Deckard Cain

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
So in the last two games of diablo, the main characters have gone insane after the events of their respective games(maybe not the barbarian? he looks kinda like the same one...) why hasnt deckard cain gone insane? He's had to have seen his share. i thought it was weird that he's seen so much yet has such a simple attitude. there must be something more to him.

AZN_FLEA

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Deckard cain (DC) can identify items. due to this majestic ability you can buy for 100 gold apiece, cain has the ability to identify and eradicate any mental threat that may affect his system. although he has a crap functioning system his processing power is far beyond this world.

Also, because he can exist in more than one game at once, it means he is basically omnipresent; either in the gibbet or the town wondering around aimlessly. This passive ability called omniprescence has effectively solidified his mental prowess and therefore protects him from all viruses...i mean insanity.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
More likely, if you read his journal you'll discover that his traumas have been decidedly fewer than our main characters. He never actually goes into the dungeons with us...he never even exits the towns. His worst experience was his capture and imprisonment in Tristram, and he's a bit hardier of an old guy than he looks. Probably though, if he'd gone deep into the Worldstone Chamber and faced down Baal along with us, he'd probably have had his cheese slide off his cracker too.

On a side note, I had to lol at his cutscene in the gameplay trailer.

Cain: "Stay awhile and--"
Barbarian: "This is the time to spill our enemy's blood, not for idle chatter."
Cain: *Sigh* "Nobody ever listens..."

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Deckard Cain is a pussybitch old man who can't handle killing a rodent, let alone hordes of demons and zombies we had to hack & slash through to get to Diablo and his bros. Of course he's not insane, he's self-preserving!

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
No need to get insulting, Cain's not a pussybitch. He's just not oozing steroids. He's an elder, a walking library of information, not a frontliner. He serves his purpose in the fights, he just can't thwack demons like we can. =)

I'd like to see you his age, trying to swat just one Prime Evil, let alone all 3.

AZN_FLEA

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
wtf you idiots what i said is right

Nincompoop

Member!
Reaction score
Cain is probably my favorite character in diablo.
I love that guy, ha, he's like a mix of my dad and my grampa. But I do think there's more to him,

i thought it was weird that he's seen so much yet has such a simple attitude. there must be something more to him.

Nincompoop

Member!
Reaction score
Maybe he made the horadric cube?

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Maybe someone named Deckard and someone named Cain put themselves in the cube to become this unperturbed old man, Deckard Cain.

RazeTheRuler

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
Maybe someone named Deckard and someone named Cain put themselves in the cube to become this unperturbed old man, Deckard Cain.
Hahah omg, you have solved the mystery now dude. He's 2 guys in 1, that's how he's able to be in D1 and D2 at the same time ;) Question is how he's gonna do it in D3 .. :yikes:

iRawrrr

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
lol so i assumed someone put ur mom and ur dad into a cube and made u...