[Koolaid]

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
^ ^ ^ NOOB

n e wayz diablo 3 will neva come out.. sc: ghost was supposed to come out effin like 12 months agao it neva did... and prolly diablo will have to pay monthly and theres no way in hell im doing that

Lacaya

Reaction score
Slayer, you could've told me a little nicer eh? That was my first post on these boards, i've never been on the boards here before and since i hadn't seen that link come up on this thread, i assumed you guys hadn't seen it. But frick you for calling me a noob, i might be on these boards, but anywhere else you'd be the fag loser.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Slayer777 said:
^ ^ ^ NOOB

n e wayz diablo 3 will neva come out.. sc: ghost was supposed to come out effin like 12 months agao it neva did... and prolly diablo will have to pay monthly and theres no way in hell im doing that
See, now you're just talking out of your ass. SCG was scheduled for realease a while back, but there have been many-a-processing problems they've encountered. About Diablo III being a p2p (thats pay to play) game, is rediculous. They wouldn't do that. They'de change it, like they did with WoW. It's not WC4, now is it?

C

courcelle

As for people having to buy new copies of games for valid keys when they get banned for hacks/bots. Those copies on the store shelves have already been paid for and I'm sure those stores won't restock such old games and are happy to finally get rid of them. Except for warcraft 3 of course.

sorry stores have diablo all over there shelves diablo 2 is still a huge game.

as for a D3 i dont know if there going to continue one. if they are they wrote themselves into a corner on the storyline. I think they will come out with a game much the same. and if they do make a D3 it wont be for a good few years

Achilles_8

Reaction score
For all of you that think Diablo III will not be a p2p game, I think you are wrong. True it is a way to get your money but still, it's only 10-15 bucks a month. Unless you are under the age of 10, I don't see how that's alot of money in a whole month. The reason Diablo II went to crap so many times was because of no support from Blizzard until huge patches. When people are paying you money each month you better have a damn good game or they're gonna stop. That is why they will charge a monthly fee for Diablo III when it finally comes out. Much bigger profit.