Diablo 3- Not Happening

fireomen92

Member!
Reaction score
Sorry to break it to you guys but Diablo 3 won't be happening. Around 2-3 years ago Blizzard were working on 2 projects. One said to be Diablo 3. Later they scrapped one. It is said that the scrapped project was Diablo 3. Anyways think about it. There is no point having a Diablo 3. The Prime Evils are dead. The Worldstone is shattered (meaning the barriers between Hell and Sanctury can't be broken). And The Soulstones have been destroyed. They could make it that Cain is a traitor but that would be a lame story line.

diablo_lover

Reaction score
why are you so negative, we can atleast hope for a d3, im sure they´ll find some way to continue the story...

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Negative. They never said they were working on D3 and then scrapped it. And if they did, provide us with proof. And not some random gamer site, I'm talking about either an interview from Bill Roper, or an official Blizzard document.

Also, there are plenty of storyline options still available. Tyreal could of been captured long ago, and Baal could of taken his place using his shapeshifting technique. He could of then made a clone of himself to oversee everything in A5, which is what you kill at the end of it...There are plenty of possiblities out there, you just gotta open your eyes

pluch002

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
fireomen92 said:
Sorry to break it to you guys but Diablo 3 won't be happening. Around 2-3 years ago Blizzard were working on 2 projects. One said to be Diablo 3. Later they scrapped one. It is said that the scrapped project was Diablo 3. Anyways think about it. There is no point having a Diablo 3. The Prime Evils are dead. The Worldstone is shattered (meaning the barriers between Hell and Sanctury can't be broken). And The Soulstones have been destroyed. They could make it that Cain is a traitor but that would be a lame story line.
the thing is that you sad that "It is said" that doesnt mean thats the project they dropped

fireomen92

Member!
Reaction score

pluch002

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
well i doubt itll cost money because isnt diablo free?? then again warcraft was free until WoW came out then wow coste d money because they need so many servers for so many people

sprucegoose

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
dont be such a negative nansy...there are plenty of ways to continue the story...i mean what if baal and andy had sweet secks and had kids or something? the story possibilities never end

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
God damn. You people are stupid.

The Warcraft series is still free. WC4 will be free also. WoW is it's whole own series. It's just set in the WC world.

The same will happen with Diablo, if they make d3. It will be free, or it will be called something else.

sunfire

Reaction score
fireomen92 said:
Sorry to break it to you guys but Diablo 3 won't be happening.
Wow where do people like this come from - this guy should have to donate $100 to the site for posting something SO WRONG as if he knows what he's talking about.

The Diablo 3 Team is currently working at Blizzard HQ - a couple of them were moved up when Blizzard North was closed, most of them were hired last year, only 1 of them worked on a previous Diablo release (and that was the D2 expansion). D3 will be a sequel to D2 and will be implemented in the same fashion but with MUCH improved graphics (still 3rd person) - think NWN2 vs NWN level. The need for improved oversight of D3 was part of the reason for the B-North closure. D3 will NOT be an MMO but will allow for Battle.net multiplayer a la previous versions. An MMO Diablo (which I would love to see) is off the table right now because Blizzard feels like to a large extent they would be hiring a new development team to compete with themselves (WOW). Expect the official announcement this May - possibly in an exclusive PC Gamer issue (this is still being negotiated). Don't expect a 2006 release however as some sites are posting (e.g. http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/diablo-iii/ ). X-mas 2006/7 to Q2 2007 is what I've been hearing.

Now as far as plot this is RUMOR - I heard that the premise is that there is a new leader of Hell and also a "turncoat" ArchAngel (which may be the same - I dont know) and the result has been an invasion of Heaven by the minions of evil. Once heaven falls - mortal Earth will be easy prey, yada yada yada .... again RUMOR.

For those that will call "BS" like the guy quoted above:

This account was largely correct (note we do share a source):
http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/diablo-3/diablo-3-trashed-116290.php

Also check Blizzard's employee list - you'll find a whole team including former Bliz-North peeps and the new hires from last year which are not assigned to any know project (hmm). Also, a couple musicians from Czech Republic have posted recently about being contracted to do recordings for Blizzard for the Diablo III score - I cant vouch for the authenticity of these claims but they match a location used to record the DII expansion soundtrack.

Finally, ask around the gaming community - obviously Blizzards' employees are under a nasty NDA but ask about D3 and you may get a smile, nod, or after a few dozen beers a little more concrete information.

I'm excited - I was never a huge Warcraft fan but I loved Diablo like so many others and would love to see a modern installment ... and an MMO but I said that already....

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
sunfire said:
Wow where do people like this come from - this guy should have to donate $100 to the site for posting something SO WRONG as if he knows what he's talking about.

The Diablo 3 Team is currently working at Blizzard HQ - a couple of them were moved up when Blizzard North was closed, most of them were hired last year, only 1 of them worked on a previous Diablo release (and that was the D2 expansion). D3 will be a sequel to D2 and will be implemented in the same fashion but with MUCH improved graphics (still 3rd person) - think NWN2 vs NWN level. The need for improved oversight of D3 was part of the reason for the B-North closure. D3 will NOT be an MMO but will allow for Battle.net multiplayer a la previous versions. An MMO Diablo (which I would love to see) is off the table right now because Blizzard feels like to a large extent they would be hiring a new development team to compete with themselves (WOW). Expect the official announcement this May - possibly in an exclusive PC Gamer issue (this is still being negotiated). Don't expect a 2006 release however as some sites are posting (e.g. http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/diablo-iii/ ). X-mas 2006/7 to Q2 2007 is what I've been hearing.

Now as far as plot this is RUMOR - I heard that the premise is that there is a new leader of Hell and also a "turncoat" ArchAngel (which may be the same - I dont know) and the result has been an invasion of Heaven by the minions of evil. Once heaven falls - mortal Earth will be easy prey, yada yada yada .... again RUMOR.

For those that will call "BS" like the guy quoted above:

This account was largely correct (note we do share a source):
http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/diablo-3/diablo-3-trashed-116290.php

Also check Blizzard's employee list - you'll find a whole team including former Bliz-North peeps and the new hires from last year which are not assigned to any know project (hmm). Also, a couple musicians from Czech Republic have posted recently about being contracted to do recordings for Blizzard for the Diablo III score - I cant vouch for the authenticity of these claims but they match a location used to record the DII expansion soundtrack.

Finally, ask around the gaming community - obviously Blizzards' employees are under a nasty NDA but ask about D3 and you may get a smile, nod, or after a few dozen beers a little more concrete information.

I'm excited - I was never a huge Warcraft fan but I loved Diablo like so many others and would love to see a modern installment ... and an MMO but I said that already....
thats a lot of speculation.

Hamtaro

Official Forum Hamster
Reaction score
That just wasted 5 minutes of my life and i know most of that crap from the other thread anyways-.-

Key_D2_Playa

Member!
Reaction score
I hav heard that instead of D3 coming out, there is gonna be a WoW expansion.

IDefy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I refuse to believe anything coming out of this forum release dates unless it's linked directly to an official blizzard site.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Yeah, but the "hero" was corrupted by his soulstone which reincarninated Diablo...

Neolch

Member!
Reaction score
At the end of Diablo 2.... didn't the angel dude destroy the Earth stone thus destroying the Earth? If that is the case... I don't see how they can make a Diablo 3 without an Earth, unless it's Diablo 3: Going to Mars.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Worldstone. Go read the diablo lore, or play the game and pay attention.

L

Laharl

Besides, who here honestly cares wheither or not it comes out? I certainly don't.