Diablo 3 Area/Act/Quest ideas!

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
Yeah. It sounds like that place in Morrowind, which admittedly I havent played that much (not that that's a bad thing). Maybe the air place could have angels in it..but thats extremely predictable and boring

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
When I said in the air I mean (trying to paint a mental picture for everyone) a forest or deep woods with bridges tied from tree to tree, or even a spiraling tower staircase working its way up to a roof of somesort. Maybe even corner towers in a castle working its way onto the fortified walls itself. Not actually in the air as in flying.

Ohhhhh .... I got it. something like the Ewoks. This would be a interesting enviornment for the Zon or even Druids .... or whatever there might be in the D3 game.

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
McGorilla said:
Ewoks? Are they those things from Star Wars? What do you mean "something like the Ewoks?"
Yes from star wars, but not looking like them .... I am talking about the town (or whatever you wanna call that) they lived in. It looked like huts in trees, all made from wood and natural stuff in there enviornment.

If possible watch the movie you'll get the general idea of what I mean.

pikeStank

Reaction score
lol dude shadowman was scary? why did u play it? are your eyes and thumbs ok? i love you mcgorilla we should mary. please.

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
Hah you love me? Whats your email address so we can arrange this marriage? I hope you use MSN (PM me if you know how to do that).

By the way, whats happened to the site? It's suddenly more functional since certain bleeps have been banned *coughsoulessnightwingetcetcaliasaliascough*..Did he get banned? He was the one who unstickied everything just to be a butthole.

trider

Reaction score
i like ewoks idea, also what do u think about adding more places that got nothing to do with hell or heaven, like that underwater city or something like kodo (elephant) graveyard-gray windy flat desert, lots BIG bones, city looks like mohican village or such, then some area with gnomes and tons and tons of their gizmos and etc.

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
Would these gizmos you speak of be usable or just little objects that you run over? And also I dont think that there are any gnomes in D2..Gizmos also might be kinda corny and WoWish which would be annoying and unDiablo-ish

XXmoon-LightXX

Reaction score
What are some new levels/Acts should There be?in D3?

for exapmle of a level/Act/ (diablo 2)(LOD)
Act2 is Made of Sand and Rock
Act2 has Sewers/Tombs/Tunnels/
Act2 has a World of Desart living Creeps/
level = Desart Of Sand/
Act = Act2 Desart of sand/tombs

now for Diablo3 there should be desart eather Act or no act
Harder then hell in diablo 2 (LOD)
More Tombs/Sewers/Monsters/Other
More Physical and Magic Immuines For Pallys (Hammers = Magic/Zeal = Physical)
A1 Diablo 2 (LOD) Character (Sorc/Fire) A1 Full of Fire Immunes) if Diablo 3 makes an act/no act with just fire then at least put some non immunes and Other for Element Sorcs/D3

A3 Act3 dolls/souls/Frogs/gouls/Flayers/Other
if there is an act in Diablo3 Make souls at least immune to eather (Main immune Lighting) Other ( Phsyical/Magic) If they put Frogs in Diablo3 Make them not just immuine to Posion put them immunie to non element/or/Demon Aura Chanted Stone Skill to posion /immune Lighting/(lighting Chanted) immuine Any Ramdom element/other Magic/Physical/

A4 Act4 in diablo 2(LOD) Pit Lords/Souls/Knights/Mages/Other
Having Knights Cast Iron Madian more often then justing All other Curses repeating b4 using Iron Madian/Knights immune Cold/Fire/Light/
Diablo3 Knights/More Damage in hell/Higher Faster cast Rate/Hit Recovery/Some Knights use 2 weapons/some use 1weapon/shield/Knights Lighting Chanted Fathom(Demon Aura Chanted) Immune Fire/Cold/Magic/Not all Knights have to be immune to same as other Pit Lords/Venoms Lords/Immune Fire/Posion/Cold add Light immune/magic/physical (only in hell or any higher Diffs/

A5 Act5 in Diablo2 (LOD) More immunes add Knights or other demons that can cast Iron madian in stead of Ampfy use more Arua/Demon aura chanted/Souls Stornger to lighting Even with infinity if infinity/pally aura Exist in D3/ D3 needs more physical and magic immunes for Hell or any higher diff for Following Characters Pally Barb Druid Melee Sorc Java Zon/ mages/Demon arachs have more Arrow Range/ if u have more to add u r aloud to add ideas

cows if there r cows in D3 Red portal Can be made in a Ramdom act/if there are acts in D3/ Aloud to kill king 3 Times in each diff/can make up to Ramdom Cow lvls in each act/if theres Acts/ (AkA God of power Form No Cow Queen Please Do not Post) if you or anyone wants to put a cow Queen please Check with Blizzard/

Hacks/MapHack Disables in every act everytime u enter a portal/Act/Waypoint/hint to Blizzard Easyer to Trace Mh/ when in use entering Portal/Red or Blue / Waypoint if there wps/ Disables mh and Drops player out of game /(Aka Realm Down) Effects on 1 Realm effects all ( Single player / mulity dose not Effect/

Clans/bots/Channels if battle net allows clan bots only not Bots for Game Magic Finding/ Mule Perms/Transfer items/Channels Unkown/ Bots only work in clan Channels Unless it is blizzards Bot other bots in another channels r disabled/

Bosses/Keys/Torch/Anni/Gheeds/ Harder Bosses/ (bosses r immune to lvl req each char higher char in game the harder the game gets/Aka if theres 1 char example lvl 80 bosses r lvl 85-90 or higher Drops aply normaly/ Anni Gheeds Torch other uniqune Chams/Small/Large/Grand/ Unkown not sure if Blizzard is gonna use these in D3/If it Exists/

Aka ppl that come to this form u can add ides about what lvls items characters acts wps Other in this form if u like!

:yum

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
for exapmle of a level/Act/ (diablo 2)(LOD)
Act2 is Made of Sand and Rock
Act2 has Sewers/Tombs/Tunnels/
Act2 has a World of Desart living Creeps/
level = Desart Of Sand/
Act = Act2 Desart of sand/tombs

now for Diablo3 there should be desart eather Act or no act
Harder then hell in diablo 2 (LOD)
More Tombs/Sewers/Monsters/Other
More Physical and Magic Immuines For Pallys (Hammers = Magic/Zeal = Physical)
A1 Diablo 2 (LOD) Character (Sorc/Fire) A1 Full of Fire Immunes) if Diablo 3 makes an act/no act with just fire then at least put some non immunes and Other for Element Sorcs/D3

A3 Act3 dolls/souls/Frogs/gouls/Flayers/Other
if there is an act in Diablo3 Make souls at least immune to eather (Main immune Lighting) Other ( Phsyical/Magic) If they put Frogs in Diablo3 Make them not just immuine to Posion put them immunie to non element/or/Demon Aura Chanted Stone Skill to posion /immune Lighting/(lighting Chanted) immuine Any Ramdom element/other Magic/Physical/

A4 Act4 in diablo 2(LOD) Pit Lords/Souls/Knights/Mages/Other
Having Knights Cast Iron Madian more often then justing All other Curses repeating b4 using Iron Madian/Knights immune Cold/Fire/Light/
Diablo3 Knights/More Damage in hell/Higher Faster cast Rate/Hit Recovery/Some Knights use 2 weapons/some use 1weapon/shield/Knights Lighting Chanted Fathom(Demon Aura Chanted) Immune Fire/Cold/Magic/Not all Knights have to be immune to same as other Pit Lords/Venoms Lords/Immune Fire/Posion/Cold add Light immune/magic/physical (only in hell or any higher Diffs/

A5 Act5 in Diablo2 (LOD) More immunes add Knights or other demons that can cast Iron madian in stead of Ampfy use more Arua/Demon aura chanted/Souls Stornger to lighting Even with infinity if infinity/pally aura Exist in D3/ D3 needs more physical and magic immunes for Hell or any higher diff for Following Characters Pally Barb Druid Melee Sorc Java Zon/ mages/Demon arachs have more Arrow Range/ if u have more to add u r aloud to add ideas

cows if there r cows in D3 Red portal Can be made in a Ramdom act/if there are acts in D3/ Aloud to kill king 3 Times in each diff/can make up to Ramdom Cow lvls in each act/if theres Acts/ (AkA God of power Form No Cow Queen Please Do not Post) if you or anyone wants to put a cow Queen please Check with Blizzard/

Hacks/MapHack Disables in every act everytime u enter a portal/Act/Waypoint/hint to Blizzard Easyer to Trace Mh/ when in use entering Portal/Red or Blue / Waypoint if there wps/ Disables mh and Drops player out of game /(Aka Realm Down) Effects on 1 Realm effects all ( Single player / mulity dose not Effect/

Clans/bots/Channels if battle net allows clan bots only not Bots for Game Magic Finding/ Mule Perms/Transfer items/Channels Unkown/ Bots only work in clan Channels Unless it is blizzards Bot other bots in another channels r disabled/

Bosses/Keys/Torch/Anni/Gheeds/ Harder Bosses/ (bosses r immune to lvl req each char higher char in game the harder the game gets/Aka if theres 1 char example lvl 80 bosses r lvl 85-90 or higher Drops aply normaly/ Anni Gheeds Torch other uniqune Chams/Small/Large/Grand/ Unkown not sure if Blizzard is gonna use these in D3/If it Exists/

Aka ppl that come to this form u can add ides about what lvls items characters acts wps Other in this form if u like!

:yum
We could encourage "dungeon crawling" or "sewer crawling", too. Perhaps with user-customised sewers and dungeons that ever-expand through a portal system, to encourage modders and encourage more hunting.*

L

Laharl

That would be interesting. What super user wants to see is a game where really high level users' actions can permanently change the world for the better, or worst, such as by adding new "fortresses", destroying them, or even adding dungeons and sewers! That would be well worth monthly fees.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
That would be interesting. What super user wants to see is a game where really high level users' actions can permanently change the world for the better, or worst, such as by adding new "fortresses", destroying them, or even adding dungeons and sewers! That would be well worth monthly fees.
Also is interesting because every game has a modder crowd.*

L

Laharl

Yeah, especially older ones that are patches less and less frequently. In fact we have a third party mods section which proves the point! The super user feels that the companies should embrace that fact and maybe even give them more direct input.

DANIEL.TANG

Reaction score
BiGGEr and LARgesT~

I hope Diablo 3 will be launched before end of 2006,and all the maps will be the biggest ...and largest..at least three to four hour to search whole map..each quest have more than 100 maps..and each act have more than 10 quest ~ and this game must more than 30 act ! ya ! how do you think guys?

this game sure will be the longest time to play with....to complete whole game..at least a year ! even you play with your pc every day for few hour~

I m a crazy pc-gamers...diablo i use few weeks to complete the games..and diablo 2 i use 2 months to complete the whole games...maybe diablo 3 can take a year to complete it right?

that should be fun !

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I hope Diablo 3 will be launched before end of 2006,and all the maps will be the biggest ...and largest..at least three to four hour to search whole map..each quest have more than 100 maps..and each act have more than 10 quest ~ and this game must more than 30 act ! ya ! how do you think guys?

this game sure will be the longest time to play with....to complete whole game..at least a year ! even you play with your pc every day for few hour~

I m a crazy pc-gamers...diablo i use few weeks to complete the games..and diablo 2 i use 2 months to complete the whole games...maybe diablo 3 can take a year to complete it right?

that should be fun !
A game with 200 hours of playing time? I thought only Final Fantasy did that!*

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
Woah no way..30 acts? God that would get tedious and disjointed. 30 x 10 x 100 = 30000 different maps. Wtf? It would take up a bazillion gigs and you wouldnt ever want to replay it or be able to discuss it with friends.
"Oh you know that uhh place in act 24? Like the bit where there's that big guy and like, you have to, like, kill him?" "Wait, thats act 23 isn't it?" "Oh I'm not sure let me just check my Diablo 3 Encyclopedia,".

No way sorry, I do not think so. Maybe your idea could be expanded on, and instead of Blizzard releasing the game with 12 thousand quests or whatever, you could download new quests/acts and stuff..but that would give it a kinda WoWy feel.

Anyway, I don't not liket that idea, it is a very interesting one..A game that takes a year to complete..Very different and captivating idea, but daunting in a way..What if you never finished it!? You've opened up my mind here :p Heh Well done! ^_^

TempestDustShadow

Reaction score
And now, for something rather different.

I dont care much about the plot from either d2 or lod, the worldstone or having different characters starting out in different areas. Instead, here are some of my ideas for a linnear, epic new Diablo game. Civilizations from different acts will have reached different technology levels, meaning that some are still medieval while other culture and cities have past the renaissnce etc (this also means that there should be some early firearms to use, such as arqebuses, gonnes and matchlock pistols, not just exploding potions and all that). The descriptions I've given are mostly key words, so leave it to your imagination. I care for the game to be challenging, well balanced and with diverse, new and old environments, the plot could be whatever, just not too complicated, the most important factor is not story but fun factor. Let me know what you think, or if it is all rubbush...

ACT I »«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«
Environment/setting: Thick European woodlands with fields, hills, rivers, lakes, swamps and subterranean complexes. Time period is early medieval, the dark ages.
Home base: small church village deep inside the black, haunted forest
Dungeons/buildings/places of interest: giant hollow trees, underground tunnels, derelict ships, cemeteries, mausoleums, ruined watch towers, abandoned camps, caves, underwater caverns, burnt glades
Final dungeon: A huge castle atop a cliff. There awaits a vampire lord possessed by a demon.
Once beaten, the character moves on to the next act by caravan or on horseback.

ACT II »«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«
Environment/setting: The Swiss Alps during midwinter, snowy highlands with occasional pine forests, lowland meadows, rushing rivers. Time period is around the 18th Century AD.
Home base: large town in the mountain foothills, resembling Vienna, with a gothic cathedral.
Dungeons/buildings/places of interest: abandoned mines, snow holes, hot spring caves, ice tombs, frozen canal tunnel, church ruins, fortresses, prison chambers, garden mazes, portal to an outpost in Heaven
Final dungeon: The catacombs beneath the cathedral in town. Boss: Arezond, greater demon.
After that, a skyship (hot air balloon) will take you to the region for the next act.

ACT III »«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«
Environment/setting: The Far East indo-china landscape of subtropical climate, with forests of bamboo, rocky valleys and steep hills, endless steppes and dry deserts. Late Medieval time.
Home base: monastery for (Buddhist) monks on top of a hill, with temples & monuments.
Dungeons/buildings/places of interest: sacred shrines, burial grounds, trap-filled dungeons, underground caves, great heir tombs (terracotta army), infested temples, ghost town, sewers, burnt villages, wyrm lair
Final dungeon: Gigantic palace (Taj Mahal-style) in a sandy gorge. Boss: Hellish demi-god.
Once beaten, a djonk ferry will take the character to the region for the fourth act.

ACT IV »«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«
Environment/setting: The Caribbean/Hawaii volcanic isles. Sandy beaches, salt seas, rain forest, rivers, scorching mountains, grassy plateaus and dense vegetation. 18th Century AD. (Note that is not the paradise we may think of these places today, on the contrary)
Home base: a small fishing camp docked out at the coast.
Dungeons/buildings/places of interest: bay coves, ship wreckages, fire pits, silverback lair, massive whale carcass, wyvern nest, heretic villages, Devil’s keep, deep sea graveyard, stronghold of hatred
Final dungeon: Hellmouth crater (inside the volcano), King Kong-like magma demon boss.
After his defeat, a portal to Hell (the final act) will emerge.

ACT V »«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«
Environment/setting: Major subterranean domains, realm of the dead, Hades, the black river, prehistoric lakes, demonic woods, towns frozen in time, plains of sorrow, rivers of flame, Hell.
Home base: the Pandemonium Fortress on the other side of the river, larger than in Diablo II.
Dungeons/buildings/places of interest: river cabins, bone village, the Black Citadel, lava caverns, frozen temple, demon root holes, Agony Falls, the Abyss, Altar of Suffering, Arena of Malice
Final dungeon: The Chaos Sanctuary. The final boss, lord and master of all demons, Diablo.
Having beaten the game, the character has no more acts to complete on that same difficulty level and receives an honourable title such as Sir, Lord or Prince respectively per difficulty.

"*Paladin"*

Reaction score
I liked the desert in act two it was pretty cool I didnt like act 3 in D2 idk I just didint I would like to see churches or w/e I like those alot and its not diablo without caves but if D3 actually comes out im pretty sure i will be happy with anything they give me because I know its going to be good I would also like an Arcane sanctuary type place becase thats cool
:morph