• yes

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • no

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
they are amazing against heavy caster. especialy orcs with shamans. it is better too maybe morph two statues, and leave two statues.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Ultimately in the end you have to make at least one of these beasts. Don't mass them, just get 1 or 2....depending on how many casters the enemy has. I like to convert your statues when they get in a sticky situation and need to escape. It is very effective micro because then you don't lose any units.

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
They are good against mass casters or things like heavu ground with heavy armour. You also need to get it for the dispel

Shadow_Ninja

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
They're not main combat unit. Also they need to be fed mana constantly. Morph one or two and have at least another statue to feed mana.

Statues have an obscenely fast mana regen.

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
Personally, I think they are a waste of time, money, and food. They do shit damage, and they cost too much food/resources for what all they do, which isnt much. I will, on the other hand say .vs mass casters they own if you have some statues feeding them mana and life.

Shadow_Ninja

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
They're only a must have when the enemy has casters. Only one will do in most games. I normally have two statues with my main force, so getting one when I see too many casters isn't a problem.

When you've finished devouring spells, remember that destroyers have the orb of annihilation. They're pretty powerful.

Main point is : get one when you see casters.

They're not really good in masses. Just have one or two around. More than that and experienced players will probably laugh at you.

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The reason they aren't good in masses is they cost 5 food if I'm right. I'd definitely rather have one wyvern (battle senses not skills), than a destroyer and wyvners take up less food...

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Rule #1: NEVER mass anything in TFT.

Swordancer

Member!
Reaction score
usually if i get destroyers i will get an equal number of statues as them... the reason? because in order for destroyers to own imo they need that orb of anhillation operating so i absorb mana from each statue (it take 200/400 so they still have plenty to heal) and then go into battle with it on and youre doing like 30-40 magic dmg! thats pretty nice esp considering they are flying immune with an attack rate of fast!

my opinion? you cant go wrong for only 300 gold to have a few in your army

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by CitricAcid13
Not in 1v1 that is =)... you can get away with massing things when playing team games.
I kinda thought though that we were talking about 1v1's, but if we are talking generally you are right.

Torubu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I honestly think these are overpowered. With 10 armor at full upgrades, fast attack speed, obscenely annoying spell immunity, orb of annihiliation, and devour magic. These damn units made a game that should have taken about 15 minutes last over about 45 minutes because my 4v4 strategy (AT, yes) pulls out casters behind our already tier 1. Thing is, they got these before they saw our casters. So basically, half of each of our armies were useless, the only thing that was useful was the priests healing, and stasis traps pretty much. I was forced to continue building Grunts the entire game before we sacrificed my base while my ally decided to wreck the other bases. Honestly, these units need nerfing, and fast.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
No, they don't really need nerfing. You just need to not get mass casters. This isn't ROC my friend. Mass casters worked in ROC, but now they aren't as effective. En Masse destroyers suck.

And about the mana regen someone talked about, it isn't mana regen it is mana degen. They lose like 5 mana per second. So make sure you use orb of annihilation before they run out of mana.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by ZeroX
anti magic sheilds kick destroyer ass...sadly....but thats rarely seen so...bah.
AMS is one of the best spells that is available to the UD. Don't play it down.

Shadow_Ninja

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Aragorn7
No, they don't really need nerfing. You just need to not get mass casters. This isn't ROC my friend. Mass casters worked in ROC, but now they aren't as effective. En Masse destroyers suck.

And about the mana regen someone talked about, it isn't mana regen it is mana degen. They lose like 5 mana per second. So make sure you use orb of annihilation before they run out of mana.
Was that me ?

Coz I mentioned that Statues have obscenely fast mana regen. :wavey