Diablo III has yet to be announced.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
It's official. Diablo III has not been announced yet. There have been numerous pictures circulating around, but they have been going around since the days of Diablo I. There have also been rumors of websites being dedicated to it. While true, they hold no merrit. IGN.com and other sites have Diablo III and Starcraft II as placeholders, among MANY other games.

The release date on those pages isn't the release date. It's the expected time that Blizzard will announce the games, and when Blizzard thinks they will be released. For instance, say a site says "Diablo III, Release date TBA 2006"

This is basically saying that they expect Diablo III's release date to be announed sometime in 2006. Not that it's comming out in 2006, but that sometime in 2006, we should know when it will be released.

Edit: Nothing about Diablo III is known to this date. No body ( unless Blizzard knows ) is even sure if there is going to be a Diablo III. No one knows if you're going to be in a pre-Diablo I era, or a post Diablo II era, or even an era in between the two.

Please, help me by not making the same thread over and over and over again. It's been covered a million times now.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
it will likely be shown at E3. blizz has a habit of not only releasing games late, but announcing them early

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
E3's over. All they showed was WoW crap, and SC:G

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I expect it to be sometime in 2007 now that I think about it. Also, if memory serves, a Blizzard Support Guy recently said in D2 General that Diablo III was in the works. So, I wonder.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
They also said a SC2 was in the works before Brood Wars came out ;)

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
not this years E3, next years. 2006 they will likely reveal either D3 or SC2 for maybe 2007-2008

whiteboy1069

Reaction score
You guys think it will be that early i think it will be more 2009-2010 you have to remember blizzard likes to take their time

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Pan said:
not this years E3, next years. 2006 they will likely reveal either D3 or SC2 for maybe 2007-2008
Yeah, I thought you ment the E3 that just ended like, last week. My bad. Hopefully they have something to show other than a shitty game, and a crappy addon to a crappy game.

Garbonzo

Member!
Reaction score
if ur so sick of new threads bout D3 why go and make just one more that will be over looked by some noob who googled D3 and makes a new thread...

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Garbonzo said:
if ur so sick of new threads bout D3 why go and make just one more that will be over looked by some noob who googled D3 and makes a new thread...
...Why not?

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Thats what the asylum is for.

Garbonzo

Member!
Reaction score
indeed...i think this should be sticky to stop more ppl from askin bout d3 date ^-^

Mist

Member!
Reaction score
WoW will be Blizzard's posterboy and lovechild for at LEAST two more years. It's given blizzard more success than they've ever had in their entire history, ever. A lot has changed since blizzard made kick ass SNES games and were all about in-depth plot. Now they have money to make, and unfortunately WoW's nature is such that it requires constant patching, upgrading, service, attention, etc. it's not like they could just release it then start spending their money on other things. Maintaining WoW is a BIG damn job. So I doubt blizz will use any extra resources to even think about working on diablo 3, let alone risking the release of another game so soon as if it could possibly follow-up WoW.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
WoW has nothing to do with Diablo. Just because WoW is made by the same company, doesn't mean shit. WoW is maintained off a group outside Cali somewhere. D2 is split between somewhere in Massachusits (spelling, sue me) and Hawaii.

GG

thy

Reaction score
They also said a SC2 was in the works before Brood Wars came out
sc2 is coming out for sure, its a MASSIVE game that will add to the blizzard sucess. d3 is coming out, but it could be anytime from '06 to mid-late '07. in my opinion, diablo 3 will be one of the most anticipated game releases ever. think of d2 and d2 lod? were you at the stores? shelves were empty for a very long while and crowds lined up for like a ***in mile the night before

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Actually, Halo 2. Halflife 2. Doom 3. Warcraft III. Guild Wars. Populas 2. Black and WHite.

All of those havae a larger fanbase than Diablo III has. Before they came out at least.

MorphReader2

Member!
Reaction score
I have a feeling that Diablo 3 is going to come sooner then Starcraft 2. The warcraft series jsut had a release and they are working on a starcraft game, so whats logically next? you guessed it, Diablo 3. maybe logic isn't the way to go on this one, but maybe it is. And im sure a lot of people from Diablo and Diablo 2 would go onto Diablo 3. my guess is that they will announce Diablo 3 at either E3 in 2006 or 2007, that or they announce a Starcraft 2 or a Warcraft (whatever number is next)

"Blizzard has stated that they will re-visit the Diablo franchise sometime in the future. As well as the Starcraft PC franchise. I loved Diablo 2 and I know some friends that still play it. There's no reason why Blizzard would abandon such a huge installed fanbase that they have. Not only would be it bad business practice, it would also mean that it would give a reason for EA to buy out Blizzard Ent. Then we can start to get worried about crappy titles. But for now, yes they will."
That quote is from http://forums.firingsquad.com/firingsquad/board/message?board.id=pc&message.id=2705