Devil May Cry 3

-Azrael666-

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I just bought this, and wow, what an awesome game. Very intense, skill-based experience. I'm ripping it up as I type, I paused and figured I'd make a thread about its greatness.

If anyone else has played this, thoughts?

kirby2

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ya it's a pretty fun game, I like the guitar gun WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe :rolleyes .

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
I'm on the 5th mission now, the bosses at the end are giving me a hard time. I'm playing it on Normal, since I figured going Easy would probably lessen the experience. This game completely ****ing owns. Very slick graphics, really awesome soundtrack, and the gameplay is absolutely fantastic. So far the story is extremely interesting too.

Buy this game. It's worth it.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I did buy the game. It IS worth it. I am currently about to enter mission 5, after taking down the Gigapede. Are Agni and Rudra really that damned hard?

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
Oh yeah, you'll have a blast with them :p What style are you using?

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
They weren't that hard. on hard it only took me 2 tries to beat A&R(i still suck though), and i was using trickster lvl1.

And yeah the game is awesome. but i still like the original dmc more :p

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
And let me guess, you only had Lvl 1 Revolver, didn't use any items during the fight, and never upgraded your guns or life meter, right? :p

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Trickster. I'm getting it all pumped up by battling Cerberus several times before I go face A & R. Then I think that I'll use the gun style a lot. Looks like some fun. I bought the strat guide, so I know the basics on how to take A & R down with relative ease. :D

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
-Azrael666- said:
And let me guess, you only had Lvl 1 Revolver, didn't use any items during the fight, and never upgraded your guns or life meter, right? :p
Well i used a devil star during the fight :( The only things i spent my orbs on in normal was skills and orbs, didn't bother with the guns. and the only style i levelled was swordmaster.

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
haha finnaly a thread made of this great game...

i beat it allrdy a while back,and such a great game it is...

a&r are agni and ruda or something right? the fire and wind swords?

thoose things kickass.

btw,if u though mission 6 was hard...wait till last battle... it is so danm hard.. took me like 10 tries...

btw,i used swordmaster.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
Right now I'm still on Mission 9. I have Trickster Lvl 2, and it's at almost 60k experience, so I'm like 2/3 the way to Lvl 3 :D

*Turok

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
yeah the game does i rock :p ...... the story rocks and the cool ass moves dante performs in evey style ^ ^

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Yeah, Dante is officially pimpin. Oh, and Reign? The fight you speak of with Agni and Rudra? Was it your second way through? You don't even get Devil Stars or Devil Trigger until after you fight Vergil, who comes after A&R...are you thinking of Vital Stars?

On another note, I managed to whup Agni and Rudra first time. Vergil was easy too. Of course, I've always been good at bosses like that. Just keep moving. I find that being in the air a lot works VERY well. That's why I hated Bolverk in DMC2...he swatted you right out of the air every time.

Anyway, I'm now starting lvl 9.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Killing Virgil the third time on DMD difficulty is hard. I'll just leave it at that.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
J'kar fails to mention the fact he's playing the game on Easy. Of course the bosses don't seem that difficult. The mode of difficulty really changes the aggression and damage of the bosses. After beating Cerberus on Normal, I went back on Easy and fought him, and I couldn't believe it was the same boss. He barely ever attacks, he just sits there and takes it, and when he does hit you, he does a sliver of damage. It was pathetic.

I wouldn't be too proud of killing the Mission 5 boss on Easy mode. On harder difficulties, constantly moving around is something you're forced to do just to stay alive, nevermind attack. Easy mode requires less skill and far less strategy, especially in fighting bosses.

Right now I'm at the mission where you have to fight Vergil for the second time. I don't know the mission number, but it's around 13 or 14. I just got Quicksilver, and I have to say, that horse was possibly the easiest boss so far, not including Mission 2 :p

Edit: Scratch that, Vergil the first time was the easiest boss so far, with the horse in a close second. I'm assuming Vergil's going to be a little harder this time around, with that really homosexual light-feather crap.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Light-feather? LIGHT-FEATHER??? I'm sorry, but you sadly disrespect the Beowulf gauntlets. Oh, and yes, the horse was easy as pie.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
They look like feathers and light mixed together, lmfao :p

By the way, Vergil the second time is cake.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
Sounds exciting. I never really tried playing Easy, the only time I did was fighting Cerberus at a friend's house. I just tried it out. Wow, I have to say, Easy is.. easy. Really easy. I just breezed through the first five missions without ever using a single item or dying. In fact, I didn't lose more than 3 life bars the entire time.

Cerberus got me with the frozen ground thing once, and Agni hit me with a forward slash once. I didn't use Devil Trigger or any weapons I wouldn't have had anyways, and I didn't use any Trickster abilities except for Dash, which is Trickster Lvl 1 anyways.

Easy is just sad :p

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Yeah, pretty much. Just beat it. Saturday. I defeat every boss without losing even half my life. I must say, Vergil is the final boss, too, and he is NOT a slouch with Force Edge. How far are you?