Diablo 3 Area/Act/Quest ideas!

milbehert

Reaction score
D3 Acts,Quests,Arena

Yes, more of my inane babbling.

I would like to have first off, different settings, for example: the roman empire, rainforest (like act3 in d2), desert (yet again), lush green forests, plains, mountains, underground, we should stay clear of heaven/hell arena's.

What else, We should have quite a few Acts, and quite a few quests, everyone likes a LONG game, but what I think would really take the cake, would be SUB-quests, going off and doing your own thing for a while, doing random smalls but entertaining tasks, earning money, bonuses, and items along the way, meeting new merchants, all while exploring vast and changing landscapes and weather conditions. Some of this Diablo 2 has covered, but it should be emphasized more.

You should be able to make towns...how can I put this, free certain inhabitable areas, and pay a certain fee to sponsor the creation of a town here, basically more quests, more merchants, and making the world more travel friendly.

Also, citizens should be found outside of the city....alive, not scattered around on the floor, but some farming, some wandering, going about routine based activities, some fighting for an honourable cause, all interacting characters who can help/cause problems.

What would be nice would be animals, which are not necessarily our enemies nor friends, but wildlife to make the areas more realistic, you can choose to kill the animals and collect skins/teeth/body parts for upgrades/quests/items.

Maybe, I dont know if this is necessary, but make some of the terrain interactive, like being able to chop down trees or something, something like that...

Furthermore, I think enemy encampments which are not geographically limited moving around on the constand hunt for you, you may think you know one area, but come back only to find it a camp for your enemies.

Which brings me to the night and day, we need night, day, dawn, dusk to make the environment more friendly, it will add to the overall effect.

That is all I can think up for now :D I hope you enjoy

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
I dont like that idea much..sounds too much like NWN or summin. :susp

:grunt

FL4R3

Member!
Reaction score
McGorilla said:
good idea id like to see that
yea i like that idea

Deathmetal0987

Member!
Reaction score
Ideas

some beginning quests or a variety of quest can help determine your class. Like, there is a graveyard level, and you need to find somethinng in a tomb, and youy are using dead people for your aid, this would point your character in the direction of a necromancer. you develope your character in the first world or area, and then you catch on to a major plot -i dont know what it will be, but different missions could lead you to different attacks on enemies, like decieving creatures and gaining more info, and learning throughout the game. the culture in the game should be important. YOu dont want ot fight in a bland wasteland, you want to discover history in tombs while fighting monsters, and unlocking legendary treasures. this could give more motives for online and gaining parties. all of these extra ideas for the game should give the players more freedom.

Deathmetal0987

Member!
Reaction score
even more

there should be more towns and you can gain npc allies. there should be elven forests, and dwarven mines, and yuan-ti deserts. there should be areas with cursed lands, like a town called "little harvest" where a person that was outlawd by the vilagers. he ha s the dead of old town people come every harvest moon and steal the crops as payment. you need to stop the hordes of dead, and stop the curser. that would be a small misson, if you want to do it. (a sideby-level up mission.) in reward, you can gain mounts or animals to ride for furthur progress. the realms should be diverse and neat. have lizard people live in clif towns and in canyons. the world needs to be as interesting as is is fun to slaughter the little bastards wreaking havoc on earth. maybe a labyrinth area with minotaurs, traps and secret passages there should be more worls like athens, atlantis level like you need to recover an enchanted item for a higher power (a mission,) where you have a spell so you can be underwater and fight evil monsters and mermaids and such. there should be levels like great mexican empires form long ago, and temples.

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
:dance Hmmm...your first idea was good but the second was a bit over the top. I like the normal diablo 2 quest system because you dont have to do all of the quests, theyre just there if you choose to do them or not. Take the den of evil as an example. You dont NEED to do that quest to finish the game. Another thing about the diablo world is that it does NOT contain normal mythical creatures. No elves or dwarves or mermaids and such, it has its own mythical things like.............................. QUILLRATS!!! YAY!!! :hop

Anyway thats all i want to say! Bye!

Where is Diablo 3!? Bring it Blizzard!!! :hbut

:dance <--- These guys are so cute!

Deathmetal0987

Member!
Reaction score
i know i know

i just meant that there should be more interactive npc's like elves and such, because it is weird how humans are the only negotiable peope in the world. it is like everyone is against us. the humans need allies.
i see what u mean about the quest, and your right, we dont really need a bunch of crappy meaningless in-depth mission. but there still should be side missions, i just went overboard before.

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
oi! where are your ideas ppl? please have some and post them here :) that would be much apprieciated

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
wtf ?? niether of your comments made any sence at all...just like this one about about to post.

There was everything without it all about the wrongness of that game. <---WTF??? see it is kinda annoying when ppl say things that make no sence.

neway cya.

StoneBlade

Reaction score
Main Story

I think Blizzard should make a 2 storyline to D3 where player get to chose wat side they want to fight on. The Force of GOOD OR EVIL.

The Story should take place 10 yrs after the fall of the worldstone. Where the force of evil leading by a Mystic Evil King of the dead are invade the world from alternate portals that be ripped thru the world cost by the stone of cain in stoney fields. As chaos spend all across the world. Heros from the past and present come to aid the world in a all out war against the force of evils. As the evil side wage war agisnt the good side killing any force standing in their ways of total Chaos. With alots of epic battle and quest where player can form a Clan to fight against the force of evils or wage a war agaisnt the force of good.

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
Hello, Im back....

I thought of a possible idea.... what if you could play from the bad guy point of view? lets say starting the game as maybe Mephisto and creating your councel members and then beginning to take over the act 3 areas. (forgot area name sorry) You could do this for all the prime evils. As a bonus, when you beat the game, you can create a new evil character and build him up to control where the game left off. Because their is no possible way that the heros we use have killed everything. Some monsters could have gotten away somehow.

This could be linked up somehow with D2 ex to combat against the heros to have a actual meaningful duel, good vs evil characters.

Ahhhh whatever just an idea.

relnor

Member!
Reaction score
how about some quests that give great rewards ie, defeat the souls of the bloated crafters(butcher, smith, and armorer) or something like give redemtion to the soul of tal rasha and warrior