Demon Hunter vs Wizard: Leveling Speed

Winterzbane

Reaction score
I am wondering what the general census is on which class levels the quickest in the game. Obviously it comes down to Demon Hunter or Wizard (some would argue Witch Doctors). My first character was a DM and being new to game, and listening to all conversatons etc it took 57 Hours to reach 60. Than my second character was a barbarian who took roughly 49 hrs, and finally I made a wizard that absolutely dominated through the game capping 60 in 3 days and only 37 hrs. Thoughts?

Sargento

Reaction score
My wizard has blown through the game. I'm one-shotting damn near everything (I got some pretty nice loot from some friends who were much higher level).

I just transform into arcane and before me appears a mist of red. Wizard has the highest damage output that I've played with so far. But I die in 4-5 shots (I have zero in the way of vitality, and I'm spec'd into the least amount of defense possible).

WhiteNelumbo

Member!
Reaction score
I have both classes and I thought my DH leveled way faster. Maybe it's because DH was my first character so D3 was still somewhat fresh. I'd say that the time it takes to hit level 60 for both is approximately the same. There are a lot of other factors, too, and one might prefer one to the other.

Meow

Member!
Reaction score
DH is higher DPS, Wiz is slightly more balanced/AoE. DH should be faster assuming even gear.

Winterzbane

Reaction score
I would say Demon Hunter at 60 with equal gear absolutely out dps's a wizard hands down. However I gotta admit I felt 10x more destructive and powerful when I leveled my wizard after my demon hunter. There where still times when I felt all "oh crap" on the DH, but the wizard.... lol well I just said Hadouken and stuff died haha.

Libralesso

Member!
Reaction score
I think DH would level faster, but at level 60 I prefer a Wizard for the diversity in spells and play styles.

saveron

Reaction score
I played through the first 3 difficulties with my DH friend, I was a wizard. Honestly, both of us were ripping through the game, so I don't think there is much of a difference between classes leveling wise. It all really comes down to how much time you put into your character.

hemmer

Reaction score
Me and my friend played together, me, a DH, and him, a Wizard. I levelled faster by just a smidge and did way better damage than him

Libralesso

Member!
Reaction score
Yeah the dmg output on a DH is probably what makes them level faster, but I think the survivability of a wizard is greater. Which means if you are prone to dieing you will level faster with a wizard because you will die less.