Diablo III Inventory System/Vendor System

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
Ah..interesting idea, but that could complicate things too much. I think that it should just stick to the good old Private Stash :)

d2-lover

Member!
Reaction score
agree with u fireomen92. but how many off these quests u want??
and how mush invetory quest u think it shall be?
and what u think shall be the max invetory`^^?

Sonic_Moronic

Member!
Reaction score
Venice_native said:
I want user shops. Make more players be able to play in one game, and create their own shop.
Spmething like Puzzle Pirates?

Or maybe even Supreme Destiny?

bubbe

Member!
Reaction score
Quests for bags would be fine BUT you should only be able to wear a maximal weight.
But if you base that on your str spellcaster would not be able to wear much items.
One thing can be magical bags (NWN anyone? :p) which reduce the weight and then you would be able to wear more as a spellcaster too.
These bags would cost more then normal bags so str-based class have an advantage there to.

it's just all about balance :p

Trang_lord

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
thatd be cool

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
Yeah Im familiar with the NWN bags. I dont think this whole weight thing should be involved in D3, it would complicate things to the point where youd start making monkey noises. "Omg yay! A shako just dropped" *tries to pick it up* YOU ARE OVER ENCUMBERED. . . rawr. Besides that it would just make the game annoying. I do like the idea though, of being able to turn your items, but if you think about it, the D2 inventory system is like a backpack and you wouldnt be able to turn a sword 1x4 ways in a backpack would you?

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
If you have a 4x10 space, then you should be able to fit a 1x4 sword in there with 1x6 spaces left over, at least. Let's not talk about realism, if that were the case you wouldn't have something that can hold more than it's normal volume. If we were talking about realism, there would be a third demension to the inventory.

bubbe

Member!
Reaction score
in reality you don't meet walking skeleton who casts fire on you!

Shadow_Drifter

Member!
Reaction score
being a fantasy game you cant count on realism... hell i would be severly annoyed with the fact that by wearing plate armour, you cant pick anything else up due to weight limitations.

I think rotating items should be in though, it sucked when you would find a rare item and by the time you cleared enough space some jerk picked it up.

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
Yeah now that I think about it, item rotation would be good. I guess it is just a fantasy game and anything can happen.

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
I remember a game called Arcanum which wasn't half bad (eh) and one of the cool things about that game's inventory was that you could press a SORT button or something and it would sort your items in such a way that it created more space in your inventory. Very cool I think Dungeon Siege 2 also has that.

Reaction score
McGorilla said:
I remember a game called Arcanum which wasn't half bad (eh) and one of the cool things about that game's inventory was that you could press a SORT button or something and it would sort your items in such a way that it created more space in your inventory. Very cool I think Dungeon Siege 2 also has that.
self-repair scrolls =D that way you dont have to take a trip into town to repair things

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
Perhaps make them cost more to repair on the go than in town? That would be convient, but in todays diablo, your in town at the beginning of the game, whether it be mf running or baaling. You have time to repair if you really need it.

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
Yeah, Repairing Scrolls would just take up space that could be used to carry some rad gear. Maybe it could be a skill that all characters have and the level of the skill is determined by your strength and dexterity. Hm..I might be onto something..

Wouldnt it be cool if there were Statistic Skills or something like that where when a certain stat reaches a certain level, you get a special skill. For example, the REPAIR thing above;

Strength and Dexterity Level 30 - Repair skill level 1
Strength and Dexterity Level 50 - Repair skill level 2

etc.

something like that?

Or for a sorceress or spellcaster you could have something like:

Energy Level 35: 10% faster cast rate

There could be hundreds of these "sub-skills" which constantly pop up and change as you progress through the game. No longer would you only look forward to getting a new skill and stats, but a new skill, stats and a super radical skill (WARNING: May not be as super and radical as I make them out to be)