Diablo III Storyline Ideas

Skjaar

Reaction score
DID U RLY BELIVE I WAS SUCH A MORON????

OH well

ya i know its ****ing crazy and i admit it i was just trying to create a plot for everyone to relax a bit.

and btw my friends think worse ideas (Real worse and want it to happen!)

just wanna make some1 laff

here's true plot: TRAGEDY

After the worldstone incident the source of daemonic corruption faded but left the world in such a state that it would never be the same.

Humans began forgetting the ways of magic and became more intrested in filthy material things like money.
Indeed, in this new dark era money was power so the true heroism was lost...

Wasn't it???
NO!!!
some remembered the old ways of magic but they were branded as heretics.
and worse some people were adopting a new cowardly weapon, guns!

If the bows and Xbows were enough with this the knightly ideals had completely banished.

But evil has it own plans...

After years of war Azmodan defated Belial and ruled over hell. He starts sending forth legions of daemons (yeah i love that spelling!). But in earth things were bad.

They needed heroes like the old champions who defated the prime evils!

(HINT: remember Tyr said sth 'bout u having great descendants or sth like that?)

Well a descendant of the old hero has survived and learned the old ways long before so he rallies the best of Sanctuary's champions and start a quest not only to erradicate the daemons, but also to banish this new weaponry before it expands its popularity.

GAMEPLAY

You choose a cchar and chose the phisical details, then you roll randomly the atributes, and then you start an adventure with other NPC chars created by the PC just like you (you can/can't change control of chars. U decide)

They all travel through Sanctuary and visit the amazon isles, necro vaults, barb tribes, pally church of zakarum (now restored to good), etc.
This way they learn the abilities of the old warriors as they progress.

Ultimately they enter hell and fight Azmodan and his minions:
Just to name one:

Kharwulf the Blademaster
Whirlwind dual swords leap fanatism aura spectral damage

and then they defat Azmodan for good. But as they exit by Tyr's portal we can see a hiding Belial come into Azmodan's room and spit him, proceeding to sit in the throne. After all he was the lord of lies...
Who wouldn't know his death was just a deception. But he 's not the only one...

We can lastly see the spirits of the Prime Evils just wandering there, saying:
Mephisto: Ha ha ha, such fools. The soulstone was a prision for our soul, now that it's broken we can recover our true self.
Baal:Indeed, now we will destroy all!!!
Diablo: I was wrong... My plan to make an hero snap the soulstone into his head was a great mistake...
Now thet the soulstone is destroyed i can freely live again!!!
Mephisto: No Diablo... not yet. Our plans need to remain secret until the very end. Now let's take a look at what Belial can do. For when the time comes...
Mwahahahaha!!! EVEN HEAVEN WILL FIGHT ONLY TO FALL INTO OBLIVION!!!
Baal: IT SHALL BE DESTROYED!!!
Diablo: FEAR US ARCHANGELS, AND YOU TYRAEL WILL PAY DEARLY!!!!
All three: MWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Skjaar

Reaction score
Real TY pale horse

BTW i tried to start with a joke coz last time i entered a forum i was flamed to death lolz

Skjaar

Reaction score
Sth i forgot to say

BTW when u choose skillz with any char you get a new class and new skills mixing skill trees:

for example:

Warlock

Fire Magic
Summoning (Necro)
Passive and magic (zon)

resulting skill tree:
Demonic magic:

Life Drain (lvl1)

Like lightning but it must be mantained and its reversed (the animation of the enemy's life source comin to ya!)

Mana Drain (lvl 1)

same as the LD but with blue animation

Hellfire (6)
summons a fire nova

Summon Infernal golem (24)

Summons a mix of Fire Golem with some rocks for extra def
(basically magma golem)

Daemon Morph
same as werewolf but as a daemon (i choose balrog or Storm Caster)

OR

Warlord

Battle Skills (barb)
passive & magic(zon)
offensive auras (pally)

NEW: War Skills (Warlord)

Weapon Master(1)
all masteries in 1

Windrunner(6)
increased walk speed and stamina (unlimited at lvl 20)

Two handed training(12)
gives chance to block with 2h weapons and increases attack speed

Master Technique(24)
releases a powerful attack depending on the weapon

Sword: Reaper (like nova but only melee and really powerful)
Axe: Ground Slash
Mace: Earth Shaker (like a nova but magic dmg)
Polearm: Avenger
Lance:
Dagger:
Unarmed: Exploding Fist (punches many times an opponent leaving you vulnerable, but then it explodes like corpse explosion)

Berserker Rage(30)
Consumes both life and mana but is like Zeal + Charge combined attacking all enemies on screen. Attack increases but defense is dropped greatly. Non stop until they or you are dead (usually they and very quickly)

Well thats all
CYA
:morph

S

seinult

For me Diablo III should be flexible:

1. You'd be able to choose between the Good side and the Evil side
2. Multiple Options on how to finish a quest (Somewhat Arcanum-ish)
3. Versatile\Flexible character creation
4. Bring back the books of diablo I (RANT)

pyrosorc

Reaction score
i reckon that if they make a 3rd they will simply have the return of the prime evils: they can do what they want really. Anything they say in D2 doesnt actually apply anymore cos they smashed the worldstone...

dethtotheopposition

Reaction score
ok how bout this, cain is old and dying so he gathers some guys and goes to the hell forge to gather the shards of the soulstones because he thinks he can regain his youth with them. he inserts them into his skin and he becomes young. but to his surprise the evils are still alive. they dont take over his body but he does become currupt. when tyrial finds out what cain has done he tries to convince cain to sacrifice his youth but cain slays tyrial and takes over hell, and builds a nice big castle in the aftermath.

for a few years noone realizes what happend while hell is amassing an army to conquer the human realm and heaven. heaven is searching for tyrial who has been missing for some time now and finds his corpse at the gates to hell. which they thought was an unorginized mess ruled by weak demons who would be to cowardly to even think of leaving hell.

when heaven realized what happened they get you (what ever rase you choose) to stop the goins on and give cain his come up-ins.

ACT I

You'r sent to a small area of the world that has been conquered by hell. you have to go through the wilderness to kill certain demons and take out outposts of hells troops. The demon that cain left in charge in this area has a big demonic village set up which you will have certain missions in and eventually have to kill the general.

ACT II

You make your way to a polar area of the world where hells troops are emmerging from a gatway hidden in the vast expansive icey desert. your sanctuary is a large town where people similar to eskimoes live. you do many missions for the town and personal quests to help you with your goal. once again you must find the generals base and destroy them.

ACT III

You go to a southern forest area where you have to find an ancient weapon which you use to break the lock on the gates of hell with. but the weapon is protected by an angel who vowed to keep it safe from god himself no matter what so you have to kill him, of course there will be many other missions to find the wep

ACT V

You get to a post set up at the gate to hell, where you must enter hell and do many missions to ensure safe travel for an arm to make it to cains castle. you storm the castle and kill cain.

Big scene where beams of coloured lights shoot out of Cain, Cain then returns to and old fart and dies. everyone is happy the end

Shadow_Drifter

Member!
Reaction score
You cant have a Diablo game without Diablo...

My Ideas -

With the destruction of the world stone, Tyreal was banished from heaven. Generations pass and the heroes that stopped Baal are all dead. The Horadrim order is gone (Decard Cain is long dead). The only person with the lore of what has happened (as it happend not as it has been changed through verbal history) is Tyreal himself.

As time moved on the evils of what happend have been changed from history, to legend and finally myth. With the prime evils gone (and i use gone loosely) heaven has lightend its vigil. Hell is in the throws of civil war among the remaining powerhouses of the demons and finally a wayward demon overthrows his rivals and takes the "Demon Crown" and declares itself the Demon King (Not Diablo).

At some stage, even though his soul stone is destroyed (remember they were made to TRAP the demons, not as their actual life energy), Diablo re-emerges (as tales told among the demons (when a player hears a demon its often cryptic and the player has no idea who they are talking about) and later heaven hears rumours too. (prelude - training chapter)

Tyreal takes a long journey comming to the various peoples, though they dont know its him, he manages to get some of the newly trained recruits of several classes and undertakes an investigation. (start of Chapter 1 -around this time monsters start comming back to the land in greater numbers)

Diablo himself is seeking a way to bolster his power and find an artifact that would provide him an edge over the demon king. Meeting up with the other Prime Evils (much later on of course) he turns his eyes again to the lands of men. With heaven only hearing rumors (and ultimately unwilling to help mankind anyway) they dont watch the human lands as they should and Diablo and his brothers are free to walk the land.

Finding a cache of items long lost by the horadrim (including a set of stones SIMILAR but not the actual soul stones (more like a beta version of them) they find a way to posses a select few people without being trapped to the stone (hence why these stones were never used).

With this the three prime evils overpower and finally posses the three most gifted of Tyreals investigators which. Tyreal suspects nothing and when they investigation fails (end of chapter 1) the investigators head back to their homelands. Diablo in the body of necromancer learns of a powerful artifact that the necromancers have been studying. A device that allows the body sustain an extreme amount of damage without giving out (a device designed to grant "eternal life").

This is the artifact he has been searching for and once aquired (end of chapter 2) (cutseen showing tyreal talking to a scribe (later to be a new generation of the Horadrim) he sheds his "cloak" and makes his presence known. He destroys the Pandamonium Fortress and then through its power makes an assault on heaven. He destroys several key places and with a small army that gathered to him he hastily makes his own outpost in heaven (a place where hell can make assaults on heaven). Tyreal and his group are "pulled to heaven" by the Master Angel and is requested to rid heaven of this fortress (something which they fail to do). After a large battle Diablo FORCES Tyreal and his crew back to earth (end of chapter 3).

Tyreal knows that the only way to get Diablo out of heaven is to engage in combat with his two brothers. After much searching (a long chapter) they find Baal and Mephesto. After a heated arguement and much realisation (not matter what they do they cannot destroy the prime evils) the Demon King itself makes an appearence and confides to Baal and Mephesto that if they fail he will ensnare their souls within the "Devil Rift" a prison for uncontrollable demons. Demon King leaves and the battle begins after one is defeated Diablo comes down and with his brother goes to hell to confront the Demon King to get his brother back (depending on which one is defeated means there is a variation on what happens next). (end of Chapter 4).

You follow them to hell to catchup and defeat both brothers and if you can the demon king. But by the time out fight your way through minions and such, it is too late and Diablo has beaten the Demon King. The overload in power destroys the device that grants eternal life. Diablo releases an army at the player and a final battle must follow. Finally after a terrible battle the Master Angel and an army of angels trap Diablo in the Rift (diablo unknown to the angels has the crown and can escape the prison later) (end of chapter 5)

Of course this is very unlikely and very rough (LOL i made it up as a went along (rambling as i do form time to time).

Ultimately i would like to see D3 as a MMO but also the style of D2 wasnt bad either (and the way i wrote my short story).

I hope you enjoy and a simple I like or I dont like (with an explenation and no flaming) would be much appreciated.

~Shadow Drifter

Heyitsme

Reaction score
ok bear with me lol

Ok i know a bunch about the diablo story but not as much as some on here so correct me if i am wrong anywhere but here is my idea which is a small part of what could be diablo 3.

The whole point of soulstones was so that the prime evils could not manifest themselfs on mans plain correct? Well the insane little man from the cinimatics i forget his name :doh said he "HEARD" both soul stones where destroyed. But your character only officialy destroyes mephistos soul stone for sure. So the old man could have ben lied too, also you never hear about baals soul stone you just killed him and he lied there physicly dead.
But tryreal he had to destroy the worldstone because the powers of hell where taking root. If all evil was destroyed what was taking root? Was it because baals infection of the soul stone causing the worlds to blend would make the use for soulstones none existant. No prime evil would have to rely on a soul stone to exist anymore. Also on side point remember baal was able to corrupt tal rasha very easaly and use his body to get his soul stone back. Which means the prime evils can exist and be anywhere in a weak form as long as the soulstone hasnt ben destroyed. Remembering this take account that the worldstone has ben destroyed. There are not just rips between realms, There are no longer realms at all, just one gaint battlefield. Meaning no use for soulstones.. No need to hide or remain in a weaker form. If the old man was lied to about diablos soul stone which is very possible considering how much his insanity had gotten to him, Then that means diablos soul stone could still be in someones possesion ( the hero. tyreal. cain?). Also baals soul stone was left on the ground as you walk into the "destructions end" red portal. Anyway what im saying is Mephisto is the only prime evil that is plain dead for sure. Diablos soul stone being destroyed was a rumor the old man heard. and baals soul stone was never even mentioned. Now in a new world completly jumbled by tyreals desicion to destroy the worldstone there is no where to hide. Evil runs free without gates or doors to stop them. And diablo and baal can manifest themselfs in any physical form they see fit now that they do not need soulstones to exist on an earthly plain at full power. Diablo 3? let me know if i got anything wrong.

Shadow_Drifter

Member!
Reaction score
Heyitsme

Firstly Hello on your first post.

Secondly. The soul stones were made to trap the demons in them, not for them to exist. Baal was trapped in the Soul Stone and then Tal Rasha took the stone to keep it from getting free. Over countless years Baal corrupted Tal Rasha from inside. (like what happend to the Warrior from Diablo 1).

The prime evils also cant take any specific shap either (i believe this in light of what happens (Diablo trys to possess the Kings son (D1) in D2 he never changed shape to allow easier passage to the temple of zakarum) with those.

HOWEVER, my view on things (with thanks to south park) You kill something evil and wheres it go? to hell... so killing Diablo ultimately must place him in some other place in hell???. the soul stones are only there to trap them Physically (they can influence others from within the stones hence the corruption of Tal Rasha and the Hero.

Also the Soul Stones arnt infallible (Mephesto got out of his)

Also you cant really have a Diablo game without Diablo can you (i mean Diablo in a way is the main character)

The world stone as i see it is kind of like a 3 way gate between Heaven Hell and Earth. In essence it acted like a plug stopping two influcing the other.

I think thats about it =P

Heyitsme

Reaction score
Ah yes some good points, I guess what i was trying to say is that there was alot left at the end of diablo2. just left with tyreal destroying the worldstone and "forever changing the world" but at the same time "insuring mans survival". Also the fact that the old man only HEARD that diablos soulstone was destroyed and baals was never discussed. So i guess even though the soulstones are empty they still can be used somehow? i dont know i just really want to see Diablo 3! lol :p

""" also tryreal said he must destroy the world stone before the powers of hell take root.
What powers is he speaking of?

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
Heyitsme said:
Ah yes some good points, I guess what i was trying to say is that there was alot left at the end of diablo2. just left with tyreal destroying the worldstone and "forever changing the world" but at the same time "insuring mans survival". Also the fact that the old man only HEARD that diablos soulstone was destroyed and baals was never discussed. So i guess even though the soulstones are empty they still can be used somehow? i dont know i just really want to see Diablo 3! lol :p

""" also tryreal said he must destroy the world stone before the powers of hell take root.
What powers is he speaking of?
If you are referring to the cinematics with Cain at the insane asylum, their was no mention of Baal, since he was only apart of the expansion. True I agree their was no destroying of Baal's soulstone, but, Diablo is a must for a Diablo3, if not they can't call it Diablo. We will all find out if/when Diablo 3 ever becomes a reality.

EDIT: almost forgot .... welcome to BattleForums. Hope you enjoy.

Teradar

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
as for diablo's son, in blade trinity, this was dracula (im pretty sure :D), vampires....totally, then that whole thing with necros becoming vampires would be much cooler, since then they would be like part demon, would definately give them more inside info on evil crap (enchantments), somewhere in the new game, tyreal should become your mercenery because the evil has become so great, cain, as the last horadrim (i think) should started making more of them, or pull out some wicked awesome crap and kamikaze with all of his power to reseal the tear into hell, but hes captured when he gets to the end, so you have to go save him, he is the only one who knows how to reseal it, iunno, this was kind of broken up thoughts

Shadow_Drifter

Member!
Reaction score
Personally im against vampires being playable characters EVER (I would seriously NOT CONSIDER buying D3 if you can select vampire as a class).

Teradar

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
why? too powerful?

Shadow_Drifter

Member!
Reaction score
Nothing to do with Diablo. Also there is balancing, the fact that vamps cant go out in daylight hours and that they have no soul means they would be possessable (should that be programmed in).

Besides being a monster as it were, even EVIL characters would want it dead (if you were say roleplaying as an example).

I liked Vamp Masquerade (both of em) hell i even played a vamp in Morrowind, but vamps arent Diablo material IMO.

RobQ

Reaction score
yeah

wicked good idea, may have already been used but, When the world stone was destroyed it was a trick, Tyrael was on the evil side, with the destruction of the world stone a stronger being flew out in one of the shards, He produced greater evils and descended to Earth.

Acid Reign

Member!
Reaction score
My Idea

This idea may have been touched on before, but I just brainstormed it today during school, since I had absolutley nothing going on. Here it is:

The game would pick up soon after the expansion and the death of Baal and the destroying of the Worldstone. Tyrael (yet again) is impaled by a cursed shard of the Worldstone, and it becomes his own soulstone. As he tries fighting the evil building inside of him, he leaves the Arreat Mountains, and is driven back to Hell. There, Tyrael re-crafts the three soul stones and seeks out three worthy sacrificial targets. Once he captures three heroes, he brings back all three Prime Evils: Mephisto, Diablo, and Baal. Tyrael decides to give the three brothers tasks right off the bat, sort of like a general.

MEPHISTO : Tyrael sends Mephisto to the labyrinth under Tristram to resurrect the dead after they were slain from Diablo I. This would bring back certain demons not seen since D1. Overlords, acid fiends, and others would be brought back for an interesting reunion with the city of Tristram and other parts of the region. Mephisto would reconstruct the Chamber of Bone (originally from D1), and set up his war room.

DIABLO : Tyrael sends Diablo back to Hell, but he would have to reinvent and build a new super fortress for himself to hide in and create hellspawn armies. There he would organize battle strategies for his brothers on earth. Diablo would perfect his skill of isolation, creating another puzzle-like situation to find him, such as D1 (Levers) and D2 (Seals).

BAAL : Tyrael sends Baal to the Amazon Islands. Odd, but Baal would create a naval force and provide ships for minions and coastal support for demonic campaigns near the Twin Seas. This could introduce the category of “sea demonsâ€, such as krakens and the like.

After all three Prime Evils are dead, their soulstones are collected and kept by the hero (Not in their inventory, but in the story/cinematics).

As the three brothers go off to complete their tasks, Tyrael travels to the jungles to try and separate himself from evil and attempt to overcome his corruption. Tyrael would create a makeshift temple for himself, and would attempt a ritual to contain the evil deep inside him, and make it able to be released only by his death. As the hero stumbles across Tyrael, he/she is confused with Tyrael’s state and ritual, and kills him. The evil leaves Tyrael’s body and enters the hero’s. The hero would be compelled to revive the three Prime Evils with their soulstones, which conveniently, are being carried by the hero, thus making it wide open for a Diablo III expansion, or perhaps Diablo IV. :hxc

This kind of storyline would be able to support both single and multiplayer capabilities - something that is desirable with this particular series.

As for characters, I have just a few ideas:
Characters would be able to have different genders, and customizable appearences.
Warrior – skilled with melee attacks (mix of paladin and barbarian from previous Diablo)
Archer – skilled with ranged weapons (bows, javelins, throwing weapons)
Mage – skilled with magic (BRING BACK FLAME WAVE!)
Conjuror – similar to Necromancer, skilled with cursing and minions
Beastmaster – similar to minion Druid, but far more beefier. Skilled with summoning creatures such as serpents, elementals, and perhaps maybe even a Wyvern. Magic could also be used, such as Snake Venom or Dragon Breath.
Monk – skilled with some previous paladin skills, and new healing skills

That’s the basic ideas I brainstormed today… More will come to me if I think hard enough.

nanook666

Reaction score
Couldnt really be arsed thinking to indepth but i do like the ideas of being good or evil. ONE MAIN THING each class should have a different story and cinematics. when you complete the game as one class you can restart and do that classes mission as a different class or start that classes mission. If u understand what im getting at you will see that this way if blizzard include say 6 classes then that means the game can be completed 36 ways. Surely that is a good idea as only mega gamers will complete the game fully.

The intermission cinematics in D2 were ok but the cinematics from d1 made me actually shit my pants. i was only 8 or 9 at the time but it was still way scarier that D2. Diablo 2 was more of a perrilous fantasy than an adventure/horror and horror is what blizzard thrive in. i dont doubt that blizzard are going to blow me away with D3 but if and when it comes i really hope they try to scare me like D1.

i think the game shouldnt evolve to far ahead either keeping it around the dark ages as if guns and such come along i dont think i will really enjoy the game....... as much lol. i read alot of Michael Moorcock books, if anyone has read the elric series then they know what i mean. YOU GOTTA HAVE SWORDS N SHIELDS FOREVER.

either way blizzard aint gonna let us down:lucifer