Diablo forum reformation

kinkarso

ex-admin
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Also a warning. If you're going to merge any forums, or change the name of any forums, it completely changes our SEO rankings, meaning traffic to those pages in the changed forum will no longer be there. We'll have to get it re-indexed, which may take months. Please refrain from merging forums or changing their names if you can.

Thanks,
Donny

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh, ouch..sorry about that! If I remember right, some SEO software has the ability to automatically redirect links (for example..if I rename a forum, the old link will redirect to the new)? I think I remember using that option on VBSEO long ago, may be something to look into. Though I think it's too late for the section I already merged. Again..sorry about that :(

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
For now if you like, I can make redirects that don't show on the index..but will link back to the new location. Should be simple to do, if you think that'll help the google thing for now.

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol k. :) Next time I'll be a bit more careful though.

-Joe

Galatia

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Excellent job, guys!!! It was about time to have a professionally run Diablo section!! Special praise for the rules: very well written, should be used as guideline for the general forum rules.
Thank you!

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
I have to agree, those are really great rules. We could use them as a general guide, if it's okay with you Blackwing. I was going to revamp them anyway..our current ones (and no offense chris :p) are a bit long and not quite as concise as these.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
I dont have any problem with rule modifications. People weren't going to read them anyways. I rather people get banned for the reasons they know instead of the reasons they don't. And I rather save my long posts for staff sections and big decisions.

As for the Diablo forum itself, the real trouble here is maintenance more than it is getting new members and new posts.

Diablo III for instance must be constantly tracked on. The moment one little bit of information is released, we must get it. If there is information nobody else is doing and its useful, we exploit it. The problem is, the Diablo III well is deep, we just dont send people to "get the water".

Diablo II can still be retained. Mainly providing services or stuff like that, and make a Diablo II community would be nice (like a group of players and shit).

For instance, I play PSO:BB. There is a link to the site and forum on my sig. There is enough people who play that game that:

• There are active sections about the topic - the game itself.
  • There is a forum for trades, selling and buying items, people do trades like that all the time
  • They even give information on the status on the server. If it fails, it posts it. Sometimes it takes too long for it to get back up

We can do something like that, but offer more - like mercenary work and shit. Guy needs to be rushed, one guy offers it and in return - simply tells others or something. As long as 1 person is retrieved from this, its a result.

torrid mind

Diablo Forum ******
Reaction score
Hmmm...
Well these forums could use all the help they can get.
Must I mention that I have been completely inactive for the last few months?
The cops are holding my computer as evidence, so all the guides I was working on are in a box somewhere in Hayward.
Fail.
I would like to mention, the way I found these forums was searching for hacks. I think most of the people who posted in the day were here for that.
Good luck.
I'm stuck on the crackberry till this court shit sorts itself out.

Tyrael

Ready Yourself
Reaction score
Congratulations for being epically slow to hear the call to arms. ALL of this has basically been resolved.

torrid mind

Diablo Forum ******
Reaction score
I'm not answering any "call to arms." There is nothing I can do. Just sayin' I guess...
So like I said, good luck.
I see BIG changes are being made.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
The cops are holding my computer as evidence, so all the guides I was working on are in a box somewhere in Hayward.
oh torrid.

torrid mind

Diablo Forum ******
Reaction score
Shit happens.
Now if only I could hear your tone of voice....

torrid mind

Diablo Forum ******
Reaction score
Nah, the joker in the pack. A band called the adicts (yes one d)
I want to change it... I don't really listen to that band anymore...

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Congratulations for being epically slow to hear the call to arms. ALL of this has basically been resolved.
Yeah well, I've been gone for about a few months because of work and Bachelor decisions.

From what I have seen when I finally had the brain cells to check what was going on, that section seems to be sorted out.

Now all thats left is the massive Warcraft section overhaul.