Guide to Annihilus Charm Finding How to Kill the Diablo Clone By: Hoarshade (All Credit Goes To Him- www.diablo-trader.com) There is 4 parts to this guide: 1) Introduction 2) How to make a character that is able to kill the Diablo Clone 3) How to find Diablo Clone 4) How to kill the Diablo Clone Item setups will be this : Colour Part 1: Introduction You first must understand a few basic things. The unique charm called the Annihilus charm is only dropped by a character that is named the Diablo Clone (known as Uber Diablo by some, but for this guided I will refer to him as Diablo Clone, or DC). Many people have no clue how to find this monster, so therefore have no idea where to get their own Annihilus charm (or as I will refer to it, the Anni). It is not very difficult to do this, and on average, depending on time spent hunting the Diablo Clone, should be able to find anywhere from 2-5 Annis a day. At first it might be confusing, but once you get the hang of it, you can easily find DC, kill him, and get your very own Anni charms. This guide will tell you how to make a character that can successfully find and kill DC. Part 2: Make a Diablo Clone Killer Some people wonder if a specific type of character and equipment is needed to kill the Diablo Clone (DC), and the answer is yes. You must understand that some characters that are good at PvP (playerVSplayer, duels) or MvP (monsterVSplayer) may be terrible DC killers. I can tell you that the character I use for killing DC is very good at it, but gets destroyed in duels against other players. This is due to the fact that DC is unlike any other monster you have faced before Before I talk about what character and equipment to make, you know about DC: DC has the following resistances: -95% to cold -95% to fire -95% to poison -95% to lightning -50% to magic -50% to physical. -About 650,000 life -Monster level of 110 -Very high attack rating and defense -Does high amounts of physical, lightning and fire damage By just looking at these stats, you should be able to figure out a few things: Notice DC has 95% resistances to fire, lightning and cold, making any sorceress virtually useless against him. You may have the best sorceress ever, but it will not be an effective DC killer. The best way to kill him would be to make a character that either does lots of physical or magic damage, since those are his two lowest resists. There is however, a third way to kill DC quickly and effectively. This third way is the way I chose because it not only kills DC quickly, but also doesn't require expensive or elite gear. This third way, and in my opinion the best way, is using gear that adds the mod Crushing Blow. Crushing Blow works like this: "Crushing Blow gives a % chance of reducing a monster's remaining hit points by a certain %. It removes hit points based on the monsters current hit points, not maximum hit points. Normal monster: 1/4 Melee, 1/8 Ranged Attack. Other: 1/10 Melee, 1/20 Ranged Attack." For our purposes, we need to look at the melee part of other, other includes other characters in duels and boss monsters, and DC counts as a boss monster (others are Baal, regular Diablo, Duriel, ect.). You may be thinking that 1/10 (10%) of DC's hit points isn't very much, but remember, he has about 650,000 life, and 10% of that is 65,000, and 65000 damage is probably way more than any of your current melee characters can do. Also, you must know that Crushing Blow (CB) stacks, so if you have lets say 15% CB on your armor, and 15% on your weapon, it adds to 30% CB, so 30% of the time you will take 10% of DC's life away. This is why CB is extremely powerful against monsters with an insane amount of life, such as DC. Because CB stacks, the goal is to get a total 95% CB when CB is added together from all of your gear. (note: you cannot have 100% crushing blow, it caps at 95% like everything else in the game, notice you cannot have 100% or 0% of anything, even with a level 99 character with a high attack rating, you sill only have 95% chance to hit a quill rat in normal, and also if you are level 1 with 0 defense, hell Ball will still only have a 5% chance to hit you, so because of this, anything over 95% CB still acts as 95% CB.) There is one problem with CB, if you read the definition of it carefully, you will notice it said: "It removes hit points based on the monsters current hit points, not maximum hit points." This means that once DC gets very low on life, CB will become less and less effective. (I've noticed that once he gets to about 1/3 of his life, CB isn't much of a help anymore) This is why you will notice it that while using CB the first 2/3 of his life will go away quickly, then that last 1/3 is the hardest part. This means you will need to do a decent amount of physical damage to finish him off Now to the part about building your character Lots of people have different opinions on this. I can only tell you what I have experienced, and the character I have can kill DC in a little over 1 minute. There is, in my opinion, 3 kinds of characters that will kill DC the quickest. The three are a Frost Zealot with Crushing Blow, a Concentration Barbarian with Crushing Blow, and a Hammerdin. The first two concentrate on using Crushing blow, obviously, as the main way to do damage to DC. The Hammerdin does massive amounts of magic damage, so is also an effective DC killer. How should you pick which character to make? Well, it will depend on what type of character you prefer, melee for the 2 crushing blow builds, and a caster for the Hammerdin. Also, Hammerdins can be quite expensive to build a very good one, and the crushing blow builds, especially the frost zealot, can be successful with a lot cheaper gear. It really just depends on your personal preference and what gear you already have. One other important thing to think about is the use of a prevent monster heal weapon. DC has a very annoying ability to regenerate his life, so if you cannot kill him quickly, you will he find starts to replenish his life. You can either put a weapon with PMH in your weapon switch, or put on your merc (bonehew is a very nice merc weapon for this). You would only need to hit DC once with your PMH weapon, and then as long as you don't leave the area, he won't be able to regenerate. Build 1: Frost Zealot with Crushing Blow This is the type of character I use for killing DC. Like I said before, I have found it very effective. This is a Paladin that's main attack is Zeal, and uses the Holy Freeze aura as its main aura. I also like using a paladin better than a barbarian because CB works with smite, which means you can use smite to get DC down to 1/3 of his life very quickly because you will always hit. What skills to get: 20 points into Sacrifice (adds bonus to zeal) 20 points into Zeal (main attack) 20 points into Holy Freeze (used to slow down DC) 1 to Charge (to get right next to DC quickly) All extra points into Holy Shield (increases blocking and defense) You can choose to put a few points into salvation if you need resistances Notice, all of these skills, with just 1 into Holy shield and all pre reqs, you can get to it by about level 67, but depending on gear requirements you should finish your character and could start DC hunting around level 80. (mine is currently level 82 due to req on my weapon which I will talk about later) What stats to get: Strength: enough to equip your gear, for me this was 158 on my armor, remember to factor in +strength items on your gear Dexterity: enough to get max blocking when you have holy shield on, for me this was 124, so just wait till you get holy shield, and then keep putting points into dex until you have 75% blocking Vitality: everything else goes here Energy: none Gear Setup: (ideal gear first, then other options listed afterwards) -Weapon: I have found that the best weapon to use is the Stormlash, unique scourge. It has fast attack speed, and also has 33% crushing blow. Depending on what realm, ladder or non, this weapon could be hard to get. If you cannot find or trade for one, I suggest you do the following: make the Black runeword out of a flail, scourge or knout. (it is cheap to make, requires the Thul Io and Nef runes, in that order) It has 40% crushing blow. Don't worry about the physical damage on it, since CB is an independent damage source. Once you get DC to 1/3 of his life, switch your weapon to one that has higher physical damage. Weapons that I would suggest would be Barnar's Star, Death Cleaver (ladder), Demon Limb or anything with decent damage and more importantly, fast attack speed. Remember, use your Black weapon first, then switch when DC is at 1/3 of his life and finish him off. -Armor: I use the Duress runeword; I put it in a boneweave for the high defense. The reason for this armor is that it has 15% CB, and also adds bonuses to your resistances and faster hit recovery. This is a very nice armor, and shouldn't be too hard to get, it requires a Shael, Um and Thul runes (socketed in that order). Once again, if you cannot get this armor, the only other armor that I would say to use is Rattlecage, the unique gothic plate. This armor is very cheap and will be easy to get, the reason to use it is because it adds 25% CB.