Defiler drop.

Discussion in 'StarCraft Strategy Guides' started by [Berious], Nov 8, 2004.

1. [Berious]

[Berious] Member!

I was thinking of a stratedgy and I tried it once or twice versus a comp. Basically teching to defilers/cracklings. You do a drop near there min line and plague all there structures in the base(or atleast most of them) then wait a bit. then send in your attackforce of crackzors... if you got off enough plagues then there buildigns should be pretty hurt (Ie: atleast 1/3+ gone.) It can be effective, just a thought.(and trying to make the forums more active/ get me more active on Bf)

Itd be fairly effective vs Zerg/toss since they cant repair the health of there buildings (but toss still ahve shields)

2. Renzokuken

Renzokuken Saved

Zanarkand
    That could work, but an easier way is to Defiler drop with Cracklings (Only need about 3-4 defilers) and Dark Swarm everywhere and let your Cracklings handle the rest.

3. TrongaMonga

TrongaMonga Grumpy Old Grandpa

Portugal
    You know, you can distract the Terran enemy with a small front attack, then plague his supply depots while he isn't paying attention. Then, wait a while (it would be nice if you had a parasited SCV to see if he starts removing some to repair the buildings), and attack with full force. He'll be not only distracted, but he'll also be unable to resupply his forces.

4. Piggy_of_Doom

Piggy_of_Doom New Member

Piggy Legion of Doom!!!
    this is a great strategy, but i wuld probally get rushed and die within 5minutes. what are cracklings?

5. CerebralChain

CerebralChain BattleForums Senior Member

Riding the Bebop
    Hmm.. Sounds interesting.. Gots repz0rz?

6. Biske

Biske BattleForums Senior Member

Nineveh
    Zerglings with all upgrades(speed/attack).

Yes, sounds risky...

7. Phoenix2003

Phoenix2003 BattleForums Senior Member

Antioch, Aiur
    Berious, it works vs terran, too, ya know. Considering most of their units are ranged. I'd throw in some lurkers, too so your lings don't get fried by zeals/archons/firebats. Don't think it'll work too well against another zerg, though since they can do the same thing to you. Also zvz rarely make it to hive.