Devil May Cry 3

-Azrael666-

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I beat Normal mode, and the first 3 levels on Hard, then decided I should probably beat Easy at some point, so I'm doing that now. I'm not even saving or buying items, just going through the levels. I haven't died yet and I'm at Mission 9.

By the way, did you manage to kill all 100 enemies during the credits? I only got to about 96. That's another reason I'm beating it on Easy.

Edit: Heh, I just realized I never upgraded E&I. Oops :D

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Pash. I beat Vergil on DmD mode. Do that, then you'll have some skill at this game. Until then, go play cheese mode.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I get to the last enemy, the Hell Vanguard. He's a stinker, and I can't ever finish him off by the time the credits end. OMG! Did you know that the costume you get for Dante that shows him all covered in purple energy is called "super Dante" and when you use it you have unlimited Devil Trigger energy? It's freakin sweet! Oh, and Az, what are your gauges at? I am missing two blue orb fragments until I'm maxxed out on health, and one more purple orb till DT is max, too. Oh, and I have about 5 Holy Waters. I take EVERYTHING down, at least on Easy.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
I need 17 more blue fragments (I assume the health bar reaches the far end one more time), and another blue orb. I also need 2 more purple orbs.

Scratch that. I just bought a purple orb. Now I only need 1 more.

What do you use mainly for weapons? I use E&I, Spiral, Rebellion, and Beowulf, all fully upgraded. The only time I change anything out is when I fight A&R, and then I use Cerberus (lacking Windmill).

Magikarp

Reaction score
I haven't had too much time to play this game (It's due in a week :(), but I did try going against A&R again, with more success this time. I find that using the air hike in combination with Trickster Level 2 makes it nearly impossible to get hit.. I still lost though, since I didn't feel like getting enough red orbs to buy a Vital Star.

In truth, me and a friend have been playing LOTR: The Return of the King for PS2 on co-op.. sad, huh.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I find that using a combo of Beowulf and Agni/Rudra in conjunction with Ebony/Ivory and Kalina Ann. Use super-Dante and have infinite DT energy, then just run around forever in DT mode. Cheap but effective.

IDefy

Reaction score
I got it, I'm only on the Ice Dog guarding the gate. Not too far, haven't played in a week or so though, not enough time.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
Using Spiral with that switch-cancel firing technique is so incredibly useful, especially since the bullet is not only powerful, but rips through enemy after enemy at the same time. If you can get a bunch of enemies lined up, like the statues, you can take them all out relatively fast and end up with a SSStylish ranking.

What is everyone's favorite style? Mine is Trickster, which is Lvl 3, but I've been starting to use Quicksilver a lot too. I just used it to beat Agni and Rudra on Hard.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Me, I like Swordmaster, with my Beowulf/A&R team. MG Beowulf has some hardcore Style attacks. Volcano freaking destroys enemies. Not to mention his million-hit punch combo which he finishes off with a great "sweet dreams" quip. That is a normal combo that doesn't need Swordmaster, but chaining stuff together with Beowulf can beat down everything. I've also found that rather than Agni/Rudra, Nevan is a good sidearm. Double jump with Beowulf in DT, then at the top of your jump arc switch to Nevan and go Air Raid. Nothing is high enough to hit you, and you can just peg away with lightning blasts. It's cheap and slow but you don't get hurt.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
It seems like it would be an ineffective strategy against Hell Vanguards and Blood-goyles.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Yes, true, but neither of those are really any threat. Beat the shit out of Vanguards with Beowulf, and Spiral Blood-goyles down and bash them up. Easy cheese. However, what it is GREAT against is Arachnes, who can be a big pain in the ass.

Oh, and I beat Normal, and in two hours got to level 11 of Hard. I'm owning the hell out of that game. I tell you, Quicksilver is the bomb, especially with infinite energy.

And Az? I take back all of my arguments against Spiral. I tried it out a bit more, and I am in love. KA is shelved. E/I and Spiral are my weapons, always.

Glowy

Premium Member
Reaction score
i thought this game was amazing almost as good as god of war but the game is damn hard...i made it to the top of the tower and could not for the life of me beat dantes brother the first time so i tradd it away...after 20 times of doing the same long missions i gave up. i might buy it again later on but i hate repetetiveshit in games

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
J'kar said:
Yes, true, but neither of those are really any threat. Beat the shit out of Vanguards with Beowulf, and Spiral Blood-goyles down and bash them up. Easy cheese. However, what it is GREAT against is Arachnes, who can be a big pain in the ass.

Oh, and I beat Normal, and in two hours got to level 11 of Hard. I'm owning the hell out of that game. I tell you, Quicksilver is the bomb, especially with infinite energy.
Cheater :D

J'kar said:
And Az? I take back all of my arguments against Spiral. I tried it out a bit more, and I am in love. KA is shelved. E/I and Spiral are my weapons, always.
You use switch-cancel firing, right?

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Not always. Sometimes I chain it in with my melee combos. Attack like mad, Spiral shot, then return to attacking, repeat. It works quite well. Oh, did you know that your taunt (select button) if timed right, can boost your stylish combo rating? It shoots it up by about 75% of a level. And the taunt changes at each combo level. At the A level he spreads his hands and says "you scared?" It's great.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
Lmfao, that's awesome. I knew about the taunt, but I didn't know what its function was or that it changed. I'll have to try it out.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Oh, I beat Heaven or Hell mode. The one-hit kill mode? Yeah, I got the Vergil Ending too...in the credits for HOH mode the enemies are one hit kills too. Just using Ebony and Ivory I killed 350 enemies.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
But have you beatedn Dante Must Die mode?

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
Using Super Dante to beat DMD the first time through is a clear sign of cheating.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
[GLOW=Blue]Shut up, noobface. I just play to where I win, and don't die a million times. People quit from frustration if the lowest enemies kick their asses. I make it to where the BIG enemies are the ones that kill me. Let me put it this way. The first level of DMD, in constant freeze time, I went from 19 bars of health to 4. Even in constant DT. They still move fast and are strong as hell. One swipe from a pride takes off 4 bars. Hush your mouth about things you don't know about, silly.[/GLOW]