Diablo III Monsters/Bosses

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
New monsters. Obviously the're going to have to have new bosses and such. New normal enemies also. Whats your thoughts on what they should use? Post links, post pictures, post drawings for all I care, as long as it follows the forum rules. I'll get started;

Personally, I think they should throw the other lesser 2 evils in. Azmodon and Balial or whatever. They are (to my best knowledge) still at war with eachother in the bowels of hell over who should reign over it. Maybe the player could see this and have to go down and kill them seperatly, and depending on who they choose to kill first determines a lot of the game? It could even be like a little pre-louge to the actual storyline.

As for common monsters, I say get reid of those damned Whisps or Burning Souls or whatever they're called. You all know what I'm talking about. The things that can go invis and destroy you completely with their lightning attacks.

Tanith

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
And the exploding dolls as well. I hate those little bastards.

As for new monsters...well, I notice that GuildWars has centaurs. Not the stately, scholarly type seen in a lot of fantasy fiction, but ferocious badasses that can swarm a party in seconds as they come galloping up. There's also a type of walking tree that's probably inspired by Tolkien's Ents, but much meaner.

There's no limit to what they could come up with, if they only put their minds to it.

Tanith :morph

thy

Reaction score
I'll just throw what i think will be the story line at you.

There will be an opening cinematic. it will explain how mephisto's soul stone was destroyed and how baal and diablo's weren't. It will tell you that they are regaining strength together and are gathering an army to come in from the gates of hell and flood earth. It will then tell u about the 2 other prime evils, Azmodan and Belial. it will say that they have come to a compromise and have decided to rule hell together and send out armies to conquer earth and heaven. Your character will start out in like a hospital or something a little more mideival, and he will be talking to someone and explaining to him why he's in the hospital. he'll be like "I wasnt quick enough to save the worldstone, but i managed to defeat baal, within an inch of my life". then he will remember that he didnt destroy his soulstone and he will suit up in his armor and grab his sword from his beside and leave. I think there will be 2 acts. Now, dont start and say "2 ACTS WTF??" because the acts will be emense. One will start on earth. Your character will hunt down baal first. baal will be in a weakened form and will flee from you or something like that. He will kill tons of people and finally regain his form. you will follow him for awhile and finally you will go into hell and kill him once and for all. you will take his soulstone to Hellforge, and destroy it. Diablo will be enraged and will summon a huge army and wait for you. You will take a portal back to earth and find Azmodan and belial's minions everywhere. you will save cities and go on quests for people and all that. You will ask around and some wiseman will tell you that azmodan and belial are the cause of all of this. You will descend into hell once more and find them sitting on thrones and you will have to fight them both at once. Once you kill them you will have to track down diablo by solving some kind of puzzle. comon blizzard, be creative! once you relocate the chaos sanctuary (if im not mistaken, diablo is always in the chaos santuary. i think you even fight him there in diablo 1.) Tyreal will be there to give you tips on how to beat him. When you are going into the santuary and begin to hack n slash your way through monsters, tyreal begins to fight you. you realize that tyreal is still trapped in tal rashas tomb, and diablo has taken the form of tyreal to catch you off guard. you fight him and get him so weak that he changes back into his regular form, and he flees deep into the sanctuary and you are too weak from the battle to follow him. You quest back to act 1 in diablo 2, and find the rogues in need of your help. you do some stuff for them and then you ask warriv to take you to lut gholein. You make your way through monsters and free tyreal from tal rashas tomb. he gives you something that will help you kill diablo. you go back to the santuary and kill all the minions and begin to battle diablo for the last time. Blizzard should do something smart and make it MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH harder to kill diablo. sorry hammerdins :(. Diablo is extremely powerful and it takes a great deal of skill to kill him. when you finally do, you smash the soulstone and he is gone forever. the minions dissapear and the world is back to its original self. they should have some lasting hook at the end of the game. im not saying they should use this but something with a lasting effect like "the world is safe once more, or is it?"

All along this story line, you are going something to try to restore the soulstone. not sure what, but be imaginative. hey, lets think dragonball z and say that you have to collect pieces of it throughout the game. hehe. they need to make the bosses so much harder to kill, and the game will be alot more fun.

Diablo3-2-1

Reaction score
Diablo 3 Bosses???

Anyone Know What The New Bosses Are Gonna Be In Diablo 3.... You Since We Killed Them All In Diablo 2 and 1. I Just Dont See How They Can make New Bosses After We Killed Baal And Diablo And Mehpestio.

Plz Post Back
Diablo3-2-1

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Theres no current info on Diablo III released. Everything you hear will be a rumor.

That being said, theres still Baeziel (or however you spell it) and Azmodon (however you spell it) running hell (according to the Diablo II manual). Not to mention Diablos soulstone hadnt been shattered, nor Baals.

silver slyph

Member!
Reaction score
quests

a cool twist to the game would be that a boss (andy, durry, diablo, meph) has a chance to convert you :lucifer to the dark side (you change into demon lord or something). once converted you must help protect the boss :bouncy . once the battle is over the boss will send you on a quest :cool: : to get an object like a soulstone, a rare item, or holy atifact that you must bring back to them, or completely take over a town. this quest must be done before you do anything else!

if you die :doped before completeing the quest, the boss will reserrect you and your starting point will be where the boss is.

while you are converted, you can only do half your normal damage and you still battle everything (if you opt to do so) that gets in your way of completing your quest. you cannot join parties in multi player games while converted.

once the quest is done you convert back to your original self and you teleport back to the nearest town.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
No, see, that's just stupid. You do realize that right?

silver slyph

Member!
Reaction score
no, i dont think so... it would make players think of different strategies before doing a meph, diablo, or baal run for the 1,043rd time.

j-rad

Reaction score
thy.....no1 is ever going to read what you wrote lol, its tool long, at least i stopped after the first sentence lol

HeyknowHey

Member!
Reaction score
Lol same if i wanna read that much i will wait for school to come again. Thank you very much.

devilstar187

Reaction score
ok my idea...first of all you start as a pathetic little villager.you would be able to choose from a number of races. an alternative to choosing different races they could make it where you could choose a geographic background. and this could affect weapon/magic/skill proficiency. you could choose from male or female. then you choose your own skills and such and your alignment could be determined by your actions in a prologue. in this way you could assist the armies of heaven or crush them along side the legions of hell. would make for an interesting online gaming experience. new spells, new skills, pretty much the same stat system cuz well cmon theres not much that can be done to that. a camera system that can be manipulated to your hearts desire. you could make your appearance to be anything you wish.

as far as monsters would go...well i dont really have a great imagination for things like that.

most weapons were covered in d2 so thats a tough one as well. maybe they could give the d2 weapons a facelift with new mods n such and change their appearance. also throw in a few things like a kama, kitana, boomerang, blowguns etc. if they went with something like i mentioned earlier with a geographic/ethnic background they could throw in a few things like shurikens and atl atl's(native american weapon used for hunting, basicly a stick with a rope used to hurl spears that came before the bow.)

i guess all the ideas posted in these forums are great ideas but i bet they already have the story line and everything mapped out already so all we can do is just sit back and wait till the official release to see what their devious little minds came up with. :lucifer

and as for the complete and utter destruction of diablo idea...are you ****ing insane? cmon ppl if they make it so diablo is completely destroyed then they could never make another diablo installment. idk aboot u ****ers (yes i said aboot u got a ****in problem with it) but i want to play a diablo 4 5 6 7 8 357. i love the first two installments and it can only get better with time. granted fighting the same badguy in each and every installment of the game would be gay to say the least but they could mix it up a little with time travel, reversed roles and such.

Xacu

Reaction score
Diablo's Soulstone

I have noticed that a few people have said that Diablo's soulstone was not destroyed. It was! After you have killed Diablo you take the portal to Harragath (assuming you have LoD) and you get 2 cinamatics. The first 1 shows a blue and then a red soulstone being destroyed. The red 1 is Diablo's!

Octopor

your whole family is made of meat
Reaction score
I predict it going in the WoW direction.

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
Well since this was about D3 Monsters / Bosses let me get back on topic, and give my ideas on them. First a bit of a backstory.

Their will be 4 difficulties instead of the 3. Normal, Nightmare, Pergatory, and Hell.
Normal, NM, and Pergatory are the same as now, but Hell will be like a hardcore difficulty where only lvl 99 characters can go after beating Perg, if your character dies here it is banned from ever playing it again, but you can still go back to the other 3. Within Pergatory, it is a completely new enviornment within The demention from which all the demons have come from. It will also have new items, and all the current gear used in normal, nm, and Perg will have be cursed items. Which means you need to aquire new items to venture onwards. These items found and used in Hell can not be transfered into any of the other 3 difficulties. Their will also be an option to change your character to a mythical character (which you can opt to not change into) in appearence only. This will be a permenent thing.
Barb - Minitor
Amazon - Elf
Necro - Skeleton
Pally - A Fallen Palladin (think Undead Fighter)
Sorc - (Not Sure Yet)
Sin - A Shadow Silloette
Druid - (depending on build it will look like a Smokey figure for Wind Druids, A Black silloette on fire for Fire Elementalists, Wearwolf will be Red, Wearbear will be Black)

Every enviornment will have elements that will do some sort of damage to you. For example: A snow covered mountain range will cause some minor cold damge, a swamp will have a poison mist like fog, a hellish lava area will cause fire damage ect.

Monsters:

Name: Throwers
Description: Giant rock creatures that are immune to all elements, but are weak to Physical damage. They throw Boulders at player characters that have 1 type of element to it. Fire Boulder, Ice Boulder, Poison Boulder, or Lightning Boulder. Very fast and strong, but extremely weak.

Name: Elementals
Description: A monster created from its elemental enviornment by a Warlock not to far off in the distance. Basically think of the Fire, or Clay Golems but bigger, stronger, and faster. Can can appear as Fire, Poison, Cold, Water, Electric, Earth, or Air. When facing a elemental they are immune to Physical and the element it is comprised of.

Name: Warlocks
Description: Warlocks are the evil counterparts of a Necromancer, creating Elementals, reviving dead demons (which act exactly as revives with double the life and strength) and doing curses on your character and party as well. They are very fast to cast, but also very weak.

Name: Knightmares
Description: Souless fallen Palladins that were currupted by evil. Each ride on a coal black steed that leaves a trail of fire in its path. Like a paladin the Knightmares have auras, but these do negative effects to your character and the party much like a curse, but their is no time limit for it. It can also change its auras to help those demons around itself to aid in your demise.

Name: Living Dead
Description: In certain areas that seem clear of danger, or grave yards, these restless souls pop out from the ground below, or from walls on your side to attack. Of course when theirs one their is many other to follow, becasue they always attack in packs of 20 or more. They can fall from any attack easily, but soon rise again unless they are killed by fire elemental damage. This is their only weakness.

Name: Banshees
Description: Low flying spirits that do highpitched scream attacks which will stun, knockback, and cause minor damage. Very easily killed, but annoying.

Name: Gretchins
Description: Little goblin creatures that follow Banshees doing various elemental damage, as well as minor physical. As a added bonus they can steal gold, healing pots, gems, keys, scrolls, runes, and/or life and mana.

Bosses

Name: Malform the Abomination
Description: This unique Elemental boss was created from a master Warlock, somewhere along the lines, the link to control it was severed, and it lashed out on its master and killed him. Within this elemental is the bone remains of the once powerful warlock. Malform attacks with novas of every element, as well as physical, and magical. Increadibly high tolerence for all elements and phyical damage, at the same time all damage done to it is instantly cut in half. A special attack it is capable of is called the Prismatic Flare. A multicolored orb shoots into the air above it, and like chain lightning attacks every fighter with every type of damage possible at once. After this attack, if you survive, Malform will not move or attack for 10 seconds, and all damage to it is doubled at this time. After the 10 seconds is up it attacks with its Prismatic Nova. This nova will cause massive elemental damage, and knockback. If you are the unfortunite one that does not get knocked back, the Warlock within Malform, reaches out and pulls you into itself. You will take 1 massive hit of a random element, and then spit out. After Malforms high life points are depleted, the elemental body will fade away leving the dead remains of the Warlock behind.

Name: Sir Rahdima Zartor
Description: Said to be the greatest of the Zakarum knights, was betrayed by a fellow knight and his wife. In his rage he slaughtered almost every last one of them. Realizing what he had done, he ran off into the night never to be seen again. Stories said that he made a pact with Diablo for his soul to forget the pain he had caused. In doing so he was driven mad.
When you and your party confront this fallen knight, his split personality will take form for every member in the party (including minions, and hirelings) he will make another clone of himself. Each clone will have maxed holy shield, a various unique weapon(that will drop after its death) and each will have its own aura, skills, and attack method. The key here is the weaker, and lessin your party when the clones take form the easier it will be for you to win.

Name: Champions of Time
Description: Long ago when their was a hero who had accomplished a great many deeds, he was immortalized with a statue of its likeness. Mephisto looking for the greatest of protectors sent out his corrupt council to kill the living heros, and steal their souls. Each statue was imbued with the soul of its champion. These eight statues line the walkway to Liliths throneroom. Once passing by the four figures on the left and right, these sotne works come to life to protect their mistress. Thier is one for every character class, with a certain random build design. You could be fighting against a Hammerdin, Bone Necro, Wind Druid, Trapsin, Fire Sorc, Javazon, Wirlwind Barb, and as a added surpise a minion that will be immune to physical, or elemental monster that will do nothing but magical damage.

Will only be a boss in Hell Difficulty
Name: Same as Player Character (Known as Dopplegangers)
Description: Before the final fight, each hero is seperated from its party to appear before mirrors (1 mirror for each skill you have 1 point in or more) Within each mirror is a image of yourself. These images come to life and fight you using every skill you have. Everything is the same, life, skills, mana, stats, charms, and of course weaknesses. EVERYTHING!
If your character is weak vs poison then so are the Dopplegangers, only problem is their are more of them then their are of you. Who can win in a battle against themself?
After doing more then half damage to each clone they will form into one minion. If you happen to deplete one or more Dopplegangers life completely they are destroyed. If you do not when all form into one being the life, mana, damage, casting rates, ect are compounded. You will most likely face a minion stronger then the final boss. If you win against this you are granted a choice, double life, mana, or damage. If you die you can never fight within Hell difficulty with the same character ever again.

OhManTfe

Member!
Reaction score
Xacu said:
I have noticed that a few people have said that Diablo's soulstone was not destroyed. It was! After you have killed Diablo you take the portal to Harragath (assuming you have LoD) and you get 2 cinamatics. The first 1 shows a blue and then a red soulstone being destroyed. The red 1 is Diablo's!
Yes it is true what Xacu says all three soulstones have been destroyed.

chupathingy

Reaction score
i think the last boss should be lucifer coming to take control of hell while there is confusion after the defeat of the prime evils

pluch002

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
is there?

is there a dfinate fact d3 is going to come out i dont care about when it comes out i a mcaring about WHEN it comes out

ascendeddragon

Reaction score
diablo 3 boss

I think that the storyline will continue with belilal or amzodan killing the other in hell and then wanting to take over the mortal world, he takes the shards of baal mephisto and diablo's soulstone thinking that he could combine them to absorb the power that they still had, but then when they were combined, the black abyss (what originaly created the seven evils i think) poured out from the soulstone and morphed into a monster of pure evil