Deathscream RPG

Final Warrior

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
*Painful memories flash through Quitstorm's mind, of the rest of his life, of the training he recieved... from the Warrior. He remembers his fall from grace, when he revoked the King's teachings, when he...*

Quietstorm: ... Yes, I have heard of Eladrin...

Kaiji: You've seen him?

*Quietstorm recall's Vox's face, as she saw him from far away. At that time, when Quietstorm was younger, he remembered watching Vox's movements from afar... little was he to know that years later, he was to be assigned to kill Vox.*

Quietstorm: I've seen him before, yes...

*Quietstorm remembers that night, the night when he was to kill the King of Ilya... for certain... otherworldly members. But he had failed. Miserably. Quietstorm could not kill a friend of the Warrior. He could not, would not. One thing from the Warrior's teaching's remained: Loyalty. Quietstorm was forever loyal to the Warrior, whether or not he wanted to be.*

Quietstorm: Then when shall we depart?

Arodion

Member!
Reaction score
Arodion dropped down from the top of the wall soundlesly, his wings slowing his decent. He lands in the back of an alley and walk towards the street infront of him. From the shadows he gazes out across the still busy street. Lanters illuminate street vendors, lights spill out from store windows, illuminating the night owls of the city as they go about their lives.

Stepping from the alley Arodion crosses the street to a drunken man sitting on the road curb. He reaches down and lefts the man's chin, staring him in the eyes, "Which way to the De'Mauv Estate?"

Fear grips the man as Arodion's silver gaze pierces his innebriated soul. "Th-that way, g-go all the way down this street and turn, umm left at the barracks I believe."

Arodion tosses the trembling man backwards by his head and preceeds down the road. His cloak swirls around him, its edges seming to lash out at the few people who walk too close to Arodion.

SageofShadow

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Kaiji: hmm... i sense the truth in this one... alright let us go.

Kaiji magicly produces a backpack and straps it on then starts to walk

Kaiji: come warrior

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
*Quietstorm follows along, his cloak whipping around him, as though it were alive, the noises it making were as though it were alive, talking, whispering to him. Quietstorm nods every so often, as though he understands.*

Kaiji: Tell me, warrior... what is it that you are contemplating?

Quietstorm: ... Can I trust this one?... My cloak was a... gift to me, from my... teacher. It tells me things that no mortal eyes can see. Things I cannot see.

Kaiji: Mhm...

Quietstorm: ... There is some sort of holy being here... Could it be the Angel?[/o] But... {i]He fell, didn't he? it is tainted. Something strange about him... or her.

Kaiji: Strange.

Quietstorm: Very... my... teacher's brother... well, one of them...

*Quietstorm recalls the Warrior's only family... one was always doing harmless jokes, and the other seemed more... righteous, but sad. As though something had happened to him in days long past. The Warrior kept strange company, but none as strange as those two. And once, Quietstorm had seen them battle. He had seen the Three fight. It was a terrible sight... nothing but death and carnage left in the wake. It was the first time Quietstorm had seen Death in his terrible fury... the first time he saw a Justice being meted out... the first time he saw Cruelty touch those around it. The were but mutilated half-dead... necrofied corpses... stumps of burning sinners. It was Quietstorm's first taste of battle, of war.*

Quietstorm: One of them was a... Priest? Preacher? Paladin. I am somewhat familiar with them...

Kaiji: I see... you bear the mark of the Devaion Paladins. Why have you left them?

Quietstorm: Blood. History. My art of war. They did not approve, years after I had become a paladin... And so I was Exiled.

*Quietstorm recalls that fateful day, the day of his exile. Somehow, the Arch-Paladin had learned. Learned of his birth, his life. How he killed the Drow. But betrayal to one's blood is worse than the eradication of a thousand sinners. That day, Quietstorm had lost his faith. Forevermore.*

Quietstorm: But that is a story for a cold winter night, with some ale and a fire.

Arodion

Member!
Reaction score
Arodion stalked down the road, head down, keeping his facein the shadows as he thinks to himself, aloud in his head, a soft mumble from his lips.

Another silent death Arodion, another blood stain and another widow. How long will you play the roll of this Demon's pawn? How much longer do you kill with no reason of your own? This isn't a fight against Father anymore, this is simply a business marked in blood. You would have fought against such actions at one time.

A second voice erupts in his head, louder, more demanding.
Shut up Aranel, your days of telling me what to do are over. I have no ...love for these humans or their world. This era will come and go like a song, and I shall wander once more, alone and rejected.

He stops outside a large iron fence. Two guards stand by its gate, watching the newly arrived cloaked figure.
"Can we help you, sir?" one asks gordially

"Is this the De'Mauv Estate?" Arodion counters

"Yes sir, but if you're seaking an audience with the Count you will have to return tomorrow. He's gone sailing with his son and won't return till the morning."

Arodion turns and continues walking down the road, ignoring the guard's cry of "I didn't catch your name sir..." He lifts his head and checks the street, selecting a rather shady looking Inn and Tavern he enters and settles at one of the smaller tables.

SageofShadow

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Kaiji brings Quietstorm to a halt about half a kilometer away from Ilya. the city has lost the lustre it had so many years before and its originally white stone surface is now black and gray in most places and some buildings are still being repaired.

Kaiji: golorious Ilya, city of heroes.

Quietstorm: it looks like a dump

Kaiji: the seige several years ago has made it so. since ilya is quite remote they have little or no building supplies to finish repairs. Devaionese builders come and go through here but they shake their heads and walk away from this once prosperous city.

Quietstorm: why havent they helped?

Kaiji shakes his head : no one knows why really

Kaiji starts walking towards Ilya

Kaiji: at least this isnt as bad as Fort Yrat.

Arodion

Member!
Reaction score
Arodion reclines at his table idely, watchin the various cloaked patrons whom call upon the barkeeper. Finnaly becoming restless he approaches the main bar and drops a small sack on the counter. A jingle of silver within the pouch draws the barkeep's attention.
"Yes sir what can I get you?" He asks quickly nodding to various other patrons.

"A room for the night is all," Arodion replies.

"Yes sir, one room, is that just for you or do you have company?"

"Just me," Arodion growls glancing over his shoulder

"Well would you ahem...like it to be for more than you?" the chubby man asks him, smiling slyly at his apparently wealthy customer. "Leave an exra stack of silver here and I'll send one of the twins up to you later tonight," He whispers, nodding in the direction of two red haired watiresses conversing with a band of gunslinging warriors in the corner.

Arodion only huphs at the barkeep and takes the key to his room from the disapointed man. The Angels slowly ascends the stairs and the barkeep returns to his duties, but glances up the stairs when he notices an extra stack of silver coins laid next to the cost of the room.

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
*Quietstorm recalls the prosperous city of Ilya, when Vox Eladrin still ruled over it. He remembers the dark nights... the beautiful gardens of the city... and her.*

Quietstorm: What would Eladrin be doing here, in Ilya? Or are we just passing through?

SageofShadow

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Kaiji: he is here. he is a mintrel at a bar

Quietstorm: a minstrel? why?

Kaiji: i hear that he is quite a singer. he is probably telling tales of his past.

Quietstorm: riches to rags...

Kaiji leads quietstorm into the Drunken Monkey tavern where a tall man with red hair and short beard sits on a stage stool and is plucking the strings on his lute and singing a tune of heroes long gone.

Kaiji: Vox Eladrin i presume?

Vox stops playing and stands up

Vox: who are you?

Kaiji: Kaiji Shimoji of the Dragon Temple

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
*Quietstorm remains silent, as his introduction would only bring back memories of the past, the painful past. He trys to stem the flood of memories, praying hat Eladrin would not pry into his mind.*

Kaiji: Introduce yourself, Quietstorm.

Quietstorm: I... I am... I am Quietstorm...

SageofShadow

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Vox stares at Quietstorm

Vox: you again

Vox recalls the day when his daughter Lina met Quietstorm years ago she seemed interested in him Vox wouldnt allow it.

Vox: you came back...why

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
Quietstorm: I did not know... I am sorry, my lord... Kaiji called to me in my meditation. I followed my dreams... and they lead to him. I followhim, as a soldier follows his commander. I didn't not think... I did not think I would see you again...

*The floodgates of memory open, and Quietstorm recalls his short time with Lina, his nightly walks with her, through the sleeping city. They had always stood on the walls, looking out oer the lands, thinking, wondering, hoping. And then... he was called away. By blood and soul, his past came back to haunt him, and he left, without a word. Death was following him; he could not let it taint Eladrin's family... and most of all, he could not let Lina be hurt.*

Quietstorm: I am sorry for my... quiet leave.

*He was hunted, but not by mere mortals. They wanted him back. The call of blood, the yearn of soul, led them to him. The Drow were upon him, and he could not let them harm his only love. He had escaped in the dark of night, leaving Ilya, once again leaving behind his past. How was it that for every brief, happy moment, a longer, blood-filled one followed?*

SageofShadow

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Vox's expression changes to a calm

Vox: she still waits for you. she has always waited for you. i may not like it but she might love you.

Vox: and dont call my your lord im no longer a king.

Vox laughs a bit to lighten the mood

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
Quietstorm: As you wish... Vox. *Turns to Kaiji* And now what? We have found Vox Eladrin. Who else will join us?

SageofShadow

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Kaiji: there are others...the next is the Final Warrior.

Vox: my brother...why?

Kaiji: without Death, we cannot possibly win this

Vox: you make no sense to me Kaiji.

Kaiji: listen old man, i know what i saw in my dreams. it means finding all of the Ascended like 20 years ago when you and the Final Warrior were ridding the world of the Plague.

ooc: yes it was a typo on Vox's sheet that he was 25 its 55 really

bot

Kaiji: we must first find an old friend of mine. so back to the Dragon Temple

Kaiji wraps his robes tight about himself and walks out of the tavern with Vox following

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
*Quietstorm muses to himself. What would his teacher have said? What would the Warrior's teachings dictate?... For all the horrors he had wrought, it would not surprise him if the Three would be after him. But then again...*

Quietstorm: So we must find the Final Warrior...

Kaiji: Yes.

Quietstorm: ... He will not be at the Castle of Evers'ilance.

Kaiji: Oh? How do you know?

Quietstorm: ... I just do.

*The Warrior had taught him. He had taught him to notice everything, to watch, to see. And when there was nothing to do...*

Quietstorm: He is meditating. In Oblivion, or within Chaos, or between them. Only a planeswalker could reach him.

SageofShadow

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Kaiji: hmm...can you planeswalk then?

Kaiji looks despirate

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
Quietstorm: If I could planeswalk, I'd have an even bigger reputation... but no, I cannot. It is something that one knows, not learns.

Kaiji: What?

Quietstorm: Planeswalking is like an instinct... of course, there are items of power that can allow one to "brute force" one's way through dimensions... I hear that the Bloodwurm Necklace and the Griffin Blade are two such items.

Kaiji: It seems that we are in a spot of trouble then.

SageofShadow

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Kaiji: there might be someone...

Kaiji looks off to the woods

Kaiji: Either Eyes the Swift or Scythe the Cold will help us

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website