Diablo III Storyline Ideas

Xice_God

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.xtremesystems.org
there was once a big badazz muddafugga named diablo III, i saw him on tv and disliked him. then i decided to go buy some bread and milk, and kill him by the way.

silinrul_drow

Reaction score
U guys all forget about dude followed diablo around, and when baal went got he's soul stone told little guy he was going get what he had coming.

Now like in diablo were hero change it to diablo in diablo2. what stop that from happening again ?

It funny i read alot about people saying what next story line could be, but no one ever says nothing about the little old dude!
:wavey

Shadow_Drifter

Member!
Reaction score
::Spoiler for those who havent finished D2 - Which i imagine is no one::

Marius was that dudes name.

Marius was the the old man in the video clips, who when you finish D2 is killed by Baal (the cloaked figure is baal not tyreal)

Acid Reign

Member!
Reaction score
Cinematic Note

Has anyone ever noticed that after Act 2, and the cinematic plays, that when you see Tyrael grab Marius after he takes the Soulstone out of Tal Rasha and they are floating, that there is something in the background? I'm not sure if you guys have ever noticed it, but I can't make it out because it is too blurry. It almost seems like a building or structure of some type. Check it out when you have the chance.

~Wynter~

Reaction score
I tend to think that since the older members of Blizzard that created Diablo and Diablo 2 arent there anymore, that this new Diablo is going to follow more in the lines of WoW. Its hard to say what new classes are going to be added, but it would be nice to have different alignments and class-specific quests and gear.

It's true that all the Diablo games have been layed out that you are fighting evil, but it would be cool to have the choice on what alignment to make your character. (i.e. - chaotic good/bad, neutral, lawful good/bad, etc.) Alignment of the character could also determine certain quests, gear, and interactions with NPC's in the game.

I'd imagine that there are going to be more options on customizing the characters this time though. And we all expect that Blizzard is going to come up with new characters that DONT overlap the ones they have already.

BTW -- It's unlikely that Marius will make an appearence in Diablo III.... with the whole being dead thing and all...

Tiznit

Member!
Reaction score
As far as what's behind Tyreal and Marius, it's just that pillar that held Tal Rasha.

And as far as alignment goes, I think it would be interesting to have a "longer leash" so to speak when deciding your own character's actions, but I think you should definitely have to be human, that is, none of this "What if you played as one of the Lesser Evils?" stuff that some people are talking about.

Acid Reign

Member!
Reaction score
Tiznit said:
And as far as alignment goes, I think it would be interesting to have a "longer leash" so to speak when deciding your own character's actions, but I think you should definitely have to be human, that is, none of this "What if you played as one of the Lesser Evils?" stuff that some people are talking about.
I agree with Tiznit on this one. I too think that all character classes should be human. Diablo III will be just as popular with just humans instead of both humans and demons. After being a huge fan of both Diablo games, I just don't think evil characters would fit the classic Diablo style that made it so great.

~Wynter~

Reaction score
Having all the characters for Diablo III would be an interesting new twist. I do really like the idea of having more control over the actions of the character. It would be great to have certain quests, items, and other special features made available depending on what character you choose, and how you choose to play it. The game would be so much better if each character had its own story in the Diablo storyline. Anyone with me on this one?

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
If you did that it would be a little harder to have a multiplayer game. I mean, if every character had a seperate storyline, there wouldn't be much contact, especially if they weren't even close. Now if they were altered very slightly, that may work. Customization is what they need, it would help draw away from cookie cutter builds, but there will always be "the best setup".

~Wynter~

Reaction score
Well, that is true that having each character's story being different would make multiplayer harder, but how about this....

Single player - Each character class is able to be customized to suit appearence, etc. Each playable character will have its own role in the Diablo storyline making the game more fun to play on single player since each class will be different.

Multi-player - Each class with have class-specific items (as usual) but also some items that you obtain according to certain choices you make in the game. Class will work together to beat the game using each character's specific profile.

I think that would make the game more interesting and fun to play.

tapioka

Reaction score

Acid Reign

Member!
Reaction score
tapioka said:
Hey Diablo 3 will be takin place during a war between heaven and hell, because the worldstone broke the barries between the worlds. I really have no idea about bosses or playable characters. However, check this out and know that I'm not makin this stuff up! Blizzard is lookin for a new game designer to work on an "unnanounced PC game."

http://www.gamingsteve.com/archives/2006/02/rumor_diablo_ii.php

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6130138.html
Heard it a thousand times before, but it is quite a popular rumor. I still hesitate to believe it because of the bare fact Blizzard has not said a single word about the game at all. One thing I wonder about on Blizzard's Job Opportunity site is if they take the positions off the list if they have already been taken. If they did, it would be much easier to get a perspective on what's going on there, and what positions are filled and unfilled. I don't know... Does anyone else know?

Shadow_Drifter

Member!
Reaction score
im sure someones cousins, friends, uncles, robotchickens, creators, nephews, dads, auntys, son would know =P

Otherwise filled or unfilled i doubt we will see D3 before next year (announced at least) and playable till 2009 or 10 or something like that =(

Acid Reign

Member!
Reaction score
Shadow_Drifter said:
im sure someones cousins, friends, uncles, robotchickens, creators, nephews, dads, auntys, son would know =P
LoL .... Don't make me start that again... :D Because when I start, it's hard to stop!

Sonic_Moronic

Member!
Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
Post any storyline ideas you have in here, whether it would be to continue the original plot by somehow mixing storyline and plot characteristics to resurrect the Prime Evils again, or if it would be to sway a different way. You control your own theory on how you think Diablo III's Story will turn out. Your imagination is the limit, and I expect big, nice and lively posts from your creative minds. :)

Any idea is acceptable as long as it's not blindly stupid and unworkable, I.E. if it's about a totally different game, off-topic, etc. besides that, your imagination is the limit as far as posting Storyline Ideas go. :p

I personally want Diablo III to end the prime evils reign, for at least half the game. I'd like to take my character into hell and fight all those ''lesser'' evils you hear abut in the booklets, and see how much the Sin War has effected the burning hells and then eventually go to heaven half way through to see what Heaven really looks like. Seeing a bunch of Tyreal-lookalikes in Heaven would be pretty fun, wouldn't it? ^^

Post away! :)
Totaly. The Hell in D2 wasn't so special like i espected, but heaven could have so much lights and glowing textures and such.

~Wynter~ said:
Well, that is true that having each character's story being different would make multiplayer harder, but how about this....

Single player - Each character class is able to be customized to suit appearence, etc. Each playable character will have its own role in the Diablo storyline making the game more fun to play on single player since each class will be different.

Multi-player - Each class with have class-specific items (as usual) but also some items that you obtain according to certain choices you make in the game. Class will work together to beat the game using each character's specific profile.

I think that would make the game more interesting and fun to play.
Of course cause that way there wouldn't be some forgotten classes that almost no1 takes (i have seen extremely low number of amazons)

Acid Reign

Member!
Reaction score
Storyline - WITH AN EXCITING ALTERNATE ENDING!

Here goes a quick storyline suggestion:

In Diablo II, while the three Prime Evils were wandering up on Earth, Azmodon and Belial were fighting far from Diablo's Chaos Sanctuary, on the opposite side of Hell. As they fought, the Archangel Tyrael, along with additional strength from Heaven, kept the hero moving on, destroying the evils in his/her way, slowing draining energies from Heaven. As soon as Diablo was slain and his soulstone shattered, Azmodon and Belial noticed and figured that Heaven was busy with banishing the Three Evils. They waited for the Worldstone to be destroyed, allowing one of them to launch a surprise attack on Heaven, since their eyes were blind from any new threat. Azmodon and Belial negotiated, and Belial was sent to Heaven with an army, taking over part of the drained kingdom. Azmodon continued his journey to the Abyss, when he discovered Diablo, Mephisto, and Baal's scattered souls. Even though Azmodon helped banish the Three earlier, he decided full control of Hell, Earth, and Heaven would result in bringing the Three back. Azmodon performed a ritual and brought each Prime Evil back within a Soulstone. The Prime Evils learned of Azmodon and Belial's plan, and Baal and Mephisto were sent to Earth to build demonic and undead forces for Belial to use, along with creating their own protective force. Diablo stayed in Hell, and built a fortress for himself and Azmodon to command their army and the armies on Earth.

Once Belial is slain in Heaven, his forces retreat back to Earth and help defend Mephisto and Baal. The new hero comes down to Earth and travels through the burnt and desolate lands, in search of Mephisto and Baal. Mephisto is found in the desert, raising undead minions from the tombs, while Baal is found in the forest and jungles, building siege equipment and barricades. Other lesser evils are resurrected by Diablo and Azmodon in the Abyss and they return to Earth, this time with a Soulstone. They are scattered throughout the land, and their armies plague the lands. The lesser evils also have the task of awaking the five dragons of the world.

Frostiliar : Dragon of Ice (Kilaronn Mountains)
Toxilias : Dragon of Poison (Aranoch Deserts)
Boltazaen : Dragon of Lightning (Jungles of Kehjistan)
Flambron : Dragon of Fire (Philios Island Volcano, Tempertop)
Hostiliar : Dragon of Magic (Ruins of Mephisto's old Temple)

Once the five dragons are slain, along with Mephisto, Baal, and the Lesser Evils, the remaining forces run back to Hell and the land of Earth begins to replenish - along with the energies of Heaven. The hero enters hell, and Heaven sends numerous Archangels to help with the final battle. Once Diablo and Azmodon are slain, the Soulstones the Hero has collected are all smashed. Now with all three Prime Evils AND Lesser Evils are sent to the abyss and are now helpless. No allies of theirs can reach the Abyss and perform a ritual strong enough enough to return then. End of Diablo series.

* ALTERNATE ENDING *
For those that would like to see the series go even longer to IV and V and VI, there needs to be an ending that allows the possible return of the Prime Evils.

During exploration of Hell after the enemies are all slain, the Archangel Jandrael is drawn to the compelling power of the Abyss, and finds that Tyrael is one of the souls struggling there. Without thinking, Jandrael performs the ritual to bring Tyrael back. Tyrael returns corrupt from the evil in the Abyss and slays Jandrael. Now alone, Tyrael can now bring back the three Prime Evils without anyone knowing. Diablo IV carries the story on. The ultimate evil force would be unleased on Earth. The unlucky 13:

Belial : The Lord of Lies
Azmodon : The Lord of Sin
Andariel : The Maiden of Anguish
Duriel : The Lord of Pain
Mephisto : The Lord of Hatred
Baal : The Lord of Destruction
Diablo : The Lord of Terror
Frostilair : The Dragon of Ice
Toxilias : The Dragon of Poison
Boltazaen : The Dragon of Lightning
Flambron : The Dragon of Fire
Hostiliar : The Dragon of Magic
Tyrael : The Fallen Angel

Sonic_Moronic

Member!
Reaction score
Here is my idea:

After all prime evils were destroyed, Azmodon and Belial fought for Hell.
Azmodon didn't fought to well, so Belial took most part of Hell, and left Azmdodon with only a small fortress. Now, Azmodon's only hope was to find a ally. Unfortunately, in Azmodon's part of Hell, there was plains os Despair. Soon, he found Izual's soul. Izual agreed to be his ally if he founds him a body to take over. Azmodon took all his armies to heaven, and found Tyrael. He and Izual combined their powers to capture Tyrael. Izual was trying to capture his body. Soon he did it, and they fought together against Balial. They took most part of Hell. At the end, they killed Balial himself. Now they aimed to capture Heaven. Heaven didn't have much resistance, so they took it overt easily. Now they found a demon disguised into a angel, who helped them with recreating Diablo's Soulstone. Now they shared territoryes: Izual was sent to Snow lands far away from civilization. There he made a sanctuary, with a Soulstone in it, which he guarded. Azmodon took the Hell, and demon took the Heaven.

Like it? :cool: Now my idea is, when you pass act 1, that will be in Snowlands, you will defeat Izual at the end, but not yet find the sanctuary.
After that, you will go to act 2, in Hell. You will defeat Balial. After that, you will go to act 3 in heaven. Instead of demon, there will be some other boss, cause demon escaped to snowlands in sanctuary. There he was doing dark rituals. He succeded to revive Diablo. This time, he made big fortress in desert.That is act 4.He built an entrance to Hell. far way from parts of Hell you saw before.This is final dungeon, with preferably 3 levels, Diablo at the end.

CSB_Svedlana

Reaction score
Diablo 3

I think this new game should be a new story of the old ones.. a bigger evil than baal diablo and all the other..... a mighty evil that havnt been showd in the older games... new heroes should be nice to... so we dont have to play the old charters.... so what u think?:heart

Reaction score
CSB_Svedlana said:
I think this new game should be a new story of the old ones.. a bigger evil than baal diablo and all the other..... a mighty evil that havnt been showd in the older games... new heroes should be nice to... so we dont have to play the old charters.... so what u think?:heart
perhaps the old characters made diablo 1/2 popular? but if your suggesting rebirth, then you would accomplish nothing, but losing the respect blizzard worked so hard to earn

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
Rebirth? Blizzard would never make the characters 100% the same or else the game would be carp. Azmodan and Belial would probably be the new big bosses I think.