Diablo 3 Chars

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

djd87

People... I have read through all seven pages of this thread (sigh) and, in all honesty, very few plausible ideas have emerged. Most of you seem to want to completely revamp the whole Diablo system, raping it of its originality and crushing whatever appeal it had. This is clearly not going to happen; if you want sub-classes and vocations and fully customizable characters, then go play something more intricate like Baldur's Gate. As for new classes, most of the things you all have suggested are remarkably similar to existing classes or blatent rip-offs from other games. I agree, there should be a male mage of some sort, perhaps even with a holy or Divine undertone (like the Paladin). Personally, I would also like to see something more inhuman, e.g. a demon or unearthly creature of some sort. Naturally, having a demon as a playable character would create some conflict in the storyline, but the kinks can be worked out by the professional plot developers. Now, I feel my whole rant has been in vain, because it's unlikely that Blizzard Entertainment will ever release a third Diablo game. It is a company that prides itself on wildly popular games, and thus for fear of not being able to top its previous games, they probably wouldn't dare create a new one.

XxSocratesxX

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
That is where you are wrong. I beleive im not the only one who has seen that todays gaming success of blizzard was because of its predecessors. As i recall, Warcraft II did really good, and now Warcraft III does supor! good. I know they will make a third Diablo. I am 100 percent sure that almost one to none of our ideas will even show up. But its fun thinking this. I dont think you have the right to bag on peoples ideas. Its not in vain. All of these ideas are good(except for the generic ones) and let the damned people have their fun.

Because Diablo is original and not a generic EQ, it would be a cool idea to have a vampire character that doesnt rely on the normal rules. But what skills will you give it? Remember Diablo II had 600 skill points to distribute to MAX every skill...so thats about 200 a skill level, and thats 10 skills...so thats about 30 skills per character. Well trouble with a vampire is that there is not 30 traits to define it. Instead of calling these ideas worthless djd why dont you improve on them. And personally i would like to revamp the whole system. I would like Diablo to increase number of players per game from 8 to 15-16. Why not 64? doesnt matter. I would like to see the l33t weapons to be much harder to find. Instead of doing 10 mephy runs on Hell...i would like to see it go 25-30 runs with like 1000 mf. I want to see the whole SOJ=currency thing out in the trash. Whoever made that up is either an idiot or a greedy mofo. Why did Blizzard give us gold then? Buy normal weapons? Hah! like anybody even NEEDS normal weps and armor. Id like to complain that todays players who are all "mfers" have lost their gaming spirits. Instead of playing with players they spend 8-9 hours hunting for Skulders or something stupid like that. Bah...the rant is done.

DEAD_PeASENT

Member!
Reaction score
i think they should make a monk or some kung fu guy that uses no wepons, just his own fists.

Ps. socrates, STFU about ur rambling and all that shit nobody is going to read not even i did

lobeAza

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
mmmmmm

how about u hav a demon available like someone that was kicked out and joins the good guys. vampire is a must. old characters except changes a few things. how about a solid shapshifter someone that only changes in to animals eg eagel, gorlla, bear, wolf, lion, snake etc. i know its sought of a druid but this is just like somethin diferent.

i think there should be someone with the same kind of nature of decard cain. mmmmmm who else...... who else........

a female baberian thats can enchant its weopens and armour.

ill ad some more later

NickPengy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
How about a Paladin....
But it can morph into an angel and summon little demons.
Maybe a cool little dwarf thats like the barbarian that has a speical form of a bat.

:sly
:lucifer
:yum

irdamage

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
dwarf sounds interesting...but taht...pally...angel...thing...sounds like someone had a bad acid trip or something

simahama

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Dont know if this has been proposed yet coz i only read the first couple pages, but i would like to see some sort of healer class. maybe a white witch or something like that whose sole purpose is to cast healing/support spells on party members. perhaps spells that would temporarily up resistances, dmg, ar, defense, attack speed, etc. i think it would do more to encourage teams and more co-op play.

Atreyu101

Reaction score
here and there.. mostly here.. but sometimes there
Website
Visit site
okay , there are a few problems with a vampire.. they would need to be VERY close to the enemey for it to work - seeing as how vampires suck blood. i think that if necros have the ability to bring fallen mosters BACK to life.. they should be capable of healing and giving life! so ... if i have an army of Skels, then i should be able to heal them better. Life tap just doesn't cut it - and some sort of healing aura for a necro would be sooo awesome... it makes so much sense to me... and since i'm an all necro guy i'm more focused on him. but, like they really should make a fallen angel..it would be pretty cool that after defeating the game you get a pair of wings like the guy in act 4 ;) (i heard someone say that and i thought what an awesome char that would be) - Do you guys think they'd change the graphics of the game in D3? because there are so many games now that are like AnarchyOnline, or Dark age of Camelot... where its completely 3d, and the graphics exceed D2s by FAR! but.. what i'm getting to... is this: if they do that and they charged to play d3... would anyone play?! I dunno... i could TRY - but in anarchy online, i have chars that FLY ;) they'd have to REALLY do something cool to impress me necromancer wise.. maybe be a concentraited teleport! a list of all the places i've been and then send my life force there! a special list comes up at a certain level that you devel and you can create a special list so you can always be able to teleport to certain spots.. (that would be perfect for MFing - or rushing)

just some thinking

Plumpamania

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well lets see here...

A vampire is out of the question...I've said it before and Atreyu101's post proved my point:
"and since i'm an all necro guy i'm more focused on him. but, like they really should make a fallen angel..it would be pretty cool that after defeating the game you get a pair of wings like the guy in act 4 (i heard someone say that and i thought what an awesome char that would be)"

Do you know his name!?!? He is an INTRICAL part of the Diablo plot line and the reason why you go on from Act 2!!! Hell he has ITEMS NAMED AFTER HIM! This is why a thread like this should be closed or moved to the Noobies Only section. If you don't know the plot line of the Diablo genre why post about characters? The "VAMPIRE IS A MUST" line was hysterical...please IF YOU ARE GOING TO MAKE A NEW CHARACTER EXPLAIN WHERE AND WHY AND HOW THEY COME OUT NOW?! The characters will have to be explained and basically set up from scratch! Blizzard has already set up a world in which they have told us about the clans of people in the world, much like Tolkien did...they listed off pretty much every part of the world with which race inhabited it. Vampires are not a must, you want a vampire? Play a necro and get Trangs set. After all you said that you are a Necro player! You already have your vampire!

Immortal King was right...keep the same classes...upgrade their graphics...maybe even add some different skills....and add a class or two but only if you can explain. Male mages, as I've said are a must. But that could be the only change...to have a choice of a male/female race....IE: Male/Female Barb, Male/Female Paladin, ect ect.

But please from now on if you want to post about a character EXPLAIN IT AND THROUGHLY! And please know who Tyreal is....

Atreyu101

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
omg, i can't belive your freaking out because i couldn't remember tyreal's name... besides - your argueing like i said Vampires were needed. :-| i say vampires = bad ideas. and yes... the characters could use some new skills (these are getting old) - I've been saying "WTF - i can't choose my race?" since i started playing. (I'm not a newb but i'm not a pro either) - the fact is i don't really pay attention to the plot. I used to care, now i just care about making the perfect charcter in my eyes. the storyline is just old, and boring and in my way of killing higher lvls :-| ( it was exciting once) - but.. w/e - it makes sense... ugh, i give up on this post. heh

And its not our job to explaine every detail of a character to you. Grow and imagination and figure it out. Its not our fault if the readers of our posts have an undeveloped imagination. so chill.

oh, and simahama, that's called a pally ;) - They have party heals, and all sorts of support aura's - Might.. etc... List goes on, they're like 100% support if done correctly. :)

Plumpamania

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
"And its not our job to explaine every detail of a character to you. Grow and imagination and figure it out. Its not our fault if the readers of our posts have an undeveloped imagination. so chill."

Hey man. . .I don't need it for the imagination stand point, but from a PLOT line stand point. Where in the world would a new character come from? Blizzard has already split the world up into many different groups.

So if you are going to say get a Vampire or a Dungeon Keeper or any other ghey character that people are taking from EQ, D&D or any other video game, just tell me where they come from in the World, and WHY they weren't helping to kill Diablo and Baal.

Simple question there d00d. Just give me some BACKGROUND on the character.

Atreyu101

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I don't really care much for the background ;) just the character, and they abilities. :) :lucifer (really cool characters with really cool abilties! back ground is for those with too much time on their hands to pick through it all) not that its a bad thing, i just don't have the time. so why care? make sense?

Plumpamania

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Think about business.

If you have a multi million dollar success like Blizzard does with Diablo...and you have a world set up with a history to it...you're going to have to explain where a new character comes from. That is what they did with Diablo 2. They gave us five new characters and gave us their background, history and tips on the character.

So why care? B/c I like the story line. If you want new characters like most of us do and amazing skills but don't know where it fits in a Diablo 3 Story Line then it should be Diablo 3. It should be Shithead 1: The Rise of Atreyu101.

Why care is a silly question. There will always be people who just want graphics and murder (like most of us). But some of those same people are going to want a story line. They want to be sucked in by a plot. Why do you think most people regard Final Fantasy 7 as the best game of all time. Why do think Blizzard games are so popular?

PLOT. If you cannot comprehend that then stfu k thanx la~.

Plumpamania

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
IK its a good idea, but remember that Diablo is in a medievil time period. . .they lived in drafty castles, and slaughtered each other with blades of steel.

Machines are an 18th century thing.

rameyaj

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ya the robot thing is kind of cool but one of the tings i really like about diablo is that its med evil and i would like to see it stay that way hehe

Plumpamania

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by rameyaj
ya the robot thing is kind of cool but one of the tings i really like about diablo is that its med evil and i would like to see it stay that way hehe
My point get outta here with the robot thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.