Diablo II Tournaments

oneyedMan

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Some of you may have noticed new stuff under your names, this is because regular Tournaments will be starting for Wc3, Diablo II, Starcraft and maybe CS. For more information go here

The purpose of this thead is for all you Diablo II players to discuss any ideas you may have on how the Tournaments should be held. All ideas will be considered

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
for d2 maybe we could have an "official" diablo 2 battleforums channel,then ppl will have 1v1 dueling matches like best of 5,and they have to post a screenie showing "namehere" was slain by "name here" 5 times?

just an idea

just edited- or we could have something like to see who has the highest lvl char @ bf?

Khull

Premium Member
Reaction score
A duel would be the more ideal...but it feels like we would be excluding some people somehow.

We could always have a contest. For Example: Who can get to level 75 first contest! or something.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Have everyone get new characters, and make everyone spend an hour lvling then have them duel when the hour is done.

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
thats what an ironman contest is pan :D,we allrdy had one it took about 2 hours for the lvling tho , but it was fun

life_source

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
there should be several different d2 tournaments.

a low level dueling, mid level dueling, full out pvp, who can get to X level fastest, iron man contest, who can trade the best (give everyone X ammount of Y item, after a day see what they end up with? something along those lines)

this gives alot more people the ability to participate, other then just the people who have strong pvp/mf chars.

_CM

Respected Member
Reaction score
actually it took only 39 minures to get me to lvl 9 in the iron man tournament .. so the tourney is about an hour

DrizztPie

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ehe

I have a great straegy, i have more than 3 cd-keys, and i use em to run 3 clients. Get a pure wc barb and enchant sorc, bo your sorc and new char, sorc enchants level 1 (while having bo and all wc stuff, and level 1 can kill andy in a couple of hits. I can get to level 20 in 30 min or less :) On a lucky day with no lag

EDIT: TO keep this on topic, I think A biggger iron man would be cool, like instead of just one game, maybe like 3 or 4 if we get enough people, until we get a champ :D

Guru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
No kids, this an actual dueling tournament, so you will actually be dueling with your actual characters instead of making lower lvl ones. Otherwise is as testing your ability to play a lvl 10 character as opposed to a normal character.

For rules, I suggest we just copy someone elses and edit it.

Flaming_Newbie

Member!
Reaction score
this is gonna be horrid if we allow people above lvl 50 to duel. In the world of diablo, who ever has the best items wins. If you don't have botd,cta,engima,hoto,exile you might as well not even participate.

@ coolmission 39 mins?!? Damn thats a long time for lvl 9. How many ppl were in the game?

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
The iron man tourney was fun, but I'd rather see people dueling at their best. You say those who have the best gear will win? You're so wrong. You can have the best of the best gear, and die in one hit. Gear just helps. It boils down to how good you are at building characters and manuevering them, etc. Strats has enough guides for everyone to make awesome PvP characters too.

Either way I'd like to see a lvl 85-90 PvP contest. By then you should have your character built fully, skill wise.

Guru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
no, im pretty sure gear is a part of it. That is why my barb with a short sword at lvl 94 would get killed by a lvl 80 barb with a BotD and no skill points placed

but then again, thats what diablo is about. I also want to duel 80+

Flaming_Newbie

Member!
Reaction score
anyone with a brain can duel in diablo. You said how good you are a building your chars? 20 ww 20 to ax mastery 20 to bo and 20 to shout... WOW i got a gawdly ww barb. What it REALLY boils down to is 1) who has the most gear and 2) who has the best senergys

Flaming_Newbie

Member!
Reaction score
lmfao inc speed?!?! thats what fast run/walk scs are for and shout adds more defense than ironskin

Anyway back on topic: suggestions on rules: slow shouldn't be allowed, along with holy freeze and no life tap either.

Slow is just gay in melee and so is holy freeze. Life tap shouldn't be allowed because it just makes the duel come down to who ever gets life tap on the other person first wins.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
I wouldn't mind helping out and judging OEM, but I'm not in much of a mood to participate this round.

Guru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Flaming_Newbie
lmfao inc speed?!?! thats what fast run/walk scs are for and shout adds more defense than ironskin
I don't care if I'm going off topic, but this is a perfect example of people not knowing how to make barbs.