Diablo 3 Area/Act/Quest ideas!

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
Flempipes said:
So this is like my first post and im confused, is there a set release date for D3 or is it mainly just rumors
Just think of this as, what we would like in D3. As far as I know no offical release date.
Welcome to Battleforums.

Talosxii

Reaction score
Blizzard hasn't officially said anything. However reports from seperate sources say that it should be announced next year

Cheddar

Reaction score
Well i guess that u guys have been sitting for like hours and thinking about those ideas :p
Anyway this is something just got into my mind but i think it would be nice if there was animals, not only monsters who ran around like deers and stuff, and they didnt attack you if you didnt attack one of them...

E

energyboy90

I think maybe something like diablo1 where theres a cathedral and you have to rescure the wounded :loopy

Jonnyv101

Reaction score
D3

hey, i like the idea of the chars in diffrent spot but y not put the magic users in one spot then the phycal chars in another or let them choose (hammerdin,foh ect.) i also like the ending you came up with about tyriel but then there will be no way of having a d4...but its still nice. well thats all i really got to say im just a d2 fanatic! =P

JV

Draygonia

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
Heres an idea, more classes, spells and items, there arent enuf, heck, if I was in charge of d3 team, I would make it one of the best games ever and not hold back, but blizz isnt really even banning peeps for having mh now, because just about everyone has one, they figure, let the game go to hell...

crazybiscuit612

Reaction score
plot stuff

I personally had a couple ideas for general quests. . . for overall storyline, I thought it would be an interesting twist to completely change any general idea of Diablo. The game starts. . . and yea the gates of Hell are relit with fury as a new lord raises from the shadows to lay claim to the now unclaimed Worldstone or etc. With the death of the three Primevils, now a new lord has arisen. . .and the lord is you. You play a certain set of characters in an attempt to conquer the mortal realm. I didnt really have much laid down as far as quests, but the settlements used in D2 could be taken over completely, or maybe just create an entirely new environment set. I also had a great idea for characters (in my opinion). . . I think that for every difficulty level, there should be a different set of characters, but you start at the level your previous character had attained. That way, you dont beat the game three times as a barbarian. or, change the quests and the characters for each difficulty. . .whatcha guys think?

Golden_Slayer

Reaction score
Hey im new to battelforums. I havent read all the posts here so some of what i am about to say might have allready been said, here goes:

I do like the 2d look but in order to make the game 2d and be really high quality it would take up a huge amount of HD space, and would also mean cut scenes would have to be still CGI meaning more space, and would either have to e on DVD or about 5 or more disks.

Also, in 2d the stuff you can do is limited, eg: you wont be able to damage much scenery (i know it was done in LoD but its still simple stuff)

I dont like the idea of adding my own storyline so i wont, but i do like the idea of having more than one storyline avalable, like if you choose a barbarian you will start in your homeland and do a set of quests, and if you choose a Paladin you will start in the paladin homeland........ (you get the idea)

Also instead of using a portal, caravan, or boat to travel around between act's you would be able to travel around the world freely. To get to the next act you would just either walk there or (one of my fav ideas) buy a horse to get there quickly.

What you think of that?

SanK

Member!
Reaction score
i have an idea,
Takes place 34 years after d2, act 1 will be a place kinda like tristram a little town that keep to it self, sence the baal mephisto and diablo had all died, know 1 knew that diablo and andariel had a child named, Nathilian. not even baal or meph knew that, tal rasha was released from baal or duriel i dont forget but, tyrael was killed by the son of diablo. nathilian had created demons out the blood of fallen warriors and the rouge encampment was destryoed by nathilian, and like u did in d2 u saved cain from tristram, u save anya from the rouge encampment, she had travaled there to seek knowledge from akara, but know 1 knew what she was gonna ask akara but, it turned out that akara and anya were evil, and tryed to over throw nathilian and he killed akara and tryed to kill anya but failed. she fled with charsi to kurast and charsi was killed there, they thought she was the 1 trying to lead nathilian to the kurast but it was anya. nathilian destyoed the rouge encampment. that is the story of act 1. Quest I: travel to the rouge encampment and resque anya (no 1 knows anya is evil), AWARD: a strange stone...Quest II: (do not currently have a quest 2 or forward) ill update later

SanK

Member!
Reaction score
o ya and they should make it were u have to have a good comp to play it and good internet so no laggy newbs come in, and make everything boring

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Jesus SanK, that has got to be one of the most retarded things I've EVER read in my life.

Golden_Slayer

Reaction score
I agree that is riddiculus, why does everyone have to make up stupid storylines like, Diablos child or whatever. Im just so glad that Blizzard are actualy good at making storylines otherwize i would just cry at the stupidity of it all!

Also, making it so that you MUST have a good computer and good internet connection is also a Stupid idea! And dont call people Noobs just because they have a slow connection, for all you know they could be far greater than you!

End of Complaint!

lol

chocofilez

Member!
Reaction score
My personal opinion is that everything be somewhat the same but new chars,maps,etc, and 3d. but not like guild wars or wow because you have to run like a mile (km) just to find some 1 to kill. Personally i like diablo better because more monsters = more interesting. not to much running and alot of killing.

Fruick

Reaction score
i think that d3 should be one big world..but different servers...instead of like 100 different games and you should be able to personalize your characters.blizzard should also update the game like evry mounth for new quests and expsions every once in a while...

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
So basically, you want Diablo II to be like WoW. Except in the diablo universe?

thy

Reaction score
It should take place far away from harrogath, the rouge encamptment, etc. and should only take place a couple months or a year after diablo 2 so you can play the game as if you were the person that last killed baal, and your character tells stories about it and stuff. there should be two acts: hell and earth. you kill all the evils in hell but do questing and save cities n such on earth.

now those are good ideas ^^^

I always wonder where the brothers came from. Main Boss? There Dad
thats not even funny :O

chocofilez

Member!
Reaction score
Ahhh. i just saw that other thread called "Official deadline". Reda it. it has links to Diablo 3 release date (right now TBD 2006 whci means like 2008 but whatever). Also, i hope they make some wierd new characters that no one here has mentioned. I always love origonality except when it just plain sucks.