Diablo 3=WoW

Ultimate Empire

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Emperor Pan I, I won't debate this topic with you.

I would offer you the solace of knowing that the technical discussion of hacking will be kept in a separate sub-forum.

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
I have to say. I think hacking has a place in here to fill. It would be in a sub-forum and activity would be required to keep it open, if activity isn't present I would lock all threads after a trial period... to maintain our image.

The rules would be rather simple, no talking about in any way, hacking the online marketplace or transferring items from offline (hacked offline mode that is) to the online mode. That kind of talk would bring lawsuits from Blizzard and would be indicative of hacking a commerce site for profit... a very bad thing.

And I would greatly argue that hacking material WOULD bring a lot of visitors to our site. Previously old admins just allowed these one-time visitors to browse for the answer and then gtfo, but not here. We would pride ourselves on converting one-time members into lifelong visitors. I have the know how and you guys bring great content and community.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I have to say. I think hacking has a place in here to fill. It would be in a sub-forum and activity would be required to keep it open, if activity isn't present I would lock all threads after a trial period... to maintain our image.

The rules would be rather simple, no talking about in any way, hacking the online marketplace or transferring items from offline (hacked offline mode that is) to the online mode. That kind of talk would bring lawsuits from Blizzard and would be indicative of hacking a commerce site for profit... a very bad thing.

And I would greatly argue that hacking material WOULD bring a lot of visitors to our site. Previously old admins just allowed these one-time visitors to browse for the answer and then gtfo, but not here. We would pride ourselves on converting one-time members into lifelong visitors. I have the know how and you guys bring great content and community.
I assure you that you are heading in a very bad direction with this.

You have no retention. They've tried for 5 years to convert visitors into members. If they are readily available they take and leave. If they have to register and post a certain amount it's either spam or they go to where it is easier to get.

Don't follow the blueprint of the past, look where it's gotten the site.

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
I assure you that you are heading in a very bad direction with this.

You have no retention. They've tried for 5 years to convert visitors into members. If they are readily available they take and leave. If they have to register and post a certain amount it's either spam or they go to where it is easier to get.

Don't follow the blueprint of the past, look where it's gotten the site.
I had a different vision. I have worked on many websites in the past and a draw like hacking brings in a lot of eyeballs, then its about converting. To get members without eyeballs is much much harder. I have lot of experience in converting eyeballs to more regular visitors from other websites I have worked on and I even enjoy continually experimenting to improve these conversions. Honestly, previous owners of the forums have done a very bad job of this as an example for you guys to base this off of. I won't do a perfect job at the beginning but I will keep working to improve it until we make it work well.

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
I openly accept criticism of hacking though. Pan, your thoughts may reveal sections of hacking we direly need to stay away from, or point out sections of hacking that you think may be valuable. Let's keep the dialogue open and not get to frustrated with eachother

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I had a different vision. I have worked on many websites in the past and a draw like hacking brings in a lot of eyeballs, then its about converting. To get members without eyeballs is much much harder. I have lot of experience in converting eyeballs to more regular visitors from other websites I have worked on and I even enjoy continually experimenting to improve these conversions. Honestly, previous owners of the forums have done a very bad job of this as an example for you guys to base this off of. I won't do a perfect job at the beginning but I will keep working to improve it until we make it work well.
It's like I can see the iceburg, and you're yelling "full steam ahead!".

You aren't going to retain anyone, I can guarantee you this. You are going to alienate everyone who doesn't like hacks, and you won't be linked to by anyone. Anyone legit won't have you, and they produce better hits than hacking sites.

I mean, it's your choice though. Good luck on converting those 12 year olds looking for an unfair advantage.

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
It's like I can see the iceburg, and you're yelling "full steam ahead!".

You aren't going to retain anyone, I can guarantee you this. You are going to alienate everyone who doesn't like hacks, and you won't be linked to by anyone. Anyone legit won't have you, and they produce better hits than hacking sites.

I mean, it's your choice though. Good luck on converting those 12 year olds looking for an unfair advantage.
[Iceburg]... I'm asking for all thoughts before actually pushing threw with the subforum. But why would people not link to us if hacking is just a subforum that isn't shown prominence by the main forum. It functions as its own separate area.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
[Iceburg]... I'm asking for all thoughts before actually pushing threw with the subforum. But why would people not link to us if hacking is just a subforum that isn't shown prominence by the main forum. It functions as its own separate area.
I guess you've never tried to advertise battleforums have you?

Hacking forums can't advertise anywhere legit. You will get your links removed, and you will be laughed at for it. I speak specificly from experience. You also can't hold tournaments or other gaming events for obvious reasons based on legitamacy.

Octopor

your whole family is made of meat
Reaction score
why would the best thing for battleforums be to get more involved in competitive gaming, none of our members are even remotely close to being successful competitive gamers

right now there are 3 members offering to maintain a hacking section that could actually end up being better than anything offered elsewhere, which would mean for the first time in years we actually have a service to offer people who register on our site aside from paltry discussion

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
why would the best thing for battleforums be to get more involved in competitive gaming, none of our members are even remotely close to being successful competitive gamers
*cough*
<- Master league player

Octopor

your whole family is made of meat
Reaction score
unless master suddenly became grand master it doesn't really change much, not to mention there are already existing starcraft II competitive communities and no guarantee that anybody here will be amazing at whatever form of competitive gameplay that arises from d3

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
unless master suddenly became grand master it doesn't really change much, not to mention there are already existing starcraft II competitive communities and no guarantee that anybody here will be amazing at whatever form of competitive gameplay that arises from d3
Alright bud, you get into the top 2% in the NA and then you can complain it doesn't give me legitamacy in what I'm talking about.

And why bother trying to compete with D3scene, or the dozens of other Hacking communities which are already established, have hacks for other games and are poised to jump into D3. Your arguements can be used for both sides. At least you have legitamacy and a wider range to spread and advertise with competitive focus over offering cheats and exploits.

You also have more to offer with tournaments, news/coverage, replays, streaming, casting coaching etc. than just offering hacks which'll get you banned, and become obsolete as the game changes and time goes on.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
i really dont think hacking is wise to this new battle.net
if they are watching sc2 closely i am sure they will do the same with d3

Ultimate Empire

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
I discuss hacking because I enjoy the process of reverse engineering, not because I want to reap the benefits of it. I show the desire to have that discussion take place here, at BattleForums, because it is where we have done it before, from 2003-2005.

The old BF hacking forums really helped me learn a lot, and I credit them for a considerable amount of the knowledge I use today.