Diablo III Summer 2006

Sabacca50

Reaction score
Blizzard Employees dont know how to keep their mouth shut.

I went to E3. I played Zelda Twilight Princess. I played Mario Kart DS. I played Starcraft Ghost (Multiplayer = TFC)

I saw a lot of blizzard employees there. Hell, I was waiting in line to get a 18$ burger with a few of them (damn LA convetion center prices).

Anyway, they said. Diablo 3 next year summertime.

So there ya go.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
And Sabacca, how'de you get into e3? Just get a ticket?

Answer me this, and I'll let this topic live.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
Yeah, I had a few friends who went who worked for ASUS. It's not as hard to get in as some might percieve...

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Oh, I never claimed it hard to get into, I just know it's not open to the public. I've had too many twats tell me they just bought a ticket from willcall or something :rolleyes

But yea, I'de hardly count a blizzard employee talking to you while waiting for a burger a definate source.

Mist

Member!
Reaction score
but I'd consider it enough evidence that d3 exists. That much I was so far unconvinced about.

RazieL

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.rpgforums.com
BS. Blizzard has and won't acknowledge anything having to do with a Diablo III. The only confirmation the fan base has about a third installment is that Blizzard follows through on their 3 main franchises: WarCraft, StarCraft, and Diablo.

It'll be a long time till we see any hinting from blizzard about a third Diablo. I'm confident it will happen but I think you need to go get another hot dog back at the street side hot dog stand you thought this random rumor up. :p

Blizzard has two projects: World of WarCraft and StarCraft: Ghost. Afterwards I would expect a StarCraft II before a Diablo III. Just FYI as well; it's impossible for Diablo III to come out in 2006 like you're claiming. They are so busy on StarCraft: Ghost and it was pushed back again. Newest release date about Ghost is Spring of 2006. There is no Diablo III coming. At least not yet and not for a long time.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Actualy, blizzard has been hinting at diablo III, and of the three main franchises it is likely the first to come out. I read a news article on stuff going on at blizzard, and all roads lead to diablo III.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
RazieL said:
BS. Blizzard has and won't acknowledge anything having to do with a Diablo III. The only confirmation the fan base has about a third installment is that Blizzard follows through on their 3 main franchises: WarCraft, StarCraft, and Diablo.

It'll be a long time till we see any hinting from blizzard about a third Diablo. I'm confident it will happen but I think you need to go get another hot dog back at the street side hot dog stand you thought this random rumor up. :p

Blizzard has two projects: World of WarCraft and StarCraft: Ghost. Afterwards I would expect a StarCraft II before a Diablo III. Just FYI as well; it's impossible for Diablo III to come out in 2006 like you're claiming. They are so busy on StarCraft: Ghost and it was pushed back again. Newest release date about Ghost is Spring of 2006. There is no Diablo III coming. At least not yet and not for a long time.
Ok. Heres the thing. You spent all this time, formulating a nice response, only to get shut down by me. Blizzard is now comprised of three seperate sections.

Blizzard Universal (Known as Blizzard) is the (now) main branch. This is where your Warcraft and Startcraft were born. All things starcraft and warcraft related are delt with here. Nothing from Diablo concerns these people, because it's not their job. The job they have is to develop Warcraft/Starcraft games.

Blizzard North is the secondary branch. This is where your (old) console games came from. Rock n roll racing, blackthorne and the lost vikings. They also stumbled on a series known as Diablo. This is where Diablo is worked on. Soley and alone.

Blizzard Retro (new) is the one that produced the remakes of the classic console games, and is the team responsible for making other console games to come in the future.

Now, let me sum it up. There are three branches of blizzard. One works on the "craft" games. One works on the Diablo series. One works on the "arcade" games. Got it? Good.

And yes, Blizzard Universal is split into 3 sections as far as I know. One for the development and upkeep of WoW, one for the development of the WC franchise and the upkeep of WC3, and one for the development and upkeep of the SC franchise.

There you have it folks, how blizzard works. If you don't belive me, there are plenty of sites that document this, and somewhere in Blizzard.com is all this info. Just go find it yourself

RazieL

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.rpgforums.com
It's also been documented that Blizzard has said that there isn't anything remotely close to a Diablo III even in the pipeline yet. -_-

I'm confident it'll come but there is no way it's gonna be here Summer of 2006. That is just bunk.. or maybe wishfull thinking.

Shit SC:Ghost is being developed for the god damn Ps2 and by the time it comes out PS3 will have a decent library. LOL

Nah it'll be at least another 4 years till we see anything having to do with a Diablo III.

Infact the original creators of Diablo aren't even Blizzard anymore. They're Arena.Net now.

Either way it's fun to speculate but I wouldn't go getting your hopes up. Few of my buddy's and I came up with a realistic sounding idea to the 3rd Diablo.

It'd be part of the franchise but the things is.... there is no good way to continue the story.

But what they can do is turn it MMO which they probably will anyways.

My friends and I speculate it won't even be an actual diablo title. We're thinking something more like.

"Hero's of Sanctuary" heh

Latrosicarius

Reaction score
I think the person who made this post could be telling the truth b/c Blizzard can say anything they want to someone in a burger line and not have to worry about it being an official word.

Also, if E3 is an industry-only event, then why are there mobs of screaming people on G4's coverage of E3 every year? Is it industry-only for like the first couple days, and then it opens up for all? Or how exactly does this happen?

Anatomy Of Vice said:
Blizzard North is the secondary branch. This is where your (old) console games came from. Rock n roll racing, blackthorne and the lost vikings. They also stumbled on a series known as Diablo. This is where Diablo is worked on. Soley and alone.

Blizzard Retro (new) is the one that produced the remakes of the classic console games, and is the team responsible for making other console games to come in the future.
I loved Blackthorne. that was my favorite old game! Do you think Blizzard Retro will remake it??? I hope so, but Blackthorne was also owned by Interplay and they might be in control of it?

Mist

Member!
Reaction score
Interplay > Blizzard ... any day. Both together, however, own all.. just look at said Rock n' Roll Racing, Blackthorne, Lost vikings I & II, and I think Clay fighters.

Reaction score
So, let's get this straight. You expect the people on this website to believe you struck up a chat about Diablo III with Blizzard employees at a burger stand in E3.

You being at E3 = Believable
Eating burgers with Blizzard employees while discussing D3 = Highly Highly Unlikely

-D2addict

Dead_of_Winter

Reaction score
After reading the first post to this theard I see know place where it says he/she was talking to the blizz employe. Only that they said D3 was coming out in 2006. You can learn a lot buy listening in on conversations.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
But they still changre the release date like mad. Just look at other Blizzard Games. WarCrasft III, SCGhost, etc etc. They're dates we're oushed back a ton, so if it is coming out, it'll probably be delayed by 4-9 month or more. ><

fattyxp

Member!
Reaction score
Website
shawnjcox.sh.funpic.org
Personally I think D3 will happen, but I have pondered for long periods of time on how they could possibly continue the storyline as it is...
As for the dude saying Starcraft II will come out first... the latest installment of starcraft is Ghost... once that is out SC is on the back burner for a while. Personally I think blizzard is done making RTS style games. After all you really can't get much better than WC3 IMO
As for the screaming mobs of people at E3 on G4... they were there because of G4, basically as extras for thier set and to give people watching more of a feeling that they too were let into E3. (believe it or not there is a lot of this type of subliminal affects being used in TV today) and G4 sucks anyway, Give me TechTV and old school ScreenSavers anyday.
And as with every release date that blizz sets, it will always be missed and they will release when people least expect it, with hardly any hype.