Diablo III Inventory System/Vendor System

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
Hey, please post all of your ideas for Inventory Systems, and Vendor Systems here! Have fun, hope to be hearing from you soon!

Hamtaro

Official Forum Hamster
Reaction score
It should be like the Nez mod but more..... advanced.

:rolleyes: :susp:

L

Laharl

I kinda like that idea, Fire. How about it starts similar to Diablo II 1.11's inventory's size and at the end it's almost identical to that of Nezeramontias?

de-loused

Member!
Reaction score
Big-Fat-Homo said:
I kinda like that idea, Fire. How about it starts similar to Diablo II 1.11's inventory's size and at the end it's almost identical to that of Nezeramontias?
Yeah it should be more like nez's setup...

and I think the stash should have at least 2 pages of space... that would be helpfull...

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
Hm..It has to be vaguely realistic though..you cant have 6 thousand blocks of space in your stash. Hmm..but I do like the idea of a growing space. Possibly your mercs should be able to carry a bit of gear too!

stephen149

Member!
Reaction score
They should have a mailing system so that you can mail items to your storage chars(i forget what they're called). I know it's like WoW but in most D3 articles, they have pointed out that D3 will have many aspects of WoW in it.

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
stephen149 said:
They should have a mailing system so that you can mail items to your storage chars(i forget what they're called). I know it's like WoW but in most D3 articles, they have pointed out that D3 will have many aspects of WoW in it.
Okay..show us these articles please.

As for your idea, it sounds alright, 'mailing' could be useful indeed.

I think that you should be able to have more than one layer of armour - one light, one heavy. Also, when you put on new gloves or boots, you should be able to see the difference IMO, that could be nice. I think layering armour could work, but might be a bit confusing.

stephen149

Member!
Reaction score
Ok maybe I shouldn't have said "most" articles. But there have been some that I have read that said there will be aspects of WoW in the game. I can't remember where I saw it, but I saw it this morning lol. And yea layers of armour would be confusing. For me at least.

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
I would like it to be along the lines of a NPC in the town(s) that they can hold your unused gear for a cost. Look at it like a bank, you have no room to keep your gear so you hand it over to a merchant to store, then when you want to take it out their is a small charge in gold.
Any character within the same account can scroll threw the items held by the NPC and choose what item to take out. On the otherhand, if you want to xfer gear to another account you can simply type in your account name and password (same as logging into bnet) of the other account. Drawback is, when the account is deleted, so is the gear from the NPC banker, same as if you were to delete the account manulally without xfering the gear, you would loose all said gear.
Another good feature as stated before, have the merc be able to carry some gear, as well as pots so it can heal itself as well.
Now every good thing will have it's drawbacks, and these should be, that the NPC merchant that holds gear, can only hold a certain amount, that increases with overall account lvl. So, someone who has 1 lvl 99 character and the rest that are lvl 1 can hold less then someone who has all lvl 80+ characters. Look at this the same as your gold carry capiblity which increases with lvls.
Quests to increase inventory size is a great idea, but IMO I think this would suit the merc better, to finally match the inventory size of your own character in the end.

Now the vendors, they should cater to the character class you are using at the time. Case in point if it's your first character, as a a Paladin, who wants to see a vendors inventory full of sorc orbs.
Another option is, to have a choice to see items geared to a perticular class. This could be done as easily as having a seperate tab when chooseing to speak to the Merchant. This would in the long run, allow for less NPC's in towns to run to when needing items.
Another idea, maybe not as good or fine tuned, would be to have a NPC merchant in town, that would actually go and trade for you. You will state what item you are looking for, and what you are willing to pay. If you find the item you want the NPC will notify the other player of a offer. You can then look at the item threw the NPC inventory, and choose if you want sai item. This would cut down maybe even eliminate trade scams. This would also stop the missing out of trade games since you do not need to change rooms. Possibly even eliminate trade games intirely to make room for other questing and lvling games.
Another option would be to have a quest to save someone who later becomes a thief in each town area, this NPC will get you anything in any other merchants inventory within that town, for a price.The price for such items will be random, such as gold, pots, gear, maybe even a side quest for a item. This could be cheaper in the long run, or could even make things difficult for you.

stephen149

Member!
Reaction score
Well, I got lazy and kinda skimmed the rest of that post lol. But from what I read, you think there should be a banking system where any char on one account can access it? So for example, if I make a pally and a sorc, items that my pally puts in the bank can be accessed by my sorc, and any other char I create in the future. Sounds like a good idea to me. I really like that idea actually

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
Yeah very clever ideas, and yes, I did read it all. I really like the Pawn Shop and Character Vendor ideas *claps*.

As for the article things, nothing is for sure, so how can they say that there will be XYZ in D3?

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
stephen149 said:
Well, I got lazy and kinda skimmed the rest of that post lol. But from what I read, you think there should be a banking system where any char on one account can access it? So for example, if I make a pally and a sorc, items that my pally puts in the bank can be accessed by my sorc, and any other char I create in the future. Sounds like a good idea to me. I really like that idea actually
Yeppers, you got it, and thanks I guess.

McGorilla said:
Yeah very clever ideas, and yes, I did read it all. I really like the Pawn Shop and Character Vendor ideas *claps*.

As for the article things, nothing is for sure, so how can they say that there will be XYZ in D3?
Nothing is finalized till it actually ships and is being played by millions, even then they could drop a patch and change it all. Oh and ty too. I have other ideas, that I will fine tune and post later.

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
Okay cool please be quick you are very clever..Pale horse..who are you? You used to be someone else i think..? Dark Matter?? Umm..this is kinda off topic

Another random thing.. GAMBLING and other vendor associated things. What do you think vendors should be able to do besides gambling and selling stuff? Stuff like the Pawn Shop. Cmon guys, bring some good ideas! :)

Shadow_Drifter

Member!
Reaction score
I think that as far as your character goes, space should still be limited (you cant carry say 2 tons of steel in a backpack) so maybe a weight ratio to char strength?

You should still have your stash, but maybe after a certain boss (like end of act 2) you should get a small chest key (instead of one box have multiple boxes). each key opens a box to a maximum of one main chest and 3 smaller chests (normal hard and nightmare). This would satisfy most storage needs.

I for one would like to see detailed items ON CHARACTER (like each armour has a unique look not just color) also say you have a sword (sheathed) and sheild (slung to your back) while your holding a bow.

Also I would like to see an alchemist vendor that allows you to mix certain ingredients you gather with potions for extra effects (rare components will allow a perminant boost to health or something like that). Say mixing a Stamina Potion, Exploding Potion and a Ruby will make a stamina potion that while you run you have the blaze (its been a while) spell on you so that fire appears at your feet.

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
I like all those ideas, especially the alchemist idea. The blaze thing you talk about is really clever, I think the whole alchemist thing could be vastly expanded on. Thanks for the good ideas again!

stephen149

Member!
Reaction score
I would hate it if there was a weight thing put in. Knight Online does that and that game sucks lol. I really hope they don't do that. Other than that though, good ideas. The alchemist thing could work with a Horadric Cube. And the detail on character models definately should be in there. The graphics on D3 will be sick so I don't see why they wouldn't put that in.

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
Hm. I hope the graphics arent AMAZING like most games nowadays. It will just cause too much lag and general annoyance. Actually, I think the graphs should be goodish, but have more optional Resolutions and graphic enhancers.

Acid Reign

Member!
Reaction score
If anyone is familiar with Ultima Online or even cheesy Runescape, then you would be in touch with the concept of having a bank. A bank located in each major city would be sweet. A way to tie quests in with bank space (fireomen92) would be to do certain quests the bank members would assign you. The harder the task, the more space granted. There would have to be a limit though... You shouldn't be able to store 500 axes and 200 shields and 16,000 rings. Maybe each item could have a set number of "Bank Weight" points or something.